• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tim Hardaway Jr is a Hawk

ATLHawks3

• Moderators

the worst part is this is lose/lose. We did this to save money! So instead of controlling a guy cheap for 4 years you get a guy who will be up for a big raise in 2 years if he works out? We did this for production? Wow. 38% no D and no big upside is the best you could get for the 15th pick?

Man I hope I am completely wrong on this. I just feel like you have to slam dunk the trade if you are giving up two years of team control and we sure as sh$& didn't slam dunk this one as it sits today.

Tim Hardaway Jr. Was 450th out of 474 qualifying players last year in WAR.

I didn't think I could feel worse about this trade. Thanks for proving me wrong!

• Like 4

Devin Booker plays defense, has high BBIQ ,  and has experience in an offensive scheme. He's also efficient. 

booker was not a good defensive player, and the cats didn't have great offensive schemes for him.

i like booker, and i love the cats, so i would've liked for him to be a hawk, but don't give him more credit than what's due. 

booker with some hard work could become another korver, imo.

• Like 1

• Moderators

WELCOME, TIMBUG JUNIOR!

Sleeping with the enemy up at the Hornets' Draft Party. The party in a nutshell: An arena of "WE WANT JUSTISE!" followed shortly thereafter by, "NO JUSTISE, NO PEACE! BOO!" lol

Let's get those player developer folks on Hardaway pronto!

Somebody go check for Ron Hunter on the floor. (Congrats, R.J.! Don't kill us!)

~lw3

• Premium Member

the worst part is this is lose/lose. We did this to save money! So instead of controlling a guy cheap for 4 years you get a guy who will be up for a big raise in 2 years if he works out?

My gosh.. would you listen to yourself?

You're saying that you're would rather be tethered to a guy who could be a BUST for the next four years than to have to give a guy a raise for proving his worth in 2??

Chances are that Thabo and Korver won't be back right away.  Baze and THJr gets to prove themselves as the better backup.  IF these guys prove themselves, you're saying that you're mad that you don't have some Marvin Williams Rookie around to point at and say in ______ Years, he could be something?

Poor guy.

• Like 1

• Moderators

My gosh.. would you listen to yourself?

You're saying that you're would rather be tethered to a guy who could be a BUST for the next four years than to have to give a guy a raise for proving his worth in 2??

Chances are that Thabo and Korver won't be back right away. Baze and THJr gets to prove themselves as the better backup. IF these guys prove themselves, you're saying that you're mad that you don't have some Marvin Williams Rookie around to point at and say in ______ Years, he could be something?

Poor guy.

You know the team isn't tethered to a first round pick. The first round pick is tethered to the team. I am pissed at this trade. Literally feeling ill. Sh$&y way to end a crappy day for me.

Add: just in case that isn't clear the team can elect to cut a first round pick loose by not offering him as we did with Jenkins. The rookies that hit are locked in at great contracts like Dennis. That is huge for a team that wants to contend.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

You know the team isn't tethered to a first round pick. The first round pick is tethered to the team. I am pissed at this trade. Literally feeling ill. Sh$&y way to end a crappy day for me.

Well, I got some good news for you...

4 Kentucky players were drafted ahead of our pick.

We saved money.

We got a known quantity who can help right away.

If he doesn't produce he's gone at the end of the season or probably moved in a trade midseason becauses Team Option players are valuable in this league.

Cant be excited about this trade/pick situation really...Can only think his salary could be trade filler down the road??

He makes about what the 19th pick would make. And Grant would hold more trade value to most teams. It has to mean an abundance of confidence in THJ with only 2 years of salary control.

• Like 1

I had no intentions to defend this trade since I'm not convinced but some people here are really annoying, they make me love THJr. You can point some bad things about THJr or some other good things but the attitude from some people really annoys me...

There's a certain type of person (miserable with their lives) who are NOT happy unless they can find something to bitch about. This is their chance. Let them vent, and bless them. I coined them "The Miserable Ones" this past pre-season ;)

• Like 4