• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tim Hardaway Jr is a Hawk

ATLHawks3

How is he better than Bazemore?

Feels bad man :(

He's better than Bazemore. Like we said, he has obvious strengths and weaknesses. He's very good at scoring but struggles at creating his own shot and doesn't create off the dribble well. Has become a much better team defender but is a horrible man defender and is still growing as a team defender. Terrible rebounder. He is Allan Houston/ Michael Finley like. Like most of the Knicks players, he had a shitty year. The good for him is he did start to play much better back from the injury when the Knicks started to play within the triangle offense and he shined in that realm.

He has potential when he plays within himself on offense. He's so one dimensional that he needs to become a special offensive player to justify his presence on your team. He needs to become a great scorer to hold value. He did play much better when the triangle offense was being used effectively by the Knicks in the last 15 or so games and f* up the Knicks draft spot.

Who knows what he is? For most of this 2nd year, he was a scrub. At his best, he was a legit stud. In his rookie year, he flashed more potential than the norm and was 1st team Rookie. I am going to take a wait and see approach. I am not going to look at stats because I watch Knicks games and I know his skill-set. This can go right or left. Hell, I wouldn't know.

• Like 4

Kawhi played defense and rebounded. Thj doesn't. We don't need scoring. We need defense and boards

We needed scoring, especially off the bench and on the perimeter in general. Like I said, I seen enough of THJ to where I don't hate the trade but I seen enough to where I am sick.

Ok I just looked this up

Carmelo Anthony Threatened to Beat Up Tim Hardaway Jr. as Knicks Unravel

The New York Knicks were en route to their fifth straight loss last week against Brooklyn when a frustrated Tim Hardaway Jr. screamed angrily, “Get the rebound!”

Certain his second-year teammate was speaking to him, Carmelo Anthony approached Hardaway on the way down the court and used an expletive to ask Hardaway who in the world he thought he was talking to.

Anthony, according to sources, then used another expletive in telling Hardaway he was going to beat him up when they got into the locker room after the game.

I like the fight...especially when playing for nothing.  That's me on the court in rec.  Calling out lazy players who can do more.

• Moderators

He's better than Bazemore. Like we said, he has obvious strengths and weaknesses. He's very good at scoring but struggles at creating his own shot and doesn't create off the dribble well. Has become a much better team defender but is a horrible man defender and is still growing as a team defender. Terrible rebounder. He is Allan Houston/ Michael Finley like. Like most of the Knicks players, he had a shitty year. The good for him is he did start to play much better back from the injury when the Knicks started to play within the triangle offense and he shined in that realm.

He has potential when he plays within himself on offense. He's so one dimensional that he needs to become a special offensive player to justify his presence on your team. He needs to become a great scorer to hold value. He did play much better when the triangle offense was being used effectively by the Knicks in the last 15 or so games and f* up the Knicks draft spot.

Who knows what he is? For most of this 2nd year, he was a scrub. At his best, he was a legit stud. In his rookie year, he flashed more potential than the norm and was 1st team Rookie. I am going to take a wait and see approach. I am not going to look at stats because I watch Knicks games and I know his skill-set. This can go right or left. Hell, I wouldn't know.

I am going to try to buy this.

• Like 1

So he's a slightly better Jenkins?

I like the fight...especially when playing for nothing. That's me on the court in rec. Calling out lazy players who can do more.

But he was also a player who could do more.

• Premium Member

Positive:

- We did what I'd hoped... trade back for other assets, b/c of the seeming talent plateau... which, btw, seemed to prove true w/ Portis and Dekker in particular dropping as they did

- THjr isn't the player I would have thought we'd pursue, but he does have some proven talent and Bud's already assured us that this was no desperation move--that THjr is actually someone they'd been targeting... and in Bud we trust, right?

Negative:

- Would have never imagined that all we'd get out of moving back 4 slots would be 2 second rounders. That seems low. But then again, I suppose conventional wisdom said this is a shallow draft.

Cant wait to have him destroy our chemistry, our FG%, AND our Win Loss record

TRUE fan right here...

• Like 2

I agree. I'm reserving judgement until he's played for us.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Positive:

- We did what I'd hoped... trade back for other assets, b/c of the seeming talent plateau... which, btw, seemed to prove true w/ Portis and Dekker in particular dropping as they did

- THjr isn't the player I would have thought we'd pursue, but he does have some proven talent and Bud's already assured us that this was no desperation move--that THjr is actually someone they'd been targeting... and in Bud we trust, right?

Negative:

- Would have never imagined that all we'd get out of moving back 4 slots would be 2 second rounders. That seems low. But then again, I suppose conventional wisdom said this is a shallow draft.

Conventional wisdom trumpeted the depth of this draft.

Also. This means we HAVE to sign a starting SF and PF, and 2 backup Cs in free agency. I also think we still have no legit depth at SG. 

This doesnt even improve our roster outlook OR save us from having to spend big on a starter. 

There are literally layers and layers of shit on this deal. Its like a rotten onion. 

Edited by Afro

Just to remind folks: We already have Korver/Thabo/Bazemore at SG. Teague/Dennis/Mack at PG. Unless we are trading one of the names I just listed this makes zero sense.

Mack will be gone.....Korver is 34 and currently in a walking boot, Thabo missed the playoffs all together. So what you're saying is we dont need a young SG that can score and be groomed by the coach of the year.....

Wake up Hawks FAN!

• Like 3

• Moderators

He's a much better talent than Jenkins. Jenkins has a more versatile game. Most SG's have a more versatile game than Hardaway.

He better pick waasayyyy up in his scoring efficiency if his one trick is scoring. At least his rookie season was ok shooting. Last year was a disaster. He needs to do better than ok when he can't board or play D.

• Like 1

Conventional wisdom trumpeted the depth of this draft.

Indeed. This is one of the years that the depth was touted as unusually good.

Regardless, I am actually excited to see how THJ's game will be molded and shaped. I believe he will actually be able to help us and even thrive (assuming the culture of the Hawks has become one of humility, hard work, and sacrifice).

I don't want to live with the "sky is falling" mentality. I've been through enough as a Hawks fan (shoot, we all have) and refuse to say I'm a fan while living, breathing, and drinking snarky cynicism and negativity flying under the guise of "realism." There is no real life or future there for me;)

Now I really am hoping for a splash. Last night and this morning I felt like something big was coming. I will be disappointed if this is it for next year. So here is hoping FA shines brighter upon us than Draft night;)

Go Hawks!!!!!

You know what makes me feel even worse about this trade? The fact that @AHF is pissed about this! That tells me I'm not crazy for being in complete shock that once again we have no 1st round pick to be excited about. What's next @lethalweapon3 starts spitting out word soup while trying to speak? @Gray Mule curses someone out? Someone actually likes @kg01? The world is coming to an end damn it! I'm going back into retirement[emoji22]

You really don't have to worry about the latter...

Hardaway yelled at Melo for doing the same things he does. He was widely criticized by the media

Oooooohhhhh, criticized by the MEDIA. They're the best...