Tim Hardaway Jr is a Hawk

ATLHawks3

huh? he is miles better than he was in Utah. Give credit where its due

you guys are really upset over unproven talent..lol

How is he miles better here?

Better rebounder? No... Not really

Better defender? Same

Better scorer? About the same

He shoots from the outside now. That's the only difference.

I want to see him with the Hawks. I am mixed on him. I seen a potential all star and I seen an obvious scrub. I don't know what he is. I do know he's talented. I will take a wait and see approach. Such a flawed player.

This is a very reasonable approach. If he was a FA. But nope. We gave a first for this.

• Moderators

You know what makes me feel even worse about this trade? The fact that @AHF is pissed about this! That tells me I'm not crazy for being in complete shock that once again we have no 1st round pick to be excited about. What's next @lethalweapon3 starts spitting out word soup while trying to speak? @Gray Mule curses someone out? Someone actually likes @kg01? The world is coming to an end damn it! I'm going back into retirement[emoji22]

No, no I am really excited about this. We just grabbed a star! Come back! Step away from the light!!!

I was so excited when Oubre and Portis were on the board for us. Thrilled when we took Oubre then disappointed when we traded him but still hopeful and then this? We could have had him and Glenn Rice Jr for peanuts a couple years back and now we use a 1st on a guy the Knicks likely had no plans for. Man I'm sick over this one and nothing we do in FA will change the fact that we pissed away ANOTHER 1st round pick. Any chance we can trade Schröder for FA Monta Ellis now? Gotta make sure we don't have any young players with potential on the roster. {/sarcasm}

• Like 4

• Moderators

Well, I was gonna offer my thoughts, but now that I see that, after all these years, 'Squawkers are still:

1. Using a mostly worthless stat like FG%

2. Ignoring the expected value of a mid-first rounder

3. Completely overlooking cap ramifications

4. Getting too invested in individual draft prospects as "their guy"

I'm not going to bother.

.512% ts%

12.1 per

0.023 WS/48

101 ortg

114 drtg

Negative VORP two years running

Should I keep going?

Ok I just looked this up

Carmelo Anthony Threatened to Beat Up Tim Hardaway Jr. as Knicks Unravel

The New York Knicks were en route to their fifth straight loss last week against Brooklyn when a frustrated Tim Hardaway Jr. screamed angrily, “Get the rebound!”

Certain his second-year teammate was speaking to him, Carmelo Anthony approached Hardaway on the way down the court and used an expletive to ask Hardaway who in the world he thought he was talking to.

Anthony, according to sources, then used another expletive in telling Hardaway he was going to beat him up when they got into the locker room after the game.

I'm a HUGE fan of ANYone busting Caramello's balls. Already loving him choking on the crow of "Ain't nobody wanna go there" with Gasol and LMA's name-dropping the Hawks. Hardaway screaming at him just won me more points. Who else on the Knickerbonkers did that? Who else?

• Like 2

Going for the depth I see Bud's strategy. The only thing is Thjr is just like what we already have just another Jag. Yeah it saves money a little however I could see all this money saving backfire. Sap and Dmc could both easily sign with other teams and if one is brought back yet the Hawks don't sign either Aldridge or Gasol how has the team improved and closed the gap on the mighty Cavs? 

• Like 1

I'm a HUGE fan of ANYone busting Caramello's balls. Already loving him choking on the crow of "Ain't nobody wanna go there" with Gasol and LMA's name-dropping the Hawks. Hardaway screaming at him just won me more points. Who else on the Knickerbonkers did that? Who else?

Hardaway yelled at Melo for doing the same things he does. He was widely criticized by the media

I was so excited when Oubre and Portis were on the board for us. Thrilled when we took Oubre then disappointed when we traded him but still hopeful and then this? We could have had him and Glenn Rice Jr for peanuts a couple years back and now we use a 1st on a guy the Knicks likely had no plans for. Man I'm sick over this one and nothing we do in FA will change the fact that we pissed away ANOTHER 1st round pick. Any chance we can trade Schröder for FA Monta Ellis now? Gotta make sure we don't have any young players with potential on the roster. {/sarcasm}

bud is slowly becoming doc the gm east smh

We get this guy and I'm sure Pero will be back.

Bud seems to like guys that shoot low percentages. He likes shooters that can't actually shoot.

What a stupid little man he is

COY, just led the Hawks to ECF's with most wins in ATL history. The man who had to convince Pop to trade for Kawhi. Speaking of stupid little men O.o

• Like 1

You know what makes me feel even worse about this trade? The fact that @AHF is pissed about this! That tells me I'm not crazy for being in complete shock that once again we have no 1st round pick to be excited about. What's next @lethalweapon3 starts spitting out word soup while trying to speak? @Gray Mule curses someone out? Someone actually likes @kg01? The world is coming to an end damn it! I'm going back into retirement[emoji22]

Wha? You're ... dead? We killed you ...

All in all, we'll be fine. Hardaway will contribute more than any of these other draft prospects. Only reason you like them is because if the shiny new shoes and tight pants.

COY, just led the Hawks to ECF's with most wins in ATL history. The man who had to convince Pop to trade for Kawhi. Speaking of stupid little men O.o

Kawhi played defense and rebounded. Thj doesn't. We don't need scoring. We need defense and boards

Now he is the GM though... And his first move is to get a horrible player like Tim Hardaway Jr.

I asked THJ if he's gunna suck in Atlanta like he sucked in NY.

• Moderators

What're we gonna do when we're up against the cap and pick 28+ every year?

We already have more talent than we can use. We plan to get rid of Dennis for second rounders to show that high upside mid round picks are a waste. We don't have time to deal with someone like Dennis when we can get someone who put up 0.0 win shares in defense in over 1600 minutes. Where else can you find a gem like that who struggled on offense to boot? (9.5% turnover rate and .512 ts%).

Hardaway is Korver insurance. Coach Bud knows what he is doing. You combine the fact that Korver slowed down after the allstar break, AND, had that ankle surgery, this is a good move on the Hawks part. They wasnt gonna play a rookie anyway. Once they get a big in free agency, it will all fall into place.........

• Like 2