• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Monta Ellis?

Afro

Aldridge is not a stellar defender/rim protector. So now we have no perimeter defense and no interior defense. Great.

You can't have no defense at SG AND SF

You know what im REALLY looking at? I want the Hawks to be a free agent destination. I rather they lose WITH Hardaway, Monta and Aldridge, with the prospect of a Durant, etc. wanting to come here, than to lose with Sap, DMC, and those type of players. I want the NBA and ESPN to get behind the Hawks. 

Edited by atlhawks1

• Admin

To be fair, if Hardaway plays SG we won't have defense either lol

True but his habits have been formed by his couple years with a very poorly run NY team.  He is still in the learning stages ... Monta is formed...his game is what it is ... a no defense ball dominant too small to be shooting guard chucker who can't stay with a team

You know what im REALLY looking at? I want the Hawks to be a free agent destination. I rather they lose WITH Hardaway, Monta and Aldridge, with the prospect of a Durant, etc. wanting to come here, than to lose with Sap, DMC, and those type of players. I want the NBA and ESPN to get behind the Hawks. 

uuuhhhh...pass.  

I don't want to lose.

The Sacramento Kings and Indiana Pacers are among the teams interested in Monta Ellis.

RealGM's Shams Charania previously reported that the Atlanta Hawks and Miami Heat would be on Ellis' free agency list.

Ellis spent the past two seasons with the Dallas Mavericks.

Lakers would be a good landing spot for Monta. I want Monta, but I think the addition of chucker pretty much eliminated us from getting Monta.

Coach Bud has said over and over that he loves shooters and Monta Ellis is definitely a shooter. Other than that he doesn't seem to fit.

Can he pass or does anyone even know because he always looks to shoot? Serious question.

Coach Bud has said over and over that he loves shooters and Monta Ellis is definitely a shooter. Other than that he doesn't seem to fit.

Can he pass or does anyone even know because he always looks to shoot? Serious question.

I wouldn't call Monta a shooter. He is a scorer in my view. Shooters are generally players that make the outside shot fairly consistently, Monta takes those but doesn't make as much to call him a shooter.

He can't pass either.

I wouldn't call Monta a shooter. He is a scorer in my view. Shooters are generally players that make the outside shot fairly consistently, Monta takes those but doesn't make as much to call him a shooter.

He can't pass either.

True, scorer probably is a better description of him. I don't think he fits, but if Coach Bud really does want him and gets him then I will be on board. I will be confused, but I will be on board.

• Like 1

Man, Monta  would be a GREAT piece for the Pacers.

Man, Monta  would be a GREAT piece for the Pacers.

Yep, he will be a nice fit for them IMO.  They still have some work to do though to be up at our level.

NBA is a copycat league - when they see a team like us winning 60 games without a dominating center - then the GSWs going small to win against CLE everybody wants athletic shooters.

Looks like the Hawks are still interested.

True, scorer probably is a better description of him. I don't think he fits, but if Coach Bud really does want him and gets him then I will be on board. I will be confused, but I will be on board.

Yup Ellis is a scorer period really but I think he can be better on defense if he tries and since his years in the NBA are dwindling down Im sure he's going to put more effort in defense on whatever team he goes to. I really do think he would like to have a shot at being on an actual contender before his career is over.

Looks like the Hawks are still interested.

Yeah Im thinking 6th man….is the only reason the hawks are considering this after trading for THJ

Yup Ellis is a scorer period really but I think he can be better on defense if he tries and since his years in the NBA are dwindling down Im sure he's going to put more effort in defense on whatever team he goes to. I really do think he would like to have a shot at being on an actual contender before his career is over.

Yeah Im thinking 6th man….is the only reason the hawks are considering this after trading for THJ

I disagree. He tries hard. He just lacks size on the 2 position and the awareness in things like rotating and help-d. He's a great at intercepting passes though and running the fast-break. But in static situations he kills you on D.

I watched all mavs games last two years. One thing you can not say about Ellis last two years, is that he doesnt try hard. He's playing like a wreckingball out there. The Ellis out there last two years, is the best Ellis possible. Although his play has been undervalued because he seriously is getting mistreated by reffs night after night.