• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tiago Splitter traded to hawks

GrimeyKidd

Huh? you always want to measure yourself against the king of the hill. No one is saying cheer for the Cavs. As a fan you want your team to be better and I don't see the Hawks closing the gap. I guess we should be happy just making the playoffs like the Hawks do about every year and getting bounced out at some point.

I thought the Warriors were the king of the hill

• Like 1

I love this move...as long as Millsap resigns and Splitter comes of the bench. In that role he should be fantastic. He has that savy and toughness I missed in allot of the losses, where we got destroyed in the paint more than anything else. I think that is the Bud plan. I think he had enough of Pero as well. Resigning Millsap can be done and I think Millsap wants to stay here. In that role Thiago would really just be a riskfree segnificant upgrade on the center position and adding allot of legit size to the Hawks. One of our achilles heels last year. Also some rotations with Al on PF late in the 1st and 3rd quarters would be interesting. Also Pero might turn into a good asset, since now you could play him only in certain match-ups, and not have him thrown in against whatever NBA centers. Pero(if not traded) should be more effective that way as well.

Thiago also could be a good mentor to Moose btw, having exactly those things that Moose lacks.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

Raptors gained Demarre, but lost Amir Johnson. He did a lot for those guys. Just sayin. Hawks are still the better team imo. Btw, I hope THJ makes all of yall look like idiots. Just like Demarre/Milsap did..Bud will get the best out of him. Bank on it.

Huge upgrade over Pero.

Yes!!!

At first I thought this move was decent, but then I read about Splitter's defense and now I think this is a great move.  He defends superstars one-on-one, good pest, moves his feet on pick'n'rolls, adequate rim protector.

We'll be able to start Splitter over Millsap occasionally, depending on matchups.  Our rotation might be similar to San Antonio's, with Millsap playing the Diaw role.

14 mins ago - via Twitter CVivlamoreAJC

Chris Vivlamore: I’m told the Tiago Splitter deal will be done July 9. May have to wait until then for all the details. Stay tuned.

Trade, Tiago Splitter, Atlanta Hawks, San Antonio Spurs

• Premium Member

14 mins ago - via Twitter CVivlamoreAJC

Chris Vivlamore: I’m told the Tiago Splitter deal will be done July 9. May have to wait until then for all the details. Stay tuned.

Trade, Tiago Splitter, Atlanta Hawks, San Antonio Spurs

Interesting. There is another deal in the works with the Hawks.