• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks aint serious about a championship........

atlhawks1

Man, im gonna say this over and over. If the Hawks were SERIOUS about championships, we wouldve heard news that THEY were looking at Aldridge, Gasol, Green, etc. etc. etc. Same ole, same ole. Ferry did the SAME thing. Carroll and Millsap were nobodies. Ferry had a CHUNK of cap space to work with.

I GET the building around a SYSTEM. I GET IT. Thats not the problem. You STILL need PLAYERS. As great as the triangle offense is, it STILL needed a Michael Jordan, a Kobe Bryant, a Shaquille Oneal, etc. to WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. We saw that in the playoffs, you STILL need SUPERSTARS. Yeah, it was a feel good story. I loved it. A team of castoffs winning 60 games, etc. but they got DESTROYED in the playoffs. Even if Thabo was there, they wouldve lost.

Have yall forgot:

Tooeasy.gif

If boogie Cousins dont come thru that door in a trade, or Green, etc.  its the same ole, same ole 40 plus year Atlanta Hawks not winning a championship, wait till next year, we building, blah, blah, blah.........

I wouldve sat DMC and Sap down WITH MR. big mouth Ressler who CLAIM he gonna spend money, and told all of them, we gonna sign you and go HARD after Aldridge, Green, etc. You ADD to your stack, not take away. I wouldve been dumping contracts left and right to make all that happen. Every NBA analyst on tv has been saying ALL DAY that THIS off season was the off season to over pay your free agents, because of the new TV contracts coming out next year will make these max signings look like chump change. 

Everybody can do something: Miami, Cleveland, Clippers, everybody can figure out how to pay everybody except the Hawks. Ressler aint spending no money. He gonna spruce up Phillips or get a new arena, increase the value and sell them within 10 years. He is about INVESTING. He shouldve been the FIRST owner out there kicking down top free agents doors, to make a impression in the NBA that the Hawks are serious, but they not.

Edited by atlhawks1

They were interested in Aldridge and he took them off the list.

And what does that one play have to do with anyth....wait why am i answering this nonsense?

I wouldve took them off MY list too if they didnt give me any indication that they was serious players. Money talks.............

Edited by atlhawks1

What would you have done to make things work?

I already said it. Dump contracts and go straight into the luxury tax with max deals for Sap, DMC and Aldridge or Green, etc. Whatever it took. NBA players are not stupid. They know the serious players and the ones who gonna just get by, like the Hawks have always done.

I already said it. Dump contracts and go straight into the luxury tax with max deals for Sap, DMC and Aldridge or Green, etc. Whatever it took. NBA players are not stupid. They know the serious players and the ones who gonna just get by, like the Hawks have always done.

It isn't that simple.  You can't just pay someone more than you have cap space for unless you have "full Bird" rights on them.  If you sign outsiders, you can't go over the cap at all.  Luxury tax or no luxury tax.  It's not an option.

Splitter could also come off the bench if we're still looking for another small forward.

As long as he gets 30+ minutes im OK. I think he can be really good with more time and in this system.

How much cap do we have left to get a wing?

It isn't that simple.  You can't just pay someone more than you have cap space for unless you have "full Bird" rights on them.  If you sign outsiders, you can't go over the cap at all.  Luxury tax or no luxury tax.  It's not an option.

But WHY does Atlanta always find themselves in that situation?  See, Dwayne Wade KNEW the Heat was serious when he took his pay cut, because the Heat was going HARD after  Lebron James. You think that Sap and DMC wouldnt have done the same thing for the Hawks if they was looking HARD at adding one of the top tier free agents??? I believe they would have.

You got to sell the free agents that you mean business about that chip. Offer the max if you can, but if you cant, at least you got them somewhere in the ballpark to accept less because you going hard at that chip.

Edited by atlhawks1

And I was just warming up to a Splitter/Horford frontcourt.

Millsap at SF?

This SAP signing has me rethinking this whole off season also. I was cool with the Tiago signing, because dummy me, thought the Hawks was gonna go hard after a small forward. But nah, i dont know WHAT they doing now..........

Not worth arguing with someone so ignorant to how facy and the cap work

Evidently the Hawks dont know either because brah, there is not ONE championship banner hanging at Phillips Arena.......

But WHY does Atlanta always find themselves in that situation? See, Dwayne Wade KNEW the Heat was serious when he took his pay cut, because the Heat was going HARD after Lebron James. You think that Sap and DMC wouldnt have done the same thing for the Hawks if they was looking HARD at adding one of the top tier free agents??? I believe they would have.

You got to sell the free agents that you mean business about that chip. Offer the max if you can, but if you cant, at least you got them somewhere in the ballpark to accept less because you going hard at that chip.

Wade and lebron personally discussed what they were doing in free agency. They already knew what was going on and knew the only way to make it happen was to take a cut. Now, the same Miami heat team that you're talking about being so serious about winning....y won't wade take a cut now to stay with the same team that he did it for before? Don't let facts get in the way of your immaturity tho
  • Like 2