• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeMarre Carroll: "Hawks didn't make much effort to keep me"

Plainview1981

Kevin Arnovitz ‏@kevinarnovitz20m20 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA

Hawks had a breaking point on Carroll in the neighborhood of 4/$50M. Might have nudged up a bit, but not significantly.

I think Carroll is just trying to not look like the greedy asshole that he is.

I would be OK if he said he couldn't pass up the extra $10 million.

• Premium Member

DeMarre Carroll Says Atlanta Hawks Weren't Even Among Top 4 Bidders

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/01/demarre-carroll-atlanta-hawks_n_7708940.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Because they knew that your 12 ppg was easily replaceable

Edited by Peoriabird
  • Like 1

Ugh, bad taste in my mouth DMC. And I really liked you. Can't blame you for taking the extra $10mil, but ya ain't gotta be like that...

Toronto is going to pay him what Cousins and Klay Thompson make. Good luck with that

And more than Curry and Horford...

• Like 2

Now people are turning on the Dog? It's business, people. He would be doing his family a disservice if he turned down 10 million.

And let's keep it real. The Hawks could've made him the priority over Millsap, and given him a better offer. But the Hawks considered Millsap to be the priority.

That man was instrumental in us making our first Conference Finals in Atlanta history ( when othere were coming up short). I will always be grateful to him for that.

You are right, it's business I'm not mad at DMC for taking the money, and I'm not mad at the Hawks for thinking that Sap was more of a priority. Just be honest and say I took the best offer for the most money.

Now people are turning on the Dog? It's business, people. He would be doing his family a disservice if he turned down 10 million.

And let's keep it real. The Hawks could've made him the priority over Millsap, and given him a better offer. But the Hawks considered Millsap to be the priority.

That man was instrumental in us making our first Conference Finals in Atlanta history ( when othere were coming up short). I will always be grateful to him for that.

No one's denying that, but the Hawks offered him $10 Million less to return to a system that made him the player that he is today, and he then says we didn't want him enough?