• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeMarre Carroll: "Hawks didn't make much effort to keep me"

Plainview1981

No one's denying that, but the Hawks offered him $10 Million less to return to a system that made him the player that he is today, and he then says we didn't want him enough?

DMC specifically said that if the Hawks chose to make Millsap the priority, that he would have to take significantly less.

That means if they had to give Millsap the max to keep him, the money left for DeMarre wouldn't have been 10 million a year. It would be closer to 8 million a year.

DMC specifically said that if the Hawks chose to make Millsap the priority, that he would have to take significantly less.

That means if they had to give Millsap the max to keep him, the money left for DeMarre wouldn't have been 10 million a year. It would be closer to 8 million a year.

Kevin Arnovitz ‏@kevinarnovitz20m20 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA

Hawks had a breaking point on Carroll in the neighborhood of 4/$50M. Might have nudged up a bit, but not significantly.

If the Hawks offered the 4/50 to DMC that he turned down then it means 1 of 2 things:

1. Paul would take his EB max or

2. We move players to accommodate a max to Sap.

Now people are turning on the Dog? It's business, people. He would be doing his family a disservice if he turned down 10 million.

And let's keep it real. The Hawks could've made him the priority over Millsap, and given him a better offer. But the Hawks considered Millsap to be the priority.

That man was instrumental in us making our first Conference Finals in Atlanta history ( when othere were coming up short). I will always be grateful to him for that.

Not for taking the money, we all would've done the same. I don't think you get what people are saying here...

It's more than that. If you listened to him when every opportunity presented itself, his loyalty was always Benjamins and Franklins. Good for him. I'd have never given him that amount of money. See ya.

You know, when I saw how much Carroll was getting paid... I had a facial expression just like Fred G has in your avatar.

• Like 1

Id do the same for my family.

LOL @ cloaking naked greed in family values.  No family in the world needs more than $50 million.

Let's not forget that Demarre developed sticky hands after the All-Star break.  Our chemistry suffered because of it.  My concern is that next season he will feel the need to justify this outlandish contract.

Whatever, he was a warrior and I enjoyed rooting for him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't see how anyone can blame DMC. I said flat out that his playoff run and grit playing hurt were going to price him away from us and it damn sure did. I just hate that we couldn't keep him.

• Like 1

Why are people upset with him? Someone asked him a question and he simply answered that Atlanta wasn't one of the top bidders. He didn't take any shots. Just being honest. He always stayed humble and gracious when his teammates were getting the spotlight, and he showed up in a big way during the postseason. I have nothing but respect for him and I'm certainly not going to criticize him for taking that payday of a lifetime. 

• Like 4

Thank God we didn't offer more than $12 a season for him. He's good but he can't consistently out the team on his back or get you points when you need to go to him.

It was all good on the board with Carroll earlier in the day. There are a hundred " good luck to Carroll," " best wishes to Carroll" posts in the thread about him leaving..Now that he exposed the Hawks for the frauds they are, now its " forget Carroll"...............

I told yall the Hawks aint serious about winning championships.....................

Robert-DeNiro-Laughing-Awards-Ceremony.g

Edited by atlhawks1

I think Carroll is just trying to not look like the greedy asshole that he is.

I agree.. I'm not against anyone making their money, but don't attack the team like we didn't want you here.. He knew the objective and the financial status of the team. You either get paid and we have to chop down a possible "championship" roster or we give you a "fair" deal to maintain the continuity. Obviously Demarre decided to get paid instead of taking a team friendly deal. Now this greedy SOB is trying to blame his exit on the team. Screw him! I knew this guy was all for his self when he made that comment before the playoffs.

LOL @ cloaking naked greed in family values.  No family in the world needs more than $50 million.

Let's not forget that Demarre developed sticky hands after the All-Star break.  Our chemistry suffered because of it.  My concern is that next season he will feel the need to justify this outlandish contract.

Whatever, he was a warrior and I enjoyed rooting for him.

If not for DMC we woulda been knocked out of the playoffs in the 1st or 2nd round... stop it.

If not for DMC we woulda been knocked out of the playoffs in the 1st or 2nd round... stop it.

Yeah, I have no issue with DMC's play at all. He put it all out there every time he stepped on the floor.