• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What will we learn tonight VS the Pellicans?

Gray Mule

In our first game of the pre season, we faced the already, as per ESPN, the eastern division

champion Cleveland Cavs.  These champions, who lost by only two points because the

refs had the audacity to call two personal fouls on "The King" in the first quarter, knowing

that the Cavs had about fourteen of their best players out due to injuries.  Had they been

healthy, they could have easily won by at least twenty.

Now, comes our second game.  No TV coverage but, just maybe, there will be radio coverage.

Will Thabo be there and available?  Will most everyone get some floor time?  This is the time

for the guys who will occupy the end of the bench to shine.  We have more players than we have

positions open.  These games is where players move up and down the list.  We need a D league

team to send the players that don't make it.

What do you think???

92.9 frustrates me because every year they say they will have the game, but it is never broadcast on their internet site. Tonight I am trying to listen to the game straight from the radio instead of internet and they aren't playing the game. Why do they advertise that they broadcast it and then not do it?

Anyway, looking at the box score the score is ATL 68 and NOP  70 beginning of the 4th.

I was a little off on the score. It's ATL 72 NOP 71 end of 3rd. We had a great 3rd Qtr. Bazemore, Korver, and Horford have 10 pts. Milsap and Splitter have 9 pts. and Schröder has 11 pts.

I think they are only obligated to do the regular season and playoffs. I listened to them damn near every game last season.

That 4th quarter was impressive by all the youngsters

Our scrubs are better than their scrubs and Edy may

be a bull in the china shop, but he's effective.  Lots

of polish needed but he's young and we have time.

Nice 10 point victory!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Purely from box score surfing all night. The Pellies would love to have better balance where they don't have to rely on Davis and one-or-two different guys to carry them every night. Tonight it was Davis, and Tyreke (combined 16-for-30 FGs)... and Pray for Rain (rest of team 16-for-54 FGs).

The Hawks turned it on late, with 8 different players nailing at least one triple. Paul and Al still gotta find more ways to draw shooting fouls, but Baze (6-7 FTs) and Kyle (5-for-5 FTs) more than made up for that. Justin Holiday looks like he had a tough night (did he get to share the floor with Jrue?), but Baze got 4 steals, three in the 3rd quarter when the Hawks made their first comeback. Schröder drew a tech but then assisted a Hardaway 3 and four free throws as the Hawks turned the tide. Edy, Mike, Moose, Lamar, and Terran all conspired on assisted baskets in the 4th quarter (including a Lamar oop to Edy) to pull away for good. 

~lw3

• Like 4

Edy is clearly a problem. The NBA added more talented bigs this off-season then the previous three combined. 

Porzingis, Edy, Okafor, Towns and a couple others have been making a serious impact as rookies in the pre-season.

I really think our bench is extremely talented. I would like to see THJr get more comfortable each game. He has much potential in this offense. 

• Like 4

Here's some-a what Budz learned ...

http://atlantahawks.blog.ajc.com/2015/10/12/budenholzer-comments-on-first-two-preseason-games/

This part will make many of y'all smile ...

One of the things Budenholzer wanted to improve this season is rebounding. Against the Cavaliers, the Hawks pulled down 46 rebounds (nine offensive). Against the Pelicans, they had 48 rebounds (five offensive).

It’s an area we are trying to improve and give daily attention, daily focus,” Budenholzer said. “Again, you see some signs of positive examples and times when we need to continue to emphasis it.”