• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anticipation.....

hazer

So What Will It Be At The 3?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He will be steep. But close your eyes for a sec: BLTeague, Threezus, KD, Trillsap, and Bawse. That's just not fair, it would be a slaughter. As in "ban Richard Petty's Dodge Daytona HEMI" not fair. Your entire lineup are All-Star starters, with an MVP thrown in there...

I see what your saying...makes complete sense it really does. KD joins a TEAM full of all star players though there aren't any superstars on the team, the TEAM is better overall because it's a TEAM full of all star non greedy players along with an MVP in KD.

......and that's the exact reason KD will overlook the Hawks. Superstars in today's NBA league don't think like that. Superstar/MVP caliber players like KD would rather go to a team with a BIG 3 surrounded with average and below average players. So let's do ourselves a favor and not dream to big, even if the dream makes more sense than most teams in the NBA. It upsets me that stars today think like that. I wonder why all superstar players are so friendly these days with each other and have no competitive edge like back then.

I see what your saying...makes complete sense it really does. KD joins a TEAM full of all star players though there aren't any superstars on the team, the TEAM is better overall because it's a TEAM full of all star non greedy players along with an MVP in KD.

......and that's the exact reason KD will overlook the Hawks. Superstars in today's NBA league don't think like that. Superstar/MVP caliber players like KD would rather go to a team with a BIG 3 surrounded with average and below average players. So let's do ourselves a favor and not dream to big, even if the dream makes more sense than most teams in the NBA. It upsets me that stars today think like that. I wonder why all superstar players are so friendly these days with each other and have no competitive edge like back then.

KD seems like a different breed from that, to me. A more humble, genuine, hard worker. He has to know if he comes here it's Finals every year.

• Like 1

I voted for #2.  We have the chemistry elsewhere, just need to fill that spot.  If we brought in Joe cheap, it would only be a stopgap while we groom a young guy.

Yes, the purpose of bringing JJ back for 2 years, if he's still producing and can be had affordably, would be to fill the gap until Bud's own product developed. JJ might be the best cheap option until then, if he'd sign for 4 mill/yr to possibly snag a ring. Otherwise, throw over 100 mill at KD.

• Premium Member

Man, you gotta elaborate on that.  Considering salaries are about to explode, it'll all be relative anyway.

You worried about injury concerns?  I could see that.

The truth is, KD is an overpriced shooter. He doesn't have the skills to dominate a game.  He's not a Wade or a Lebron like player.   He's not even Joe in his prime.   He's a guy, who when left open, he will kill you.  He has enjoyed that in OKC for years because they always had other options.   Him with us... he would work but his price tag would be so high in the future, i can see us loosing valuable pieces before we get a championship.

Trust me... The explosion of salaries will be contained.  It's not a time to splurge, it's still a time to spend wisely.

KD seems like a different breed from that, to me. A more humble, genuine, hard worker. He has to know if he comes here it's Finals every year.

I hope you're right! I really do cause him being a hawk would change the east drastically! There's already 2 good pgs here, 1 fantastic shooter at SG, and two all star big men that can literally make the ASG every year!

the team is truly stacked no lie and that's not a homer comment I think most NBA players, fans, and analysts know that the Hawks are deep but just don't have a superstar.

The truth is, KD is an overpriced shooter. He doesn't have the skills to dominate a game.  He's not a Wade or a Lebron like player.   He's not even Joe in his prime.   He's a guy, who when left open, he will kill you.  He has enjoyed that in OKC for years because they always had other options.   Him with us... he would work but his price tag would be so high in the future, i can see us loosing valuable pieces before we get a championship.

Trust me... The explosion of salaries will be contained.  It's not a time to splurge, it's still a time to spend wisely.

Are you kidding? KD has an elite offense game period! No he's not the best defender but let's not get silly and talk down on a top 5 talent. If KD came to the Hawks we would surely be instant threats to Lebron and his cavs.

my problem with kd is his defense but I think a coach like bud could probably more than likely figure out a gameplan to over come that.

also I worry about kd and korver on the court at the same time as far as defense goes! Neither one of them are great defenders at a level like thabo or DMC but it's still worth the risk cause again KDs offense is unmatched in the east especially on this Hawks team the way they move the ball and probably only Lebron can put up a real challenge.

• Premium Member

Totally agree with that assessment. Nobody caught our eye in the draft. We are indeed buying time while still building chemistry and winning. I love Bud. I'm not sure if we will ever land KD, but our guy will come along at some point whether through trade, FA or draft.

I truly believe Stanley Johnson was our guy. Once he was gone, the Hawks lost interest in the draft.

• Premium Member

Are you kidding? KD has an elite offense game period! No he's not the best defender but let's not get silly and talk down on a top 5 talent. If KD came to the Hawks we would surely be instant threats to Lebron and his cavs.

my problem with kd is his defense but I think a coach like bud could probably more than likely figure out a gameplan to over come that.

also I worry about kd and korver on the court at the same time as far as defense goes! Neither one of them are great defenders at a level like thabo or DMC but it's still worth the risk cause again KDs offense is unmatched in the east especially on this Hawks team the way they move the ball and probably only Lebron can put up a real challenge.

I don't disagree that when left open, KD kills. KD is like Reggie Millier.  IF you set the picks and got him free, he's going to shoot the lights out.  He will also get you buckets in transition.  However, his defense is not elite.  His passing is not elite.  He won't dominate a game like a Lebron or a Kobe but he's going to want Lebron and Kobe money.

IF we get him, I wouldn't be mad.  I think that he would be a great piece added to what we already have.  However, our window will be short because we will have to sell off players to stay under the cap.

However, our window will be short because we will have to sell off players to stay under the cap.

WHAT?  if the Hawks land a star like KD they better understand that they'll more than likely HAVE to EXCEED  the CAP to keep our BEST players along WITH Durant or it's a moot investment and he would definitely have no reason to come to the Hawks (not that he's coming here anyway).

Yeah, I like thinking outside the box too but I was floored when he said prime Joe > KD.  I've gained a lot of respect for Joe over the last few years, too.  

His defense will never be a plus, but it isn't a hindrance to his team's contention.  A few years ago it seemed impossible because LeBron was at his peak and could easily guard KD in addition to wearing him out in the post, which is what most smart teams do to him if so equipped at the 3 or small-ball 4.  I'm a defensive head and try to be fiscally responsible so I wouldn't care for him here at all.  

If we somehow land Paul George, thank my constant meditation and wishing upon the subject.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

Not agreeing that KD can't dominate games.   He had a streak a couple years ago of 12 30+ scoring games in a row and they won at least 10 of those.   As far as defense, i'm not passing on a superstar because he has average defensive skills.  We play team D here anyway.   I agree that Hawks + KD = contenders for years.

• Like 1

If we somehow land Paul George, thank my constant meditation and wishing upon the subject.

Yeah, I'm expecting some disgruntled high-end players to become available this season.  George will be one.  Problem with him will be did he get too much too soon after that 1 great year in Indy.  IMHO, he's good but he's not the superstar he seems to think he is.

I truly believe Stanley Johnson was our guy. Once he was gone, the Hawks lost interest in the draft.

Yes, I guess I meant nobody caught our eye at the position we were selecting. Otherwise Stan, and Devin Booker I'm thinking we might have liked.

.....is making me wait.

Watching Leonard OWN the 2nd quarter last night, my thoughts turned immediately to Bud's laser-accurate assessment of his potential in this particular system, and dogged pursuit of him in that SA trade. Which tells clearly Bud knows exactly what the Hawks need at the 3 and is just buying his time with Sef, Korver, and Blaze at SF until the right player comes along to pounce on and take us to that next level. Holiday, THJr, and Blaze for that matter are all being groomed to step in at the 2 after Korver, not solutions at the 3. The big question is will Bud go all out to land KD (good LAWD Teague/Korv/KD/Sap/Horf would sweep), or try to find the next Kawhi in the draft and groom him under Sef/Korver for a year or 2? Passing on all those SFs in the last couple of drafts tells me Bud's radar didn't go off, and still hasn't found what he's looking for, buying/biding time. What say you?

I think he hasn't found his Kawhi yet. Who knows Holiday might be that guy.

Yes, I guess I meant nobody caught our eye at the position we were selecting. Otherwise Stan, and Devin Booker I'm thinking we might have liked.

That's what I was saying in the original post too, nobody on Bud's radar left at 15th.