• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Observations from tonight

capstone21

Love the sideline analysis @LucastheThird.  I'm always checking the huddle when I'm in the house.

I didn't see the entire game but I'd venture to say Kyle isn't gonna be bending and stretching defenses like we've grown so accustomed to.  That's a major problem to put it mildly.  Did KCP and/ or Johnson (good looking rookie btw) do that good of a job chasing him or has he just lost that much energy running off the ball?  I can't recall one play where he put a lot of pressure on them.

• Like 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Love the sideline analysis @LucastheThird.  I'm always checking the huddle when I'm in the house.

I didn't see the entire game but I'd venture to say Kyle isn't gonna be bending and stretching defenses like we've grown so accustomed to.  That's a major problem to put it mildly.  Did KCP and/ or Johnson (good looking rookie btw) do that good of a job chasing him or has he just lost that much energy running off the ball?  I can't recall one play where he put a lot of pressure on them.

When players haven't played a real game in months and everyone has fresh legs it's much easier to chase Kyle around.   As the games go on it'll be easier for him to get open.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

I would have taken Oubre, or Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.  Or go big with Portis. I just didn't like the Hardaway trade. I'm just not high on him as a player. I hope he pans out though.  I forgot to mention Justin Anderson. 

I hear you.  That's where we disagree I guess.  I don't see any of those being anything in the league.  Maybe Anderson, certainly not Oubre.

It was just 1 game, the first game. The champion is never crowned on Oct. 27th in the NBA. It only gets better from here. Shout out to Thabo, awesome defense everyone. I really missed seeing that thanks to the nyc police department.

Losing streak continues:  Now at five games.

The Cleveland Cavs had a great formula to beat our Hawks and it worked to perfection.

All the Pistons had to do was follow the directions.  They did all three things and we now see the results:

1- Freeze out, control Korver and don't let him get hot and go off. - 1 for 5 from downtown.

2- Control the boards.  My gosh, not even close. - Only 19 more than Atlanta.

3-  Take and make a lot of 3's  (You must hit them or it doesn't work) - Pistons hit 12.

That's exactly what happened VS the Cavs and last night against the Detroit Pistons.  They followed

the script to perfection!

Until Atlanta learns how to stop the barrage of three point shots and  grab some rebounds, we are destined

to have a very poor season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

They were just on him much of the first half, he jacked up a few that he shouldn't have but he's Threezus so you live with that. I honestly think Kyle wasn't playing at full speed in the first half because he was open a lot more in the second half, it could've also been due to him not always being behind the 3 point line.

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

Sorry Brandon,   But At least Teague tries to run the offense.   Dennis still doesn't care about Bud's offense.  When Dennis is on the floor, you can count on more iso ball.

There’s certain lineup combinations from in which the Hawks are not going to be able to spread the wealth as much as they'd like to spread it offensively.

The last 4 minutes and early in the 2nd quarter last night, I believe Atlanta was running a Schröder, Patterson, Sefolosha, Millsap, and Splitter lineup. The truth is with that lineup there is only two options that are very good offensively with that lineup. Let Schröder and Millsap create 1 on 1 or drive and kick for corner threes (and we did see a few drive and kicks for them, only one was made though, three were attempted). There are others, but they’re not as good.

I would feel better if we still had Danny Ferry. Ferry was aggressive, found ways to make moves. Bud has too much on his plate, he is not ready to be both coach and GM. We do not have a starting caliber small forward. We just haven't recaptured the magic after the high of that long winning streak. Sorry guys, but we are taking a step back this year. 

Thabo is pretty much the only sf we have on the roster. These other guys are sg's. I know people have talked about interchangeable parts and all that but its clear we lack size at that position.  The Pistons attacked Baze  and made no secret they were going to exploit that match-up. I expect to see a lot of this until Thabo is healthy and named the starter or we move one of our plethora or sg's in a package for a true sf.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I would feel better if we still had Danny Ferry. Ferry was aggressive, found ways to make moves. Bud has too much on his plate, he is not ready to be both coach and GM. We do not have a starting caliber small forward. We just haven't recaptured the magic after the high of that long winning streak. Sorry guys, but we are taking a step back this year. 

I'd hate to see your review after the first couple of games last year!  Give it some time.

10 hours ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Thabo is pretty much the only sf we have on the roster. These other guys are sg's. I know people have talked about interchangeable parts and all that but its clear we lack size at that position.  The Pistons attacked Baze  and made no secret they were going to exploit that match-up. I expect to see a lot of this until Thabo is healthy and named the starter or we move one of our plethora or sg's in a package for a true sf.

I do agree that Thabo is our only SF.   I'm only worried on the defensive end, but I have concerns.

12 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Tonight makes me feel better about our team ... Man most teams and players are playing like garbage

Man I was thinking the same.  Rockets get blowed (yeah, blowed) out by the Nuggets?  Memphis gets blowed out in their home opener?  NO is 0-2 with the man who invented basketball aka Anthony Davis?

I chalk our performance(sic) to early season haze.  We'll be ok.

On the flip side, Spurs/Thunder was a playoff-lite game.  Man those two teams looked locked in.  Well with the exception of Aldridge.  Dude came up schmall in game 1.

18 hours ago, kg01 said:

I hear you.  That's where we disagree I guess.  I don't see any of those being anything in the league.  Maybe Anderson, certainly not Oubre.

And neither is Hardaway Jr.

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

And neither is Hardaway Jr.

Stop it, Sparty.

5 minutes ago, JETSET said:

I agree.

Ah, JetS ... sit down buddy.  Sigh.   It's time to move on.  Danny Ferry is not walking through that door ...

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Stop it, Sparty.

Ah, JetS ... sit down buddy.  Sigh.   It's time to move on.  Danny Ferry is not walking through that door ...

I had moved on until Bud decided to trade the 15th pick for a player who can't even make the active roster.  I just have a general distrust in one person being both coach and GM and Wilcox looks like he would get owned in any negotiation. 

Now back to scheduled programming.  

Melo is going to try to score 40 tonight and Derrick Williams is going to be a real problem if he is matched up vs Scott.  I would rather see us sit Thabo for the Charlotte game on Friday than tonight.

33 minutes ago, JETSET said:

I had moved on until Bud decided to trade the 15th pick for a player who can't even make the active roster.  I just have a general distrust in one person being both coach and GM and Wilcox looks like he would get owned in any negotiation. 

Now back to scheduled programming.  

Melo is going to try to score 40 tonight and Derrick Williams is going to be a real problem if he is matched up vs Scott.  I would rather see us sit Thabo for the Charlotte game on Friday than tonight.

Hmmm, that's debatable (messin' witcha).  I hear you on the dual role thing.  I'm not totally sold on Wilcox as a GM.  Doesn't strike me as ... I don't know.  I'm sure he's schmart and all, I just can't see him leading a room (if that makes sense).

Agree we'll have to contend with Williams.  Seems like that typical semi-scrub that comes in and lights us up out of nowhere.  Hopefully he rests on the laurels of his nice game 1 performance.  Not so worried about sMelo.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him sit considering this is a 2nd of a back/2/back for them.