• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Observations vs Hornets

capstone21

• Admin

We got to have more killer instinct and put teams away when the opportunity is there.  

We kept letting the Hornets back into the game

still too many offensive rebounds ... Box out!  Box out!

sloppy d

Baz finally played well.  19 points with 4 three and 9 boards ... Good job ... 

I hate the two point guard lineup.  Didn't work last year...was terrible in Detroit game and wasn't effective tonight

Al was his usual self

double double for Paul

Batum fouled Al during that inbounds play

patterson in at crunch time ... He really has Bud's confidence 

what is up with Lin's hair

Batum had a lot of turnovers but he is going to be good for them

nice d from Thabo

we were up 14 in forth and I switched over for the end of the thunder game (two OT) and came back to see we were up by 2 wtf

nique with the curse again ... This game is over and then Chalotte scores and forces a turnover and has a chance to tie it ... 

Lets take it to them on Sunday!

• Like 2

1. Another all round game by Do-It-All-Paul: 18pts/10rb/4as/2st/2blks

2. Al was active most of the  game, need more than 6 rebs

3. Baze was awesome, under control - had  the game of his life.  9 rebounds,very nice.  He said he borrowed Kyle's  jumper tonight. :laugh:

4. Jeff and Dennis had very similar stat lines

5. Thabo - wow - that defense.  That  one footed swan shot - play of the game (someone  please post)

6.  Lamar - love the kid and  he  has Bud's trust.

7. Did not like the way  we  ended the game, lost  focus.  Denied me seeing  Edy play some seconds  again.

8. Congrats to Bud on winning game #100 (regular season)

CSnR82XWsAAtBjm.jpg

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

still too many offensive rebounds ... Box out!  Box out!

I hate the two point guard lineup.  Didn't work last year...was terrible in Detroit game and wasn't effective tonight

But for some reason, Bud loves it!!:ahf:

I was for the 2 PG lineup but now I don't think so after seeing a full game of it. I think it clogs the lanes because neither of the PGs jumpers are respected. I hope Patterson gets the SG starts from here on as Sefolosha wouldn't be the answer to that.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

I guess that's why he is one of the top coaches in the NBA and I am watching the game from my couch

Mike Smith was considered a top coach at some point in his Falcon career too...And we all know how that ended:ninja:

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Mike Smith was considered a top coach at some point in his Falcon career too...And we all know how that ended:ninja:

we needed the spacing KK brings 

its funny how the ball doesn't seem to be moving as much when they are both in there

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

we needed the spacing KK brings 

its funny how the ball doesn't seem to be moving as much when they are both in there

I said that last year...Plus it hurts on the defensive end if the other team has a strong 2 guard

• Premium Member

So based on the post game story, I take it that Bud is saying Hardaway isn't seeing the floor b/c Patterson's taking those minutes.

Says something really good about Bud that he doesn't play a guy just to prove he was right to obtain him... and simultaneously, sends a pretty definitive message to said player that he's got some serious work yet to do to earn PT... yes, even as it prompts the question, "What was the advantage to not holding on to Oubre again?"

Question for those who saw the game: Boxscore tells me Mack still isn't seeing the floor. Does that mean that Teague and Schröder are getting all of the PG minutes, or is Patterson getting a few PG minutes here and there?

• Like 1

The whole 2 pg lineup is to give dennis a bump in minutes from last yr. What do u want bud to do? Split only the pg minutes in half between the two players? There are only 48 mins at that position and that would be unfair to either guy.

Shots didnt fall for teague today but he was very aggressive despite struggling. As long as they arent shy to take the shots when they present themselves I dont have a problem with them on the floor together.  

They will get comfortable with each other as they get more time together.

• Admin
23 minutes ago, sturt said:

Question for those who saw the game: Boxscore tells me Mack still isn't seeing the floor. Does that mean that Teague and Schröder are getting all of the PG minutes, or is Patterson getting a few PG minutes here and there?

PG minutes split between JT/Dennis.  Patterson has been playing backup 2.

• Like 1

In victory, and a very close one at that, the same problem existed.  The rebounds were

a lesser difference - - - 54 | 45 and the Hawks allowed a lot of three point shots to fall,

12 in all dropped in.  Now, come Sunday afternoon, we go to their house to play.

It has been suggested by some Hawk players that, as a team, whenever they got a nice

lead on an opponent, they began to relax and let the other team back.  This must stop.

Hawks are not that good yet. 

Sunday.  World series game?   Falcons play.  Hawks play.  Wow!  a lot of channel hopping!

:MooseGoggles:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, capstone21 said:

nique with the curse again ... This game is over and then Chalotte scores and forces a turnover and has a chance to tie it ... 

Lets take it to them on Sunday!

It's not a curse if we win.  When Nique gives his "dagger", we win 98% of the time.

In fact, the last time Nique called a game and we lost, was in Orlando last year, when Kyle hit what we all thought was the game winner, only for Tobias Harris to top him.

Other than that, Nique's "daggers" are fatal to the other team.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

It's not a dagger when the other team has the last shot to tie/win the game, but Nique calling a game early is the least of his problems as an analyst. Speaking of the last shot, I found ESPN's title of the highlight video interesting: "Hornets lose to Hawks at the buzzer." It just seems like an odd and slightly disrespectful representation of the game, even if it's technically true. Eh, whatever. 

That was a very mediocre win considering we got an efficient 19/9 from Baze and the Hornets had 20 turnovers. I had a strong urge to turn the game off when both teams started trading 3pt misses. At least we didn't lose like last season. 

1. Baze was good for most of the game on both offense and defense including boards. But, erratic Bazemore returned during the last minutes of the 4th quater when he fouled Batum  -- that was at critical time and easily avoidable foul.

2. Al has to make more effort in getting the rebounds.

3. Splitter weakness of not able to finish the play showed up few times....but he is still plus defender.

4. Love Lamar's game; I predicted in one of the threads that Lamar will get more minutes than Mack and will eventually replace him for roster spot...but didn't expect he will get more time than anyone on bench (except Schröder). He is still hesitant shooting the ball...most of the time he passes the ball even when he could easily take the shot.....it may be by design. Lamar's defensive play will crucial during playoffs.

5. Thabo did on defensive end what Thabo usually does.

6. Our strongest position is PG...we never miss a beat.

7. Millsap pretty much does everything -- 3 points shooting, rebounds, blocks, steals, assists, drives to the basket, boxes out etc. etc.  When he drives to basket sometime it feels like he does not have good control and causes turnover. But, overall his game is always a huge plus.

Edited by Canopy

Both PG's played average on offense at best, but like the TV announcer and Nique said, it panned out relating making the game to fast for Al Jefferson(5-15).  Also Kemba(5-15), Hairston(1-5) and Lin(2-8) struggled against our PG backcourt. Who made those Bobcats points anyway?

Mostly awful shots that were made by Jeremy Lamb got Charlotte back in the game the first time. The 2nd time was just bad and lax perimeter defense. However if the wanted timeout was granted before Bazemore's erratic play that caused a turnover and led to a Lin 3 I don't know if whether it gets as too close for comfort as it did.

Edited by Lurker

1. Marvin's still a bum.

2. I won't knock Al's three attempts again, his stroke game is strong....

3. I'm a Dennis Stan so I can call him out for teams learning his tendencies, haphazard passes, and poor body language at times.  With that said I totally agree with Bud allowing him to take his lumps while not changing his isolation style.  He's arguably our most talented player: as long as he keeps defenses honest with the jumper and maintains defensive pressure I don't think Bud cares what he does in his pursuits to the hole.

4. Baze is happily proving me wrong.  He can have all the minutes he wants as long as his confidence is brimming on that corner three.

5. Splitter will drive a couple dribbles from the perimeter, turn to post, and drop a dime.  You're like "hell yeah!"  Next play him and his soft-as-baby-bottom hook shot is muscled out of the paint like he weighs 100 pounds and you're like "WTF". 

6. Analysts in the NBA are truly imbeciles if you don't recognize how good a team that can purposely sit their best defender and shooter on back-to-back nights and still win is.  Thabo better be on the defensive second team; he can immediately turn the tide defensively in our favor as soon as he enters.  I'm not sure if he isn't on par or ahead of Tony Allen in that respect.

7. Lamar just looks comfortable with the squad, which is pretty amazing.  

Around the Association:

I see you Detroit.  

After Steph outclassed Harden in every way and Barnes baptized Howard, can the Rockets please shut up?

The media can shut up about the Heat too.

Let's Go.  Hopefully with everyone dressed I can preserve my nerves Sunday afternoon.