• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Observations vs Nets

capstone21

• Admin

Started great and then went into an ISO game

when we stop the ball movement then other teams get back in it.  If we can just keep the ball movement up and defensive intensity all game we would be blowing teams out.  Always go into a lull

That second quarter and start of third was so sloppy.

this team never panics ... We give up leads but calmly get it back.  Playing smart has really helped us in the 4 th this season

we play better when JT and Dennis are not on court together

their games are to similar ... And they interfere with each other ... Both are penetrators and who need the ball.  It's better when they are subbing for each other

another solid all around game from Al

paul as well but he has really been struggling from the free throw line

splitter gets blocked a lot but that is due to his 5 inch vertical ... He is very crafty down low

4 blocks from holiday .... I wonder what happened that allowed him to take Patterson's spot so quickly but he has been very solid in his two games

Another quality game from Baz ... Solid d and he has quietly become a good 3 pt shooter

Dennis was making very poor decisions and taking many bad shots in the first half ... A lot of turnovers and ISO from him really hurt us.  He was still looking for his shot in the second half but it started dropping.  I want to see more playmaking and looking to getting others involved instead of passing as a secondary to getting his own

We got killed on the boards again.  14 to 6 offensive.

Lopez was in beast mode ... I don't know why they stopped going to him

i remember when Shane Larkin was a good college player ... He played like a dleaguer tonight and Jeff took advantage 

joe is looking old and slow

i remember when this team destroyed their future getting Paula, Joe, Deron and KG .... Billy King worst GM in history

TO just beat OKC in OKC ... Wow 

lets keep the Hawwwwwks wins going!

• Like 4

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

we play better when JT and Dennis are not on court together

This is the take home message of the post game summary.   Plus Mack doesn't deserve non garbage time minutes over Holiday or Patterson..  What has Edy done to Bud to be this Buried on the Bench with Guys like Muscala and Scott Seeing time  without much production?

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is the take home message of the post game summary.   Plus Mack doesn't deserve non garbage time minutes over Holiday or Patterson..  What has Edy done to Bud to be this Buried on the Bench with Guys like Muscala and Scott Seeing time  without much production?

I think Mack is rusty but while JT and Dennis are healthy ... I agree that he doesn't need to play

i actually think Scott has been playing well ... He really has turned into a really good and willing passer ... His d has improved and he moves well without the ball 

moose has been hurt or he probably would have had Scotts minutes

Edy should probably be sent down to the dleague to get some experience and some burn as well as to build  some confidence .   Maybe Hardaway should go down too.  Get some pt and its Better then just sitting on the bench wearing a suit.

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, capstone21 said:
2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

i actually think Scott has been playing well ... He really has turned into a really good and willing passer ... His d has improved and he moves well without the ball

Scott's per is 5.75 this year

For the record: The 2 PG lineup isn’t great, however if Korver is sitting on back to backs, the thing is any of Atlanta’s options to start instead of him is going to kill the spacing just like the 2 PG lineup unless Patterson starts. Sefolosha and Holiday’s jumpers aren’t going to be respected.

That’s not taking away from how Holiday played tonight. Didn’t score much but he had 4 blocks so he was very active on defense.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, capstone21 said:
2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

For the record: The 2 PG lineup isn’t great, however if Korver is sitting on back to backs, the thing is any of Atlanta’s options to start instead of him is going to kill the spacing just like the 2 PG lineup unless Patterson starts. Sefolosha and Holiday’s jumpers aren’t going to be respected.

That’s not taking away from how Holiday played tonight. Didn’t score much but he had 4 blocks so he was very active on defense.

Dennis can't shoot either so why not add more defense by starting Bazemore @ the 2 and Thabo at the 3. or Milsap at the 3 and Splitter at center?  Or just start Patterson if you want to stay small and get killed on the boards.  Plenty of options over Teague @ 2 guard

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Dennis can't shoot either so why not add more defense by starting Bazemore @ the 2 and Thabo at the 3. or Milsap at the 3 and Splitter at center?  Or just start Patterson if you want to stay small and get killed on the boards.  Plenty of options over Teague @ 2 guard

Splitter isn't playing full minutes if he starts, just 18-21 minutes.

Sefolosha apparently wouldn't either.

I would say over half the crowd showed up after 8 and only 70% of the seats were full, at most.

Harry, the cheerleaders, Sir Foster and a video tried to hype up the crowd and get them to chant ATL, at the break between the 3rd and 4th, when the Hawks were up 2 and you barely heard a peep.  Harry came out with the t-shirt gun late in the fourth, when the game was under control, and the crowd went nuts.  Atlanta fans SUCK. 

The trio of thabo, Bazemore and Holiday is probably the best defensive trio of wings in the nba. 

Teague straight owned the beginning of the 4th quarter. Forced Nets defenders in to 4 quick fouls, scored like 8 points and had a few nice assists.

I thought Splitter played better than his and Lopez box scores would suggest.  He did a great job of containing Lopez in the first half before Lopez went on a tear in the 3rd quarter but the refs did him no favors.

I can't wait to see how good we can be once Korver gets his legs under him. A knockdown 3 pt shooter is the glaring missing piece right now.  A heathy Korver will also mean less of Teague/Dennis together. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JETSET said:

I would say over half the crowd showed up after 8 and only 70% of the seats were full, at most.

Harry, the cheerleaders, Sir Foster and a video tried to hype up the crowd and get them to chant ATL, at the break between the 3rd and 4th, when the Hawks were up 2 and you barely heard a peep.  Harry came out with the t-shirt gun late in the fourth, when the game was under control, and the crowd went nuts.  Atlanta fans SUCK. 

The trio of thabo, Bazemore and Holiday is probably the best defensive trio of wings in the nba. 

Teague straight owned the beginning of the 4th quarter. Forced Nets defenders in to 4 quick fouls, scored like 8 points and had a few nice assists.

I thought Splitter played better than his and Lopez box scores would suggest.  He did a great job of containing Lopez in the first half before Lopez went on a tear in the 3rd quarter but the refs did him no favors.

I can't wait to see how good we can be once Korver gets his legs under him. A knockdown 3 pt shooter is the glaring missing piece right now.  A heathy Korver will also mean less of Teague/Dennis together. 

The Atlanta crowd is basically like a WWE crowd.

Yeah, the crowd looked bad...They will probably improve as the season goes along, but the sell outs from last year appear to be a temporary thing and not a trend that will carry over to this year.

DEFENSE!!  What happened when the Hawks player real, pressure defense last night?

Just watch the beginning of the fourth quarter for your answer.

Edy apparently is caught between a rock and a hard place.  He is not allowed to play because

he hasn't learned how to play without fouling and he can't learn to play without fouling because

he doesn't get to play.  There.  Go figure that one out.

• Moderators

Well i spent yesterday bashing Lopez but the dude can score and if they were smart enough to run the offense through him they might have had a chance.   Instead Jack, Joe, Young all want to get theirs.   

Does this look familiar to anyone?   Hawks just win.  Just like last year.    Teague just keeps getting better.   Splitter is really a great addition.   

What about that fall Thabo took?  He came close to catching his foot and totally getting messed up.    

• Admin
48 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What about that fall Thabo took?  He came close to catching his foot and totally getting messed up.    

Yeah, when i saw it in slow motion I was thinking he was so lucky ... same with the hit on Milsap by Wade ... if you watch it in slow motion he lands on his leg and quickly roles away from it before he could do damage.