• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When Will the Media Have the Nuts to Question Bud?!

LastDon

I'm sick of Bud! He is a descent little coach with a system but he sucks ass at talent evaluation!! Intially it was some sick obsession with Cartier Martin..Now its his freaky infatuation with second round picks?! We never gave Adreian Payne a chance because of Bud's man crush for 3 point shooting stick man 2nd round pick Mike Muscala..And Wtf did we draft AP when we had a huge hole on the wing and could have drafted Rodney Hood??? When u think about the unwarranted minutes for Pero Antić,it make me wanna puke and piss on myself..Then this summer 6'7 GRob3 dominates summer league and Bud and Co were too f***in cheap to guarantee him a contract and sort things out later..smh..All this for Lamar f***in Patterson another 2nd round pick who goes scoreless for 5 straight games?! Then Bud rants and Raves about Patterson while a proven prospect in Tim Jr Rots on the Bench?! A guy who had over 40 games last season with 15 points or more..We gave up the 15 pick in the draft for  an Inactive Tim, passed on Kelly Oubre..Bud is mortgaging our future and presently f***in the team up in the process..This summer in Free Agency Bud Wastes 7 mil in Valuable cap space on an over paid  non athletic player who can't jump 2 inches off the ground..Which is fine when u consider that Eddy was an unknown.. But when the preseason revealed that Eddy could be a contributer its no since in him not playing at all..Let me stop cause I can go on and on about Bud..Its jus upsetting that the local media remains silent about things..P.S. Why is 37 yr old Kyle Korver starting at the 2 when even Kobe is incapable at this point in doing so..Need I  say more..SMH

Edited by LastDon
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Wow.  I disagree with so much of this I don't know where to start.  I wasn't a fan of some of these moves but Bud has earned some rope from me.  He has been outstanding in Atlanta.  So glad Ferry hired him before inserting foot into mouth.  

Let me just say big picture that he was the one who nailed Kawhi Leonard for the Spurs and now he has been pulling the strings in Atlanta for exactly one year.  

• Like 3

Yeah. Players only can be evaluated by draft position and old stats. Who evaluates players by working with them every day must be an idiot. Also trying different things to find out which player fits in which situation is nonsense...

OMG, we're 8-4!!!!!  Grab your pitchforks let's go outside Philips and start showing Bud who the real Boss is!  We should be 12-0 right now, no excuses.  I'm freaking out man!!!!!!

frEeiE7.gif

You guys are like the Raptors fans who were sooooo excited to start the season 5-0.  Calm down, take your meds whatever you need but it's a long season.  Not saying we don't need to think about some changes here and there but take a lesson from Aaron Rodgers and R-E-L-A-X.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RamblinCharger said:

Somebody wrote this after too many drinks...

Or not enough of them.

I'm just pissed he left out the DUI arrest.  Had he added that I would've given him a 'like' just for completeness.

Actually a lot of valid points in there save for poor paragraph structure and making Kyle 3 years older. 

I'm not upset with any of this as remotely as much as he appears to be (or as much as I am at Al shooting a pile of threes), but I can empathize with someone questioning Bud, who is sort of a darling here.  

I don't feel due diligence has been done to fill the wings, but there's a long time till the deadline.  I'm a country mile from panic and I'm one of the main ones who exalt Bud, but I can't sit here and lie like I'm okay with 3 losses to teams we had little trouble with last year (besides Boston before the break) and were favored to beat before tip-off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

OMG, we're 8-4!!!!!  Grab your pitchforks let's go outside Philips and start showing Bud who the real Boss is!  We should be 12-0 right now, no excuses.  I'm freaking out man!!!!!!

frEeiE7.gif

You guys are like the Raptors fans who were sooooo excited to start the season 5-0.  Calm down, take your meds whatever you need but it's a long season.  Not saying we don't need to think about some changes here and there but take a lesson from Aaron Rodgers and R-E-L-A-X.

They've lost 3 out of 4 and 3 of those 4 losses came at home.

Not to mention that they have yet to even play any top teams.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think people forget what it was like before Bud got here.  We were a punchline in the nba.  In three years we've gone from a team that could barely get out of the first round in the eastern conference playoffs to a top 5 team in the league and the eastern conference finals.  Now people are dissatisfied with 60 win seasons and 8-4 starts.  That's exactly what you call a culture change.   I'm sure Bud is more than happy that people are dissatisfied with the ECF last year and our play this year.  It means we believe that we can be contenders.      If ever someone earned some leeway it's Bud.   

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Actually a lot of valid points in there save for poor paragraph structure and making Kyle 3 years older. 

I'm not upset with any of this as remotely as much as he appears to be (or as much as I am at Al shooting a pile of threes), but I can empathize with someone questioning Bud, who is sort of a darling here.  

I don't feel due diligence has been done to fill the wings, but there's a long time till the deadline.  I'm a country mile from panic and I'm one of the main ones who exalt Bud, but I can't sit here and lie like I'm okay with 3 losses to teams we had little trouble with last year (besides Boston before the break) and were favored to beat before tip-off.

Maybe you should be proofreader for @LastDon

What you said actually makes logical sense, which maybe you could find in his post while trying to decipher through all of the ranting and expletives thrown around.  I'm slightly concerned at the moment, but not worried by any means.  We have plenty of time to gel better, get healthier, and maybe make some moves if things still aren't looking good by the All-Star break.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I think people forget what it was like before Bud got here.  We were a punchline in the nba.  In three years we've gone from a team that could barely get out of the first round in the eastern conference playoffs to a top 5 team in the league and the eastern conference finals.  Now people are dissatisfied with 60 win seasons and 8-4 starts.  That's exactly what you call a culture change.   I'm sure Bud is more than happy that people are dissatisfied with the ECF last year and our play this year.  It means we believe that we can be contenders.      If ever someone earned some leeway it's Bud.   

Opinion of this franchise has barely changed... While they were seemingly making some progress it turns out that getting swept by Cleveland  has just made people look at the Hawks the same way they did before.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

2 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

They've lost 3 out of 4 and 3 of those 4 losses came at home.

Not to mention that they have yet to even play any top teams.

I think it's just one of those moments that happens during a season where maybe they need a good practice or someone to light into them to get them back on track.

Seems like every season there's a dip and they do a "players only meeting" or some crap and try and bounce back.  I'm curious to see how the next week of games plays out because they need to start creating a sense of urgency if they want to stay in the top of the east.

Last 10 Games    FG    3PT    FT    Reb.    Misc
Date    Opp.    Score    Min    FGM    FGA    FG%    3PM    3PA    3PT%    FTM    FTA    FT%    Off    Def    Reb    Ast    TO    Stl    Blk    PF    Pts
Nov 12    GS    L 116-129    1:11    0    0    0.0    0    0    0.0    0    0    0.0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
Nov 10    CHA    L 95-104    20:07    4    5    80.0    2    2    100.0    0    0    0.0    1    4    5    2    2    1    0    2    10
Nov 7    @CHI    W 102-93    3:59    1    2    50.0    0    0    0.0    0    0    0.0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    3    2
Nov 5    MIA    L 84-96    13:02    3    4    75.0    1    1    100.0    2    2    100.0    1    5    6    1    2    0    1    5    9
Oct 28    @LAL    W 112-111    3:47    0    1    0.0    0    0    0.0    0    0    0.0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    

Yeah AP is the answer.  An wth does Korver being white have to do with it?

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, AUhawksfan said:

I think it's just one of those moments that happens during a season where maybe they need a good practice or someone to light into them to get them back on track.

Seems like every season there's a dip and they do a "players only meeting" or some crap and try and bounce back.  I'm curious to see how the next week of games plays out because they need to start creating a sense of urgency if they want to stay in the top of the east.

Right.  And film session we know are a key tool for this staff.   we've had a game and/or travel every other day for about a month now.    We've lost 3 of 4 and are 3rd in the east.  An east with only 2 crappy teams in it and 11 teams at .500 or better.   It's early but it shows that there is some better competition out there than last year but we are still sitting near the top.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The price tag on the sale begs to differ.  That price would have been laughed at just 2-3 years ago.  

You can thank the new TV deal for that one.

If opinions had changed, the media wouldn't have predicted the Hawks to take a big step back and you may actually see the Hawks logo while traveling in the city and state.