Where is Hardaway?

Hawkmoor

He isn't playing because he's not good enough.  If he were he would have gotten some run in those games the Hawks were down some wing players.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Bud has said that's due to the "high competition that they have for wings".  Basically, Hardaway has too many better players ahead of him... But Hardaway vs. Holiday, IDK. I'd take Hardaway.

Hard to say since Bud thinks Patterson and Holliday are better options so far.  Now Bud is starting Holiday tonight.

Chris Vivlamore        ✔ @CVivlamoreAJC

Tim Hardaway Jr. before game: "When my time comes, I'll be ready."

Still leaves the entire Squawk wondering when that'll be.

11 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Bud has said that's due to the "high competition that they have for wings".  Basically, Hardaway has too many better players ahead of him... But Hardaway vs. Holiday, IDK. I'd take Hardaway.

This reminds me of when Bud said that we didn't need anymore big men depth because we had Pero and Moose... A deep front court.

Yeah, right...

• Like 2

• Premium Member

He's busy going down as one of the worst trades ever in team history. We gave up the 15th pick on a draft for a guy whose played as much as I have this season. They won't even send him to the D league to at least get some kind of playing time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He's busy going down as one of the worst trades ever in team history. We gave up the 15th pick on a draft for a guy whose played as much as I have this season. They won't even send him to the D league to at least get some kind of playing time.

Not even close to truth.....

Nique for Danny.

16 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

But didn't bud know that when HE put this squad together this off season?  The danger the hawks are running is giving a unproven GM ( bud) the reigns on this team. His coaching system can't be questioned, but his personnel moves both on the court ( rotations) and off the court leave u scratching your head. Maybe he can't do it all like popovich in San Antonio.

Edited by Hawkmoor

57 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Yeah. I mean why give anything some time?

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Isn't that the exact same rationale for why Payne wasn't playing before we flushed him down the commode?  

“The reality (of the trade is) the depth of our bigs and having multiple young bigs that we feel strongly about and managing how those young bigs can have opportunities and emerge,” Budenholzer said.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Isn't that the exact same rationale for why Payne wasn't playing before we flushed him down the commode?  

uuuuhhhh....NO, not even close.  There were established players ahead of him in Millsap, Scott and Moose. 

The competition is between Holiday, Patterson and THJr.

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

But didn't bud know that when HE put this squad together this off season?  The danger the hawks are running is giving a unproven GM ( bud) the reigns on this team. His coaching system can't be questioned, but his personnel moves both on the court ( rotations) and off the court leave u scratching your head. Maybe he can't do it all like popovich in San Antonio.

How would he know how the competition amongst those guys would play out until they got to training camp.  Bud's now psychic? Ok then.  1st the Draft, then free agency,  then camp.

While I think Atlanta will end up looking YET AGAIN for a young wing player next summer, if Sam Dekker busts, IMHO there was NO good options from 15 and beyond on the wing. The reality is I think they maybe should have tried to trade up for one of the three best options on the wing.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

While I think Atlanta will end up looking YET AGAIN for a young wing player next summer, if Sam Dekker busts, IMHO there was NO good options from 15 and beyond on the wing. The reality is I think they maybe should have tried to trade up for one of the three best options on the wing.

Sam Dekker is having back surgery, done for season.