• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Go get Josh Smith...........

Hawkmoor

7 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

He cant be traded until December 15.  The clippers want him gone YESTERDAY. I say gamble and trade Scott for him straight up. I like Scott, but Bud doesnt. If Smith can come off the bench and create shots for others and rebound like he did in the playoffs for Houston last year, its worth a small gamble to bring him back. Scott's jumper isnt consistent, so its not like the Hawks would be giving up any scoring. At this point, DO SOMETHING. We all know what Smith can bring when he is not looking to shoot the 3 pointer. He can block shots, get steals, all the things that Scott cannot do.

The Clippers would have to throw somebody else in there to make the salaries work. 

Harden-assist.gif

dunktime.gif

save.gif

They already have him... His name is Dennis Schröder.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, DocWilkins said:

This ultimately would be a very poor SMOOOOOVE on the Hawks part. Friends don't let friends do Mid-Range Shawty....

I just got a mental image of Smoove stopping Horf from shooting a three... and criticizing him for being outside to begin with.

IRONY!

vor 9 Stunden, Jody23 sagte:

No.  The Hawks need to be looking at what they can do to help this team be great in the long run.  They should avoid trying to put these quick fix band aids on this sinking ship.  In the case of Josh Smith, he would poke more holes in the ship than anything else.  Stay away from him.

Im not a fan of Josh Smith in the current ATL situation, but THJ, Holiday and Patterson are those "long run" ideas. When gambling, I'd rather see Lance coming in with a chip on his shoulder. Indiana Lance would do wonders on so many bases where this team lacks. And he's still young and been in bad situations. But surely he's a risk. But thats also why you could get him at all.

• Admin
36 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Im not a fan of Josh Smith in the current ATL situation, but THJ, Holiday and Patterson are those "long run" ideas. When gambling, I'd rather see Lance coming in with a chip on his shoulder. Indiana Lance would do wonders on so many bases where this team lacks. And he's still young and been in bad situations. But surely he's a risk. But thats also why you could get him at all.

He hasn't been Indiana Lance since well he left Indiana

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagahahahahgahshahahah...................whew!

Thanks man. My thumbs were getting cramped from laughing so hard.

vor 13 Stunden, capstone21 sagte:

He hasn't been Indiana Lance since well he left Indiana

He wasnt a good fit with Walker and Jefferson.  And the Clippers organisation is just a joke really. Nvm the city and that situation being benched. In Indiana he had a countryboy mentality around him and Larry Bird. I think Bud & Co could bring him back to life when of course all kinds of variables come in to fruition. I would talk and be frank with Lance and see how he feels about our demands.

1 hour ago, DS17Fanboy said:

He wasnt a good fit with Walker and Jefferson.  And the Clippers organisation is just a joke really. Nvm the city and that situation being benched. In Indiana he had a countryboy mentality around him and Larry Bird. I think Bud & Co could bring him back to life when of course all kinds of variables come in to fruition. I would talk and be frank with Lance and see how he feels about our demands.

He has a horrible IQ and is a complete fundamental wasteland. Just like Josh Smith.

No to both ideas.

On 12/14/2015, 8:05:06, Hawkmoor said:

He cant be traded until December 15.  The clippers want him gone YESTERDAY. I say gamble and trade Scott for him straight up. I like Scott, but Bud doesnt. If Smith can come off the bench and create shots for others and rebound like he did in the playoffs for Houston last year, its worth a small gamble to bring him back. Scott's jumper isnt consistent, so its not like the Hawks would be giving up any scoring. At this point, DO SOMETHING. We all know what Smith can bring when he is not looking to shoot the 3 pointer. He can block shots, get steals, all the things that Scott cannot do.

The Clippers would have to throw somebody else in there to make the salaries work. 

Harden-assist.gif

dunktime.gif

save.gif

Hawks don't need Smith when they got Millsap. It would be kind of awkward seeing Smith come off the bench in ATL. I wonder how good ATL would be offensively if they had a big off the bench who got a legit 3 point shot so they could play lineups with the shooters, him and Millsap at the 5.