• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud: It's fair for people to second guess Hardaway deal

Canopy

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

At some point he has to put him out there to see.   Unless it's already decided it's a total bust of a move.   If not then I'd rather have him out there in december and january than March.   

Same here. The system shouldn't be that hard for him to understand, Mike Scott playing.

The Hawks got me thinking that drafting players is something they HAVE to do. Its not a tool for building with them..........Im NOT being sarcastic. I thought this even under Danny Ferry. They would draft somebody and send them to Iceland and you never hear from them again, while San Antonio would take that same pick and make a allstar..

kawhidunk.gif

e48yos.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

At some point he has to put him out there to see.   Unless it's already decided it's a total bust of a move.   If not then I'd rather have him out there in december and january than March.   

Fact that Patterson who plays the same position is getting more minutes speaks of confidence coaches have on Hardaway. It's the same treatment that Jenkins got because he couldn't play defense.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Canopy said:

Fact that Patterson who plays the same position is getting more minutes speaks of confidence coaches have on Hardaway. It's the same treatment that Jenkins got because he couldn't play defense.

Agreed.  Bud is damning him with faint praise in interviews.  Bud's actions speak louder than his words.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Hawks got me thinking that drafting players is something they HAVE to do. Its not a tool for building with them..........Im NOT being sarcastic. I thought this even under Danny Ferry. They would draft somebody and send them to Iceland and you never hear from them again, while San Antonio would take that same pick and make a allstar..

kawhidunk.gif

e48yos.gif

I'm assuming you realize San Antonio didn't draft Kawhi. And that it was Bud who had to convince Pop to trade his favorite player, George Hill, for Leonard. So Kawhi is a Spur only because Bud relentlessly pursued him. Pop has said so. Look it up...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hazer said:

I'm assuming you realize San Antonio didn't draft Kawhi. And that it was Bud who had to convince Pop to trade his favorite player, George Hill, for Leonard. So Kawhi is a Spur only because Bud relentlessly pursued him. Pop has said so. Look it up...

Then he has NO excuse for the hardaway fiasco.....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I'm curious how much of what he's saying is true or if he's just trying to make Hardaway look good to another team without having to really showcase him like he did with Payne.

He pretty much just gave Payne away for free. Because we wont a first round pick from Minny, unless they make the playoffs. SMH

7 hours ago, pimp said:

He pretty much just gave Payne away for free. Because we wont a first round pick from Minny, unless they make the playoffs. SMH

I think we have from 2017-2020 to get the 1st round pick. If Minny doesn't make the playoffs by that time then their drafting has been a big fail and Wiggins, Towns etc would have amounted to big fat zeros.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think we have from 2017-2020 to get the 1st round pick. If Minny doesn't make the playoffs by that time then their drafting has been a big fail and Wiggins, Towns etc would have amounted to big fat zeros.

When @Sothron reads this it'll ruin his Christmas.  Good thing you didn't @mention him (hehe).

You're right though.  If they don't make it by then it'll be a huge failing.  That said, they're only 2 games off the 8-spot right now.  If the West's current struggles are indicative of the near-future, MIN should be a playoff team in short order.

• Premium Member
On 12/24/2015 at 8:26 AM, kg01 said:

When @Sothron reads this it'll ruin his Christmas.  Good thing you didn't @mention him (hehe).

You're right though.  If they don't make it by then it'll be a huge failing.  That said, they're only 2 games off the 8-spot right now.  If the West's current struggles are indicative of the near-future, MIN should be a playoff team in short order.

Minn will make the playoffs either this season or next. Their future is better than ours, no question.

http://nypost.com/2015/12/27/tim-hardaway-jr-adjusting-to-life-without-playing-time/

Tim Hardaway Jr. adjusting to life without playing time

Tim Hardaway Jr. was a first-team All-Rookie selection two years ago. The former Knicks first-round pick still managed to average double figures off the bench last season despite a bit of a sophomore malaise as he adjusted to the triangle offense.

Even with what was a frosty relationship with coach Derek Fisher, those times seem prosperous compared to what Hardaway is going through now. The former Michigan star with the famous father has played in four games for the Hawks since June’s draft-night trade with the Knicks for Jerian Grant.

Hardaway, who did not play for the Hawks in their 117-98 blowout win over the Knicks on Saturday night, never wanted to leave after he cobbled together two promising seasons as a bench sniper. The Knicks will play the Hawks three times in nine days, and he may be inactive for all of them.

“Everybody thinks about that,’’ Hardaway said. “Everybody wants to stay with the team they got drafted with. A lot of times, it doesn’t work that way. You got to move on and build a new legacy somewhere else. The passion you bring, you have to take to that team you’re with.

“They brought me here for a reason. They know what I can do. I’m here for a reason.’’

The Hawks, who were the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference last season, are built on defense and Spurs-like ball movement. Hardaway has yet to crack Atlanta coach Mike Budenholzer’s code. But the Hawks gave up a significant asset to get him so they hardly are giving up on Hardaway. The coaching staff is thrilled with how he is handling the demotion.

“He’s been very good, very impressed, very pleased with his work behind the scenes that nobody sees, working on in the weight room, conditioning, shooting, everything,’’ said Budenholzer, the 2015 NBA Coach of the Year. “I can promise you he’s doing well and in a good place. His approach to it has been very professional. There’s a real emphasis here on player development. We’ve seen guys come in, not start out as gangbusters. Through work and effort, they find a way. I would say he’s following that path.’’

He probably won’t play but Hardaway, who suffered through a two-game stint in the D-League with Canton, will chip in his wisdom for the three Knicks games.

“I’ll be on the bench calling out their plays before they even call it out,’’ Hardaway said.

Selected 24th in the 2013 draft by the Knicks, Hardaway has one guaranteed year left on his rookie contract. His father, Tim Hardaway, is a Pistons assistant and recently was re-nominated for the Hall of Fame.

“He’s still my father, even with a different team,’’ Hardaway Jr. said. “He’s been in this situation a few times. Any questions or concerns, he’s a phone call away. It’s the luxury I have.’’

• Like 1

On 12/27/2015 at 0:28 AM, Sothron said:

Minn will make the playoffs either this season or next. Their future is better than ours, no question.

Eh .... they still have some proving to do.

On 12/27/2015 at 0:11 AM, NBASupes said:

Oubre is already better

Stop it.