• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud: It's fair for people to second guess Hardaway deal

Canopy

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Carmine said:

Oubre has been looking good the more minutes he's gotten. In 4 games as a starter, he has an ORtg of 145 and a TS% of .800.

The trade is looking worse by the minute. We should've just kept Oubre, or drafted Portis if we didn't like Oubre. But we went into the Draft KNOWING we needed an SF.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AHF said:

http://bkref.com/tiny/zugRV

So far all Oubre (age 20) over THJr (age  23) but the sample size is small.

I'm sure THJ has had a decent 4 or 5 game stretch in his career. The comparison doesn't mean anything at this point. I am surprised to see Oubre contributing this early, though, even if it's on the back of some likely unsustainable shooting. 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, High5 said:

I'm sure THJ has had a decent 4 or 5 game stretch in his career. The comparison doesn't mean anything at this point. I am surprised to see Oubre contributing this early, though, even if it's on the back of some likely unsustainable shooting. 

I would agree with that if both were rookies.  We only have 2 seasons of control of THJr versus 4 years of control for a rookie.  We've now wasted almost 1/4 of that time waiting for THJr to play.  He has to be more productive in the short term than a rookie so it is meaningful that he is giving nothing.

Ok, I'm officially on board with being pissed about the trade.  Watching Korver floundering out there and Patterson d-league'n it up half the night pushed me over the edge.  There's literally no way THJr is so bad that he couldn't have come into last night's game and given the team something resembling a competent 2guard.

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying anything about him needing to learn or get acclimated or how 'we've loved everything he's doing out there but he ain't playin' nonsense.

This is basketball not freakin' nuclear rocket surgery.  Play the dude or trade him.  This is beyond ridiculous.

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ok, I'm officially on board with being pissed about the trade.  Watching Korver floundering out there and Patterson d-league'n it up half the night pushed me over the edge.  There's literally no way THJr is so bad that he couldn't have come into last night's game and given the team something resembling a competent 2guard.

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying anything about him needing to learn or get acclimated or how 'we've loved everything he's doing out there but he ain't playin' nonsense.

This is basketball not freakin' nuclear rocket surgery.  Play the dude or trade him.  This is beyond ridiculous.

Remember that the Knicks expected a second rounder for him before we stepped up.  Where do you think his trade value sits today?  Probably in a range where Bud feels like hoping the switch flips and saves him from embarrassment is better than that second rounder.

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

Remember that the Knicks expected a second rounder for him before we stepped up.  Where do you think his trade value sits today?  Probably in a range where Bud feels like hoping the switch flips and saves him from embarrassment is better than that second rounder.

Disturbed

At this point, we risk nothing by just playing the dude.  I mean, did Budz see Korver last night?

• Premium Member

I told people Korver was not going to stay on that level from last year. Korver needs to be a sixth man at this stage in his career if not further down the totem pole for minutes. We got NOTHING for the 15th pick in the draft. Unreal. I'm glad to see even the most foolishly optimistic people on this board are finally coming around on this. DNP-CD is a joke. How bad can he possibly be to not even PLAY?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

I told people Korver was not going to stay on that level from last year. Korver needs to be a sixth man at this stage in his career if not further down the totem pole for minutes. We got NOTHING for the 15th pick in the draft. Unreal. I'm glad to see even the most foolishly optimistic people on this board are finally coming around on this. DNP-CD is a joke. How bad can he possibly be to not even PLAY?

Bud could atleast keep him on a short leash like he does with Mike Scott. Scott is a horrible defender and got a low basketball IQ.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, High5 said:

30 points on a 11-17 shooting (6-11 from 3). We got the home and home with the Knicks coming up next. That would be an interesting time to unleash THJ for better or for worse. It makes sense with Korver looking like he needs a break.

Finally.  We couldn't be needing him more.  Bring it to the NBA, THJ!