• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is the Hawks Biggest Priority?

Diesel

What is the Hawks biggest priority?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Cleveland's front line doesnt have range.........

Sigh, this is why I continue to say that solving the rebounding issue is not going to change much unless you get a talented wing player. The Korver situation needs to be fixed first.

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They have LeBron and Kevin Love does have range. 

we talking centers.............there are centers that rebound and block shots, the skillset that rodman brought to the table. lebron and love can MISS, and thompson and mosgov scoop up the rebounds. THATS the difference......

Edited by Hawkmoor

28 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Sigh, this is why I continue to say that solving the rebounding issue is not going to change much unless you get a talented wing player. The Korver situation needs to be fixed first.

rebounds are POSSESSIONS............

" i feel all great teams have two things in common, defense and rebounding. So, we stress defense and rebounding everyday as the most important aspects in the game to win. " LARRY BROWN

Brown.jpg

" the first shot does not beat you "  CHUCK DALY

16.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

rebounds are POSSESSIONS............

ATL would be getting extra possessions and still failing to score with how things have been this season.

Do you think this is accomplishing anything:

Player A misses three point jumper. Player C offensive rebound.

Player C misses putback. Player D offensive rebound.

Player B misses three point jumper. Player C offensive rebound.

Player D misses layup.

Because this is what ATL would be 9 times out of 10. They can't shoot at all.

Did anybody foolishly think we would get production from Splitter?  I recognize he knows the system on both ends and it does pay dividends.  But was expecting 8 and 8 from him that far off base?  

His points and rebounds are lower than Pero's 2 year average of 6.3 and 3.5, strength and toughness level isn't even comparable.  At 5.6 and 3.3 I almost had to do a double take and make sure I was reading the columns right.  Those sound like our second round rookie guard's numbers, not a f&@kin former NBA champion who started next to Timmy.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Did anybody foolishly think we would get production from Splitter?  I recognize he knows the system on both ends and it does pay dividends.  But was expecting 8 and 8 from him that far off base?  

His points and rebounds are lower than Pero's 2 year average of 6.3 and 3.5, strength and toughness level isn't even comparable.  At 5.6 and 3.3 I almost had to do a double take and make sure I was reading the columns right.  Those sound like our second round rookie guard's numbers, not a f&@kin former NBA champion who started next to Timmy.

whats troubling is, if splitter gonna average THAT, why not put tavares into the rotation and let him learn on the fly? sitting on the bench aint gonna do nothing for him.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Hawks are 15 - 8 with Splitter in the lineup.  5 - 5 without.

• Like 2

Teamwork!  Hit those free throws.  Defense intensity.  Quit playing "hot potato" with the ball while

the clock runs out.  Give Edy a minute or so every game.  Add to his time as we progress later into

the season.  Defend the three.  Hope that the Cavs stump their toe every game!

:aggressive:

• Like 1

A legit argument can be made that if Splitter is out it totally breaks the Hawks bench. Because Mike Scott is completely unplayable if you don't play him with two great defenders. Same with Sefolosha, if he is out the Hawks bench is broken because you then cannot play who is apparently a very important player.

The best lineups for ATL when they went to set lineups with no change in them were to go with some combinations of Schröder and Millsap with Bazemore, Sefolosha, Scott, and Splitter and let Schröder and Scott destroy benches (alongside with Schröder also being a very good defender).

56 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hawks are 15 - 8 with Splitter in the lineup.  5 - 5 without.

Nice digging, I try not to question science and mathematics too tough.  I recognize his impact, just hard to watch sometimes.  I was a big Pero fan in the face of widespread criticism so the shoe is on the other foot now.  

Tell the truth though, Splitter pump fakes twice if there's a black guy near him, doesn't even have to be a Big.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Every week, I see where Zaza has gotten better?

He may not have been the walking double double that he is in Dallas here... but Zaza we know.  He broguht a grit to him that this team needs.   With no DMCthealltymegreat we miss that gritty player.

• Like 4

After my last post here, I feel like a Banty rooster, ready to crow!

Edy not only made a token appearance, he got some meaningful minutes and didn't look

bad for an unexperienced rookie.  Yeah!  Hawks DO have a big (very big) who can play

the inside game and grab a rebound here and there.  And, wasn't that short put back shot sweet!

:air_kiss:

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Every week, I see where Zaza has gotten better?

He may not have been the walking double double that he is in Dallas here... but Zaza we know.  He broguht a grit to him that this team needs.   With no DMCthealltymegreat we miss that gritty player.

Yeah that's what gets me.   We could have had Zaza as easily as Splitter.   I didn't realize that Splitter was so injury prone.   That would have been the only thing to scare me away from Zaza.    I guess i wasn't that familiar with Splitter but i expected him to be able to handle bigger centers.   So far that doesn't seem to be the case.   I don't see him being an effective counter on the boards to Mozgov and Thompson.   Plus we enabled the Spurs to create a juggernaut.   

• Like 1

On December 29, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Diesel said:

In that line of thinking.  IF we had a guy like  O. Casspi, J. Dudley, or JJ Reddick. ... Then that would be that...

If not them then some needle mover like Bradley Beal, K. Durant, or K. Leonard? (Those are dreams).

Just someone to take over for Korver as a starter.  Korver right now is best used off the bench in a smaller capacity.  I don't know who that player is, but it won't happen this season anyway.  

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah that's what gets me.   We could have had Zaza as easily as Splitter.   I didn't realize that Splitter was so injury prone.   That would have been the only thing to scare me away from Zaza.    I guess i wasn't that familiar with Splitter but i expected him to be able to handle bigger centers.   So far that doesn't seem to be the case.   I don't see him being an effective counter on the boards to Mozgov and Thompson.   Plus we enabled the Spurs to create a juggernaut.   

Splitter was easy because he knows Bud and he knows the system.... plus, I think he's younger than Zaza.   However,  Splitter hasn't been impressive for somebody that should know his way around.

• Premium Member

I give almost anyone half a season to get acclimated to his new teammates. He left the NYK game after just a few minutes, but prior to that, he'd had 3 of of his best games of the year in the week prior to that.