• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Am Calling Out Those That Call Al Horford anything other than BOSS

bumpyphish1

I don't know how many players in the NBA one considers "elite"--it's a quite subjective term.  Are there closer to 5 or closer to 20?  

I can say unequivocally Al is a top 20 NBA player, one of the most versatile bigs in the game, and a player that every coach in the league would kill to have on their team.

He is a guy we re-sign whatever the cost.  He's worth the max, but being he's a pretty good dude, he might take less so that we can add a little more around him.

30 points, 14 boards, and 5 3PT made on the road vs. Howard's Rockets.  Top shelf timing on your thread, Lurker.

Edited by bumpyphish1
  • Like 4

Pristine.  He is a top 15-20 player.  If your definition of "elite" is top 5, name a poster here who has posted that he is a top 5 NBA player--EVER.  Name two.

Why the loud, negative post?  For a "lurker", somebody sure wants attention.

Pristine timing, again.  Really uncanny.

Edited by bumpyphish1

• Premium Member

Horford is a legit All Star caliber Center. People want to marvel at the rebounding prowess of Deandre Jordan, Howard, and Drummond but you guys don't consider what a complete liability they are in ways Horford is not. When the game is on line are these guys more likely than Al is to  make clutch game winning shots? set up teamates? run an offense? make smart plays on defense and offense? Yea, don't think so. I swear to jehova most of the fans on this team are desensitized to what a valuable player Horford has been for this team. A full season of hack a Howard/Drummond/Jordan would sober you up right quick.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I agree, but I also want Al to have games such as these to remind folks why he's been selected as a three time all-star.

I need MORE games like this. That's my only issue with Al. Games like these are too few.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I need MORE games like this. That's my only issue with Al. Games like these are too few.

Good point.  Where's this production when they play Cleveland or San Antonio?  This was one regular season game against a .500 team.  If this is all it takes to declare "give him the max", then the bar remains relatively low.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Horford is a legit All Star caliber Center. People want to marvel at the rebounding prowess of Deandre Jordan, Howard, and Drummond but you guys don't consider what a complete liability they are in ways Horford is not. When the game is on line are these guys more likely than Al is to  make clutch game winning shots? set up teamates? run an offense? make smart plays on defense and offense? Yea, don't think so. I swear to jehova most of the fans on this team are desensitized to what a valuable player Horford has been for this team. A full season of hack a Howard/Drummond/Jordan would sober you up right quick.

Spot on.

53 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How many players have gone 30 and 10+ with 5 3PT's this season?  I'd wager none.  You want more want frequent games like this?  I want a million dollars.

26 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Good point.  Where's this production when they play Cleveland or San Antonio?  This was one regular season game against a .500 team.  If this is all it takes to declare "give him the max", then the bar remains relatively low.  

Right.  Last year's WC semi-finals runner-up on the road on the second night of a back to back is a matchup to scoff at.  GET REAL!

Edited by bumpyphish1

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

What are you talking about dude? Did you watch this game? Houston played as good as any team we have played all season and we beat them on the second of a back to back on the road, and short handed. If Houston played the way they did today every game they would be challenging Golden State for the best record. This was the best win of the season and keeps us in second place and just two games from the Cavs, and if it weren't for Horford draining three after three when the game was about to get out of hand we would have lost by double digits. 

If you don't think this was an important game you don't know basketball.

P.S. Houston had won 8 straight games at home including handling the Spurs.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Spot on.

How many players have gone 30 and 10+ with 5 3PT's this season?  I'd wager none.  You want more want frequent games like this?  I want a million dollars.

Right.  Last year's WC semi-finals runner-up on the road on the second night of a back to back is a matchup to scoff at.  GET REAL!

Correction me:

Last year's WC FINALS runner up.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The only thing I know is Al is worth the max to the Hawks. Remember when Boris Diaw re signed with the Spurs for a crazy amount? Anywhere else that would be nuts, but for the Spurs it's justified due to how well he fit's in their system. Al is such a great player, leader and teammate. He will get the max without question. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, QuantumHawkz said:

The only thing I know is Al is worth the max to the Hawks. Remember when Boris Diaw re signed with the Spurs for a crazy amount? Anywhere else that would be nuts, but for the Spurs it's justified due to how well he fit's in their system. Al is such a great player, leader and teammate. He will get the max without question. 

Of course he will, and it's sad that the hurdle is so low here that I am tempted to call you "smart."

• Premium Member

Yes, we need more idiots talking about how bad Horford is as a player to get more games like him. I call it the Jeff Blauser Treatment. My dad and I discovered when we started bad mouthing him at the plate he actually did something. We have called it the Blauser Treatment since then to help reverse psychology our Atlanta players in all sports to actually do something.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

What are you talking about dude? Did you watch this game? Houston played as good as any team we have played all season and we beat them on the second of a back to back on the road, and short handed. If Houston played the way they did today every game they would be challenging Golden State for the best record. This was the best win of the season and keeps us in second place and just two games from the Cavs, and if it weren't for Horford draining three after three when the game was about to get out of hand we would have lost by double digits. 

If you don't think this was an important game you don't know basketball.

P.S. Houston had won 8 straight games at home including handling the Spurs.

A team that turned the ball over 19 times and gave up 65 points in the second half of a game would be challenging for the best record if they played that way every night?  Houston played as good as any team we've played this season?  Okay.

8 hours ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Spot on.

Oh boy, sigh.  

I'm not talking raw box score numbers, I'm talking about Al's style of play: his activity on the rebounding side and his aggressiveness on offense.  Before last nights explosion, his last 5 games rebounding numbers (6, 2, 4, 6, 10) - that's just not good.

The last time we discussed Al having a good game, "I said let's see him do this again next game", that was (I think) back in November.

My main point is these types of efforts are too few.  

12 hours ago, bumpyphish1 said:

I don't know how many players in the NBA one considers "elite"--it's a quite subjective term.  Are there closer to 5 or closer to 20?  

I can say unequivocally Al is a top 20 NBA player, one of the most versatile bigs in the game, and a player that every coach in the league would kill to have on their team.

He is a guy we re-sign whatever the cost.  He's worth the max, but being he's a pretty good dude, he might take less so that we can add a little more around him.

30 points, 14 boards, and 5 3PT made on the road vs. Howard's Rockets.  Top shelf timing on your thread, Lurker.

funny how Al looks better when the COACH runs plays where Horford finishes AT the basket like he did last night..........Bud did several things that i pointed out yesterday before the game: play tavares, run sets where Horford finishes at the rim. During the KEY bucket Horford made late in the game after a Hawk timeout, bud did exactly that........do it EVERY game and ditch the spread crap with Horford.

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

funny how Al looks better when the COACH runs plays where Horford finishes AT the basket like he did last night..........Bud did several things that i pointed out yesterday before the game: play tavares, run sets where Horford finishes at the rim. During the KEY bucket Horford made late in the game after a Hawk timeout, bud did exactly that........do it EVERY game and ditch the spread crap with Horford.

What-Excuse-me-Say-what-GIF.gif

You do know that Al attempted 7 - 3 pointers last night, making 5 right?  Which accounted for half his points.

Al took 3 shot attempts at the rim last time,  1st shot attempt IN THE PAINT occurred in the 3rd quarter, and 2 in the 4th quarter - one he made, one he missed.

Sometimes I just wonder.

sigh.gif