• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Horford is as soft as butter

Lurker

In reality what we're seeing is the rollercoaster ride continues. This team is not taking any team seriously that they think is a bad team at all and it's gone on all season. They finally had it really bite them in the a** and fully deserve being thoroughly embarrassed for being cocky.

Good. Stop doing it and you can likely beat every team up to LAC except for likely Denver (odd but true). Make up for it in those three games. You can beat Indiana and Miami if you bring the type of energy you had vs Chicago against them.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, SalvorMallow said:

You're willing to accept a career-worst game from our all-star starting center in his prime as long as he had a few good games?  Have we really lowered our standard that much as fans?

Uh, newsflash: everyone has a bad game. Gasp, shock, awe. It happens. Someone that was balling out five or six games before that has one bad game to break the streak of really good games. It happens.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Uh, newsflash: everyone has a bad game. Gasp, shock, awe. It happens. Someone that was balling out five or six games before that has one bad game to break the streak of really good games. It happens.

I'm kind of in the middle.   Al has had too many bad games this season but the truth is that Al isn't the player that sets the tone.   When most of the team is screwing up Al isn't going to save us on his own.   So when most of the team looks bad, Al looks bad.   When the team is clicking, Al looks great.     That is moreso this year than in previous years but it's always been the case to an extent. 

I didn't see the game but it just seems like when this type of systemic-fail is happening we just need to try to ride Sap to stay in the game.   Continually trying to get Teague, Dennis, Korver, Al to do something on offense when they are totally spazing is pointless.   Sap is our star.   We need to treat him like that. 

• Like 2

You're willing to accept a career-worst game from our all-star starting center in his prime as long as he had a few good games?  Have we really lowered our standard that much as fans?

If Al has 5 good games for every one bad game from now until the rest of the season - then YES.

So if in the next 42 games he has 35 good games (like his previous 5) and 7 bad games, you wouldn't take that?

• Moderators

The pick and pop used to be one of most reliable plays.   In a game where everybody is basically sucking, I'm not sure how Horford isn't taking any shots.    So to me it's less about a bad game and more about just being invisible when he's supposed to be a team leader.   (disclaimer: didn't see the game).  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If Al has 5 good games for every one bad game from now until the rest of the season - then YES.

So if in the next 42 games he has 35 good games (like his previous 5) and 7 bad games, you wouldn't take that?

I guess we're considering Al's 13 PT 3 RBD  +/-  -14 DRtg 122 performance one of those good games?

Or Al's oh so impactful "Almost triple-double" when he had a +/- of -6 and a DRtg 118 in the loss to the NYK?

No, I wouldn't take that.  

7 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I guess we're considering Al's 13 PT 3 RBD  +/-  -14 DRtg 122 performance one of those good games?

Or Al's oh so impactful "Almost triple-double" when he had a +/- of -6 and a DRtg 118 in the loss to the NYK?

No, I wouldn't take that.  

Missing my point entirely.

Take whatever you consider to be a good impactful game for Al (or fir any player for that matter)  for every 6 games he has 5 good ones and  1 stinker - you wouldn't take that?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Are we expected to judge all levels of bad the same?  When I hear Al had a bad game I think of him going 12 and 6 on 40% shooting.  He had 2 points and 2 rebounds, and perhaps most concerning, he only took 4 shots.  To put this into context, I did a search on NBA,com

Al has only scored 2 or less points in 6 games in his entire career.  The last time this happened was 5 years ago in a game where he was limited to 14 minutes.  

We all know how hilariously inconsistent Al is at pulling down rebounds, but how many times has he only had 2 rebounds in a game?  Only 13 in his entire career.  Unfortunately, the majority of those performance are trended towards recent years, so his last 2 rebound performance was December 21.  

But both of these events occurring in one game?   It has only happened once in his career in his 10th game as a pro where he was only given 7 minutes back in 2008.

It shows that Al was on the floor and didn't feel like playing.  Whether that be from injury or something else, he didnt bring 100%, he didnt even bring 60% based on his impact on the game.  This is more dangerous then him shooting 1-12 and just having a bad night, he is starting to lose his effort, which has always been one of his biggest strengths.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Missing my point entirely.

Take whatever you consider to be a good impactful game for Al (or fir any player for that matter)  for every 6 games he has 5 good ones and  1 stinker - you wouldn't take that?

Sorry, I didn't know we were speaking hypothetically.

If he has 5 actually good games and 1 average bad game, then yes, I would definitely take that.  

5 good games to 1 last night?  No way.  A performance like that in the playoffs could singlehandedly lose a crucial game and, therefore, a series.  This team isn't good enough for our all-stars to be taking nights off.

11 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Sorry, I didn't know we were speaking hypothetically.

If he has 5 actually good games and 1 average bad game, then yes, I would definitely take that.  

5 good games to 1 last night?  No way.  A performance like that in the playoffs could singlehandedly lose a crucial game and, therefore, a series.  This team isn't good enough for our all-stars to be taking nights off.

I'm glad you understood my overall point. There are good games, bad games and indifferent games - Al was indifferent last night.

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Are we expected to judge all levels of bad the same?  When I hear Al had a bad game I think of him going 12 and 6 on 40% shooting.  He had 2 points and 2 rebounds, and perhaps most concerning, he only took 4 shots.  To put this into context, I did a search on NBA,com

Al has only scored 2 or less points in 6 games in his entire career.  The last time this happened was 5 years ago in a game where he was limited to 14 minutes.  

We all know how hilariously inconsistent Al is at pulling down rebounds, but how many times has he only had 2 rebounds in a game?  Only 13 in his entire career.  Unfortunately, the majority of those performance are trended towards recent years, so his last 2 rebound performance was December 21.  

But both of these events occurring in one game?   It has only happened once in his career in his 10th game as a pro where he was only given 7 minutes back in 2008.

It shows that Al was on the floor and didn't feel like playing.  Whether that be from injury or something else, he didnt bring 100%, he didnt even bring 60% based on his impact on the game.  This is more dangerous then him shooting 1-12 and just having a bad night, he is starting to lose his effort, which has always been one of his biggest strengths.

You do realize people have career worst games, right? If this becomes a trend then we should be concerned. I highly doubt that will be the case. You are overreacting. Everyone but Millsap was horrible in that game. It isn't like Horford was the only one dogging it up.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Heeey, what'd I do?

"Do It All Paul" was mein!

Can you write me a few one liners?  I need to score some likes to catch up with JBH.

Just jump into a troll thread and post something reasonable

and oh, follow it up with this gif.

BAPDIwb.gif

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

"Do It All Paul" was mein!

Just jump into a troll thread and post something reasonable

and oh, follow it up with this gif.

BAPDIwb.gif

OohBurn.gif

That's so Jaybird's M.O.  Don't take that, @JayBirdHawk

And I'm nobody's Carlos Mencia (whoever that is).