• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Horford is as soft as butter

Lurker

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

We negative points to give posters. Al almost had a triple double and he's to blame for the loss? Wow.

It's like he giveth and taketh away though.  Had a great stat line but as I'm watching the game I'm constantly seeing him get outworked or having brain farts on defense (*clap) or setting awful screens, etc.  Then, he'll have those plays where he recognizes Porzingis can't guard him on the block or he'll hit a timely 3.   He and Teague have similar issues, at times.  Loss of focus and/or lack of consistent effort.  Al has the added burden of clearly trying to avoid injury  It's maddening.

Now, I don't agree that we should set a match to the whole operation but I also don't agree that Al is well (see what I did there? niiiice).

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's like he giveth and taketh away though.  Had a great stat line but as I'm watching the game I'm constantly seeing him get outworked or having brain farts on defense (*clap) or setting awful screens, etc.  Then, he'll have those plays where he recognizes Porzingis can't guard him on the block or he'll hit a timely 3.   He and Teague have similar issues, at times.  Loss of focus and/or lack of consistent effort.  Al has the added burden of clearly trying to avoid injury  It's maddening.

Now, I don't agree that we should set a match to the whole operation but I also don't agree that Al is well (see what I did there? niiiice).

Like I said in the game thread,  a meaningless almost triple double where the impact wasn't felt during the game.

• Premium Member

You can't have an almost meaningless triple double unless part of the triple double was turnovers. That was not the case. Al wasn't the one letting NKY guards get free looks at three and uncontested shots. That would be Korver.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Like I said in the game thread,  a meaningless almost triple double where the impact wasn't felt during the game.

And here's why heavy reliance on nimbers can be problematic.  I'm sure he 'analytically' had a great game but watching the actual game told a different story.

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You can't have an almost meaningless triple double unless part of the triple double was turnovers. That was not the case. Al wasn't the one letting NKY guards get free looks at three and uncontested shots. That would be Korver.

Yes you can, they’re called EMPTY stats. 1 meaningful defensive rebound and 1 3 pointer to bring us within 2. Otherwise, there was nothing memorable about Al last night except his clapping.

I'm being harsh but I'm effing fedup.

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I also find it interesting that Millsap gets a free pass for a 6-17 shooting night. But Horford is the guy to blame? GTFO.

WTF!  Soth, Millsap has been absolutely CARRYING this team all year!  The only reason we were in the game was him putting them on his back last night.

Millsap has been getting HAMMERED with no calls coming his way.  Yeah, his shooting looks bad but I gotta channel my inner Jerry Stackhouse .... 'Watch the games, man."

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes you can, they’re called EMPTY stats. 1 meaningful defensive rebound and 1 3 pointer to bring us within 2. Otherwise, there was nothing memorable about Al last night except his clapping.

I'm being harsh but I'm effing fedup.

Honestly, that is more than being harsh. You can't ignore the contribution that was two assists short of a trip dub as a center. All those points didn't count? those rebounds? eight assists? The only real problem with Al was missing both those free throws when we needed them but that doesn't take away from the good he did.

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

WTF!  Soth, Millsap has been absolutely CARRYING this team all year!  The only reason we were in the game was him putting them on his back last night.

Millsap has been getting HAMMERED with no calls coming his way.  Yeah, his shooting looks bad but I gotta channel my inner Jerry Stackhouse .... 'Watch the games, man."

Yeah, Millsap has been playing up to his contract this season but he also has bad games. Like last night. 6-17 is a bad game. That's like a 33% shooting night on a lot of shots.

Just now, Sothron said:

Yeah, Millsap has been playing up to his contract this season but he also has bad games. Like last night. 6-17 is a bad game. That's like a 33% shooting night on a lot of shots.

I'd say it's not that simple.  Watching the game, it wasn't like he turned into post-prime-Iverson or something.

I'm gonna take a step back, Soth.  I don't think you're railing against the anti-Al talk.  I think you're hurting because there's not an anti-Teague or anti-Korver thread.  Well, Soth.  Those guys deserve as much if not more blame than Al.  So step in, let's hug it out.  It'll all be ok, Soth ... we hope.

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Honestly, that is more than being harsh. You can't ignore the contribution that was two assists short of a trip dub as a center. All those points didn't count? those rebounds? eight assists? The only real problem with Al was missing both those free throws when we needed them but that doesn't take away from the good he did.

I'm not ignoring it it just didn't move my meter when he had such a lackluster overall effort.

Which assist was memorAl had more O-Rebs (6) than D-Rebs (4)

(And for the record I'm not blaming him for the loss - there is enough blame to go around)

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'd say it's not that simple.  Watching the game, it wasn't like he turned into post-prime-Iverson or something.

I'm gonna take a step back, Soth.  I don't think you're railing against the anti-Al talk.  I think you're hurting because there's not an anti-Teague or anti-Korver thread.  Well, Soth.  Those guys deserve as much if not more blame than Al.  So step in, let's hug it out.  It'll all be ok, Soth ... we hope.

I'm not hurting over anything. When I watch the game and turn to the Squawk after it to see people blaming Horford of all people when Korver looked like a left over Walking Dead zombie extra or Millsap goes 6-17 it just blows me away. Horford was the last person to blame for that loss. I know Horford is not playing at his usual consistent effort this season but sometimes the agenda gets in the way of what actually happened in games.