• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not too bad, considering everything

Gray Mule

Isn't it wonderful what just a couple of wins will do for your feelings!

Hawks are 25\17 so far, 8 games over that .500 mark.  Cleveland was sailing along, feeling so superior

until their last game.  They are still licking their sore place after that 132-98 donkey kicking.

If you watched that one, The King looked so upset, like he couldn't believe anyone could do that to him

and his team.  Smith deliberately charged into an opponent, like a running back in the NFL, lowered his

sholdier and flattened him.  Got a teck 2 and was tossed.  Strangely enough, the TBS announcers, even

after the replay, couldn't see the foul.  Gee.

So, the King CAN be beaten, the Hawks can occasionally get a win and all is right with the world!

GO ATL HAWKS!!

• Like 4

UPDATE:  Victory in Oregon last night makes things even better.

In the Southeast Division, Hawks are up by 3 with a 26\17 record!

In the entire east, Atlanta is in a solid 3rd place.  Not too bad at all.  How ?  Well for one reason,

the Warriors slaughtered the Bulls last night.  That pushed them lower, then the Hawks won.

I'll bet that the supermarkets in Chicago have ground beef on sale today!!

• Like 2

Here come da Hawkz! I think we're shifting into another gear now and will separate from the pack as the solid #2 in the East.

• Like 2

Find a better use of a few of Jeff's and Kyle's minutes to impact the defensive end and we cooking with Wesson.  

Most likely a couple more for Thabo then cross your fingers for Tim.  Seeing the game replay he had a few good off-ball catch denials of McCullogh which is very promising.  Jeff doesn't do ball denials.

• Premium Member

Funny thing is as "bad" as our defense has been our Defensive rating on the year is virtually exactly the same as last season. It's our offensive rating that has taken a noticeable dip, and that is solely due to outside shooting as we are actually better at scoring inside this year then last. So basically, the only single difference between us this year and last, outside of greatly improved competition across the conference,  has been Kyle not hitting his shot. 

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Funny thing is as "bad" as our defense has been our Defensive rating on the year is virtually exactly the same as last season. It's our offensive rating that has taken a noticeable dip, and that is solely due to outside shooting as we are actually better at scoring inside this year then last. So basically, the only single difference between us this year and last, outside of greatly improved competition across the conference,  has been Kyle not hitting his shot. 

I'm just guessing but it seems like we haven't really hit the hard part of the schedule yet.     I'm glad we are shoring up the rotation and starting to see some consistency though.  

• Premium Member

I really like the defense unit on the court last night,......Dennis, Baze,Thabo,Millsap, Splitter/Horford. 

Edited by QuantumHawkz
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@macdaddy has been pleading for more Baze and Thabo together. 

Smart thought by daddymac! Might be a stroke of genius here considering Kyle needs more recovery time.

4 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Smart thought by daddymac! Might be a stroke of genius here considering Kyle needs more recovery time.

If Kyle isn't ready by playoffs, Bud may need to rethink Korver at SG this off-season.

8 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

If Kyle isn't ready by playoffs, Bud may need to rethink Korver at SG this off-season.

Next offseason? - I expected us to start making his bench transition this year by him having play less minutes at age 34 and coming off ankle and elbow surgery.  

• Moderators
13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@macdaddy has been pleading for more Baze and Thabo together. 

I'm mean it seems like a no brainer.   Are we just going to keep running kyle out there until his leg falls off?     Last night's horrible inbound not withstanding, Thabo is being underutilized this year.       And when we do play the Cavs who's guarding Lebron?   It can't be Baze or Korver.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'm mean it seems like a no brainer.   Are we just going to keep running kyle out there until his leg falls off?     Last night's horrible inbound not withstanding, Thabo is being underutilized this year.       And when we do play the Cavs who's guarding Lebron?   It can't be Baze or Korver.  

Baze will get his shot.  As will Thabo and Millsap.  I think you just throw bodies at LeBron at this point.

Thus, the reason for my defending of bringing in Joe Johnson if the Nets bought him out.  Just another body to throw at LeBron in the playoffs.

Korver getting back ? Its already mid January - it should have been healed far by now theres been some articles on that injury and specifically him in this context.  It appears to be over for KK.  even if healthy hell just get bulldozed and beat on the playoffs anyway like last year.  

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Next offseason? - I expected us to start making his bench transition this year by him having play less minutes at age 34 and coming off ankle and elbow surgery.  

Yeah, I think Bud too stubborn to make changes to the starting lineup unless a major injury went down.