• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

From the mid-level exception to $12 million for Bazemore?

JTB

Executives are already saying as high as 12 million for Bazemore....I say give him that contract as it will look cheap under the new CBA probably since the cap is going to be so much higher according to all the predictions.

"ESPN’s Zach Lowe asked a dozen executives how much Bazemore will command, and their answers ranged “from the mid-level exception, to $12 million, to ‘who the hell even knows?’” Bazemore thinks he’s still scratching the surface of what he can be, but hasn’t lost sight of how far he’s come. He remembers when few people knew what he could do, and when he didn’t know if he’d get to show i"

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25451552/once-clinging-to-an-nba-job-hawks-kent-bazemore-is-about-to-get-paid

He's gettin' good, and still on his way up. $12mil sounds about right and will look like a bargain in a couple of years if Blaze continues his trajectory.

6 hours ago, Jody23 said:

Considering what Carroll got for similar production, $12 million might be on the low side.

Right! I'd say $13 mil is the minimum he'll get. With the cap rising to 89 million, Hawks having the ability this year to go over the cap to resign Al, Hawks shouldn't have a problem paying him what he deserves.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Right! I'd say $13 mil is the minimum he'll get. With the cap rising to 89 million, Hawks having the ability this year to go over the cap to resign Al, Hawks shouldn't have a problem paying him what he deserves.

And that's not a good thing for Atlanta as they would have very little to improve the team afterward.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If Baze had handles I would give him the 12mil, but he doesn't which makes him limited. Plus I think this is the DMC scenario....meaning this system is a pay day for under utilized players in the association. If Baze do jet, we have Holiday to take his spot. Just like Baze did to DMC. 

16 minutes ago, QuantumHawkz said:

If Baze had handles I would give him the 12mil, but he doesn't which makes him limited. Plus I think this is the DMC scenario....meaning this system is a pay day for under utilized players in the association. If Baze do jet, we have Holiday to take his spot. Just like Baze did to DMC. 

Holiday is no Baze. He was a full rotation player last season. Holiday is 'game is a blowout' guy.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Holiday is no Baze. He was a full rotation player last season. Holiday is 'game is a blowout' guy.

True, but let's not act like Baze came in and balled out. If that was the case his improvement this year shouldn't have been a surprise. I just think Holiday can put up the same numbers Baze can if given PT.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, QuantumHawkz said:

True, but let's not act like Baze came in and balled out. If that was the case his improvement this year shouldn't have been a surprise. I just think Holiday can put up the same numbers Baze can if given PT.

No he can't.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This just isn't true. Holiday at this point is a scrub. Bazemore put up similar numbers to what he's doing now when he was with the Lakers. It's weird that he's getting this much hype for it now, but then again he put up those numbers on the Lakers.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We should keep him. You might say "if Carroll/Baze did it, surely X can as well!" There's some truth to it, but we need to establish some consistency and ADD to our players. Bazemore is our SG/SF of the future, we (still) need to bring one more player in, move Kyle to the bench.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

We should keep him. You might say "if Carroll/Baze did it, surely X can as well!" There's some truth to it, but we need to establish some consistency and ADD to our players. Bazemore is our SG/SF of the future, we (still) need to bring one more player in, move Kyle to the bench.

I'm not saying don't keep him, but if Baze leaves he's not a starter. He's not a regular rotation guy now.

If Baze commands a salary around $12M and then we resign Al to the max then this team is doomed to another 3-4 years of mediocrity.

And that's not to say that I don't want to keep Baze, but we wouldn't be able to improve this team next season if that was the case, unless of course we made a trade of some kind.  The year after we would have some money to spend with Teague, Splitter, Thabo, Scott (TO) and Mack (TO) off the books but then it would be time to g-up Dennis.

Thus why I keep advocating trading Horford now and moving in a different direction.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jody23 said:

And that's not a good thing for Atlanta as they would have very little to improve the team afterward.

Sucks. I'm curious to see their long term vision for the Hawks because the core of the team is in their 30s. They're like DET after they won the championship.