• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta has had major trust issues internally with Schröder

rd79

49 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

He's just young.  SMH at "TOO DAMN WILD" (all caps).   When you are full of energy, confidence, and raw, that is what it sort of looks like.

Are you trying to say EVERY young point guard  was like this???

And FYI he's not really raw anymore

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I don't see why Teague couldn't net us Hood?

Why would we want Hood over the Burk(e)s bros??? Just Alec Burks himself is almost equal value to Hood, and on top of that we get back at PG almost the same production Teague has been giving us lately.  That type of move is basically almost best case scenario for a Teague trade IMO.

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Are you trying to say EVERY young point guard  was like this???

And FYI he's not really raw anymore

Too damn wild is actually what you want from a young PG. Aggressiveness matures infinitely greater than passiveness. They came out with an ESPN article 6-7 years ago where they showed correlation between high aggressive stats in young players compared to low usage low turnover young players and it was a comparison of all stars vs bench warmers. I think the article was centered around projecting Westbrook as a future star after his rookie season where he got a lot of flack for his "wild" play, and well we all know how Westbrook has matured. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Why would we want Hood over the Burk(e)s bros??? Just Alec Burks himself is almost equal value to Hood, and on top of that we get back at PG almost the same production Teague has been giving us lately.  That type of move is basically almost best case scenario for a Teague trade IMO.

I think the only issue would be Burks still being out injured.  No way they'd trade for him at this point in time.  JMHO

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

He's coming back after the ASG though.

Supposedly, yes.  Wouldn't you want to see him play for a period of time before you traded an all-star starting PG for him?  IIUC, he's coming off season-ending knee surgery last season and has been injured before that (my memory may be faulty on that one) so his health is a legit question.

Please understand, I've wanted us to target him before so I'm not running him down.  Just saying there are legit reasons to give pause to Jeff-for-Burks talk.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Supposedly, yes.  Wouldn't you want to see him play for a period of time before you traded an all-star starting PG for him?  IIUC, he's coming off season-ending knee surgery last season and has been injured before that (my memory may be faulty on that one) so his health is a legit question.

Please understand, I've wanted us to target him before so I'm not running him down.  Just saying there are legit reasons to give pause to Jeff-for-Burks talk.

Whatever move we make with Jeff it should be thinking past this season though IMO. If we like Burks it shouldn't matter too much how he plays this year.  I doubt very much that there is a Teague move out there to be made that would make us significantly better this year. If we are looking to compete against the Cavs this season instead of starting to look forward to next year and beyond then keeping Jeff will probably be the best bet. No player out there is going to give us the potentially All-star caliber level of play that a healthy Teague is capable of.

19 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Hood is overrated and he's a SG.  Burks has far more potential but neither player makes sense if Atlanta is serious about resigning Bazemore. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Hood is overrated and he's a SG.  Burks has far more potential but neither player makes sense if Atlanta is serious about resigning Bazemore. 

Burks has size to play the Korver role I think. Rodney is a bit thinner I believe. However, I'm guessing such a move would also serve as Bazemore insurance in case he gets just an unmatchable deal, which the way things have gone lately in free agency for SG/SFs is not out of the question.

15 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I don't see why Teague couldn't net us Hood?

I hate this idea because we should've drafted Hood in the first place!He was there at 15 and we desperately needed a wing..We drafted AP instead didn't develop him for stick man Muscala.. So it makes me sick to think that we would give an asset to get what should have been ours!

• Like 2