• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Reminder that Dennis will be playing with Thabo and Team Africa down in Johannesburg, at 11 AM Eastern Saturday on ESPN2.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/07/13/nba-africa-game-august-5-johannesburg-oladipo-porzingis-Schröder-lowry

Team Africa, comprised of players born in Africa and second-generation African players, will be led by team captains Luol Deng (Los Angeles Lakers; South Sudan) and Thabo Sefolosha (most recently with the Atlanta Hawks; Switzerland; parent from South Africa).  Deng and Sefolosha will be joined by Bismack Biyombo (Orlando Magic; Democratic Republic of the Congo), Clint Capela (Houston Rockets; Switzerland; parents from Angola and Congo), Gorgui Dieng (Minnesota Timberwolves; Senegal; BWB Africa 2009), Joel Embiid (Philadelphia 76ers; Cameroon; BWB Africa 2011)*, Serge Ibaka (Toronto Raptors; Congo), Luc Mbah a Moute (most recently with the LA Clippers; Cameroon; BWB Africa 2003), Salah Mejri (Dallas Mavericks; Tunisia), Emmanuel Mudiay (Denver Nuggets; Democratic Republic of the Congo), Victor Oladipo (Indiana Pacers; U.S.; parent from Nigeria) and Dennis Schröder (Hawks; Germany; parent from The Gambia).

Deke and Reef will also be there as attendees.

~lw3

I heard about how Gallinari got hurt and thought you can't make that sh@t up.  I know these guys enjoy representing their countries and cultures but a serious injury outside of the league just isn't worth it to me.  Damn sure isn't worth it to owners and GMs.  Dennis has had near stellar health so far so I won't sweat it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I heard about how Gallinari got hurt and thought you can't make that sh@t up.  I know these guys enjoy representing their countries and cultures but a serious injury outside of the league just isn't worth it to me.  Damn sure isn't worth it to owners and GMs.  Dennis has had near stellar health so far so I won't sweat it.

My reaction to seeing this thread was:

"Dennis:  Don't punch anyone.  Now have fun!"

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

My reaction to seeing this thread was:

"Dennis:  Don't punch anyone.  Now have fun!"

Best believe if Dennis punches someone its gonna be in the only soft region you can punch a man so no chance of damaging hand bones on face bones.  Boogie knows all too well. 

• Like 2

• Admin
21 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

At least the kid's too tiny to get nutmegged! And hey, I spotted a handball, Dennis!

~lw3

His soccer background should really help with his footwork ... Steve Nash has always said  his basketball game footwork was attributed to his playing soccer

• Like 1

• Moderators

NBAAfricaGame1EDIT_768_403_65_s.jpg

Good Defense, Dennis! :-)

http://www.nba.com/video/2017/08/05/20170805-2017-africa-game-recap

Team World took the spoils again after defeating Team Arica 108-97 in an exciting matchup that was the second NBA Africa Game in Johannesburg South Africa on Saturday.

Played before a capacity crowd at the Ticketpro Dome in Johannesburg , the game was a great mix of offensive and defensive displays from both squads.

Game MVP Victor Oladipo opened the scoring early in the game with a dunk, but Team World quickly turned things around and took the lead and kept it for most of the first half.

Team Africa fought back and shot 43.2 percent from the field with great offensive plays from Oladipo and Emmanuel Mudiay, while the World squad shot 40.4 percent thanks to Jaylen Brown, CJ McCollum, Kristaps Porzingis and Courtney Lee.

It was not all about offence as the likes of Salah Mejri and Clint Capela stepped up for the Africa team, and Porzingis and DeMarcus Cousins protected the rim for Team World.

It was a three-point game at the half with Team World leading 50-47. Oladipo led Africa with 16 points, while Porzingis led the World squad with 10 points.

At the start of the third frame, Cousins was three points and four rebounds short of a double-double, Schröder had eight points.

At the end of the third stanza, the score was tied at 77 points apiece with Oladipo leading Africa with 19 points, and Courtney Lee leading the World team at 13 points. Cousins had an 11-point, 10-rebound double-double.

Midway through the fourth, Oladipo then ramped things up and tied the score again at 88 points each, but Porzingis gave Team World the lead back shortly after with a great field goal.

Mudiay had 17 points in total as the ‘home team’ pushed for victory in front of a vociferous crowd who cheered them on. Clint Capela also had a double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds as Team Africa battled.

However it was not to be as the ‘visiting team’ kept their noses in front. At the end of the evening, Team World took the game by 11 points and secured their second win on the continent. Brown led his team with 15 points and Oladipo deservedly took home the MVP honors with 28 points and nine rebounds.

~lw3