• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Too much, too fast??

willthepureshooter

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Alex said:

Someone has to win...if you think winning a title is the priority for athletes versus getting a giant contract you are sadly mistaken. 

Lebron worked pretty hard for that Championship last year.  Didn't Durant just go to the Warriors for less money?

• Like 1

When receiving responses to someone's drivel this list of ten may be helpful. Please share with all dismal friends with no hope whatsoever.

Here are 10 irrational thoughts that rational people often fall victim to at one point or another:

1. Mistakes are never acceptable.  If I make one, it means that I am incompetent.
  2. When somebody disagrees with me, it is a personal attack against me.
  3. To be content in life, I must be liked by all people.
  4. My true value as an individual depends on what others think of me.
  5. If I am not involved in an intimate relationship, I am completely alone.
  6. There is no grey area.  Success is black and failure is white.
  7. Nothing ever turns out the way you want it to.
  8. If the outcome was not perfect, it was a complete failure.
  9. I am in absolute control of my life.  If something bad happens, it is someone else's fault.
  10. The past always repeats itself.  If it was true then, it must be true now.

#8 seems to hit home with some.

• Like 1

Good thoughts. But I think people are getting my post misconstrued. I'm simply offering my insight on how motivation can either make or break a "young" player like Schröder. Its a fair observation when you think about professional sports and contracts. There's a reason why organizations use the play first and get paid last motto for players. 

We've seen our share of players like Erik Dampier and Larry Hughes whose motivations were strictly to make their families comfortable. After the big payday, winning and getting better no longer matters (For those with the financial motivation). 

Now the competitive player. The Kobe Bryants, Kevin Garnetts, and Pauls Pierces are solely motivated to bust *** and dominate while playing the game. The way these players are wired, the big contracts automatically happen on the back end. Money isn't the big factor.

The question that I presented is... How do you think Schroeders wired? Was his motivations solely about the money and the starting point guard title. Or, is he a raw competitor and gamer?

Please keep your emotions out of this when posting.. lol

The list of ten is from a site reviewing books on rational thought vs the opposite. I took number eight to heart bearing in mind there are almost seventy games to go in the regular season. My apologies if the post offended anyone whether positive or negative about Dennis. The site is below for confirmation.

http://www.marcandangel.com/2007/06/06/10-irrational-thoughts-that-rational-people-often-think/ 

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Lebron worked pretty hard for that Championship last year.  Didn't Durant just go to the Warriors for less money?

The vast majority only cares about money.  There are some exceptions.  

• Premium Member
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:09 PM, hawkman said:

He's still learning. To be honest, I'm more concerned that he allowed poor shooting to affect the rest of his game as much as it did. If that continues or he responds negatively when disciplined, then you have a problem. With that being said, if things turn out like they usually do after someone makes a thread about a player on this team, then I expect Dennis to have 20+ points and 10+ assists next game. It never fails.

Tim friggin Frazier? REALLY???

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The DS17 learning curve was expected. He'll be just fine. He knows that contract doesn't promise him a starting job, so I believe the motivation is still there. 

50 minutes ago, DrReality said:

For all of you who weren't around for the 13 win season.....Josh thought he was the coach. 

Both Woody and Josh were new that year and Woody started playing Josh at SG to begin with. Guess the long perimeter shooting responsibility was ingrained into Josh's head pretty much from there on. We all pretty much know about the rest of his history with us.  

Just looked at some team stats and the assist to turnover rate for the team is 1.4 and Dennis is at 1.8. Believe it or not Tim has the best average at 2.3 right now. Heck if we just clean up the laziness in some of our passing game we could probably double that pitiful team ratio. 

On 11/21/2016 at 3:00 PM, kg01 said:

We need to change the name of the site to 'AgendaSquawk'.  Either that or, instead of showing the locale flag next to the name, list the player that poster hates so we can interpret everything they say accordingly.

Mine would be 'kg01DelaneySucks'.

I know someone else's that'd be 'XXXXXXKyleStinks'.

LOL @ AgendaSquawk . . . I like it.

My agenda is to see Prince and Bembry play more.  Prince is slowly proving his worth, while Bembry can't crack the rotation yet.

I don't "hate" any player on the team currently, although I'm not a believer in the value of Korver on the floor, even when he's not producing points.  Last night was a good example of that.

The other thing most of you aren't taking into account about Schröder, is that maybe, just maybe  . . other NBA teams are game planning to slow down or stop Dennis a lot more.  That will make life a little more harder for him.

He'll come around and be more efficient as the season wears on.  And if he doesn't, Bud won't play him heavy minutes, and risk losing games.  He didn't do it when Teague played sub par basketball, and he won't do it with Dennis.

Dennis will be OK.

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL @ AgendaSquawk . . . I like it.

My agenda is to see Prince and Bembry play more.  Prince is slowly proving his worth, while Bembry can't crack the rotation yet.

I don't "hate" any player on the team currently, although I'm not a believer in the value of Korver on the floor, even when he's not producing points.  Last night was a good example of that.

Lol.  Your agenda is to protect Nique and his awful announcing at all costs.

Honestly though, after listening to your whining, I started really paying more attention to him.  He actually is more insightful than many of us give him credit for.  Still, I reserve the right to tell him to shut it with his 1st half, "It'z ovah!", proclamations. 

Lastly, on Dennis, agree we gotta give him and the coaches time to adjust to being higher on the opponents' scouting reports.

13 hours ago, kg01 said:

Lol.  Your agenda is to protect Nique and his awful announcing at all costs.

Honestly though, after listening to your whining, I started really paying more attention to him.  He actually is more insightful than many of us give him credit for.  Still, I reserve the right to tell him to shut it with his 1st half, "It'z ovah!", proclamations. 

Lastly, on Dennis, agree we gotta give him and the coaches time to adjust to being higher on the opponents' scouting reports.

Shut up....

29 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Haha I'm only kidding nephew...Go on witcha bad self boy! I do agree with ur insight. Happy turkey weekend.

I know, Brolio.  Was hoping Mule would go get a switch for you though.  Ha.

Happy Stanksgiving to you too.

• 1 month later...

Anyone still worried about Dennis and his extention? That he won't continue to work hard since he got paid?

I'm not and never was.

Hawks saved approx. $10 mil on his contract next season. If we hadn't extended him some team (Kings, Sixers, Nets) would offer him a max deal as a RFA.

He's still an improving player but I like the direction he's headed.