• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Too much, too fast??

willthepureshooter

If you all can remember a couple weeks ago when Schröder received his early extension, a few of us had our worries. Majority of the worry was due to the feeling that Schröder wasn't earning his starting spot and $60 million extension from the Hawks brass. A young kid with the keys to a Ferrari and the bank account to wreck it without worry. It seems we may be right. Watching Dennis play Sunday gave me the feeling that this kid no longer has anything to play for. He finally became the man on a winning franchise; he received a very lucrative contract after working as a backup; and he was able to bring his family over to the States. There's literally nothing else for him to play for if he was wired with those three goals in mind. Maybe I'm wrong, but I was a kid once and if I had those three things going for me before the age of 25, it would be hard for me to rewire into a stone-cold competitor. Its just a simple fact of maturity and becoming an adult. This will take time. But, do we have enough time for him to rewire himself? Thoughts?

• Like 2

He earned the starting spot by making Teague expendable.

He had his worse game of the short season yesterday, if you want to take that as who he is going forward and discount his other games then nothing will change your mind.

53 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

If there's one guy who's really upset with himself if things don't work out well it's dennis. I don't know why you think he has douche mentality as you pointed out. I mean you can see his commitment to the game in every scene. If anything he's maybe not the smartest out

It seems pretty obvious to me that he can't grasp that his number one priority should be feeding the ball to his teammates rather than trying to take on all the scoring himself, while doing a lousy job of it.  To me he is becoming the Josh Smith of NBA Point Guards.

20 minutes ago, Watchman said:

It seems pretty obvious to me that he can't grasp that his number one priority should be feeding the ball to his teammates rather than trying to take on all the scoring himself, while doing a lousy job of it.  To me he is becoming the Josh Smith of NBA Point Guards.

Really? Come on man.  On this team with Kyle, Sap, Dwight, Baze etc.   No way he "runs" the team the way Josh did.   If his attitude needs adjusting I think those 4 will get it straightened out quickly.   This is what Ferry meant about culture.  The old hawks culture would tolerate even feed cancers.  This culture radiates them like an A bomb.  

• Like 2

Typical NBA player and professional athlete.  Get your payday and stop working hard.  95% of athletes don't care about winning or their teammates.  Once they get paid it's a wrap.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He earned the starting spot by making Teague expendable.

He had his worse game of the short season yesterday, if you want to take that as who he is going forward and discount his other games then nothing will change your mind.

We need to change the name of the site to 'AgendaSquawk'.  Either that or, instead of showing the locale flag next to the name, list the player that poster hates so we can interpret everything they say accordingly.

Mine would be 'kg01DelaneySucks'.

I know someone else's that'd be 'XXXXXXKyleStinks'.

vor 2 Stunden, kg01 sagte:

We need to change the name of the site to 'AgendaSquawk'.  Either that or, instead of showing the locale flag next to the name, list the player that poster hates so we can interpret everything they say accordingly.

Mine would be 'kg01DelaneySucks'.

I know someone else's that'd be 'XXXXXXKyleStinks'.

That would be totally me. It suits me quite well lol. 

But honestly everybody has his favorites and one or two guys he dislikes. You can't avoid that and I think most people have a profound reason.

17 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

That would be totally me. It suits me quite well lol. 

But honestly everybody has his favorites and one or two guys he dislikes. You can't avoid that and I think most people have a profound reason.

I have faves, I don't dislike any of our players. Do I get frustrated, heck yes.

When it comes to young players, I will always give them time to grow into their roles,  just like I did with Teague I'm giving Dennis his chance.

• Premium Member

He's still learning. To be honest, I'm more concerned that he allowed poor shooting to affect the rest of his game as much as it did. If that continues or he responds negatively when disciplined, then you have a problem. With that being said, if things turn out like they usually do after someone makes a thread about a player on this team, then I expect Dennis to have 20+ points and 10+ assists next game. It never fails.

• Like 1

Both John Stockton and Tony Parker were so close to being benched when they came into the league and had been given the reigns with less than considered at that time appropriate caution. Hindsight is wondrous but we have possibly several more years of run here and I'm believing Dennis is a part of it. Coaching will always be a big part of the puzzle and we know we have that covered ninety percent of the time anyway. Hoping to embrace it all with some big rewards in the playoffs.   

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have faves, I don't dislike any of our players. Do I get frustrated, heck yes.

When it comes to young players, I will always give them time to grow into their roles,  just like I did with Teague I'm giving Dennis his chance.

But do you dislike any of our posters?  Other than me anyways. 

On a serious note, you raise a good poit w.r.t. giving these youngish guys time to grow.  Folks gotta realize we won't be operating at optimal levels til after the ASB.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Alex said:

Typical NBA player and professional athlete.  Get your payday and stop working hard.  95% of athletes don't care about winning or their teammates.  Once they get paid it's a wrap.

Champions get paid too so I don't understand your statement.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Champions get paid too so I don't understand your statement.

Someone has to win...if you think winning a title is the priority for athletes versus getting a giant contract you are sadly mistaken. 

• Like 1