• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta has had major trust issues internally with Schröder

rd79

Zach Lowe writes it in an artice about Utah (and some suggestions).

Does he know something we would like to know too or is he just guessing about the two games Dennis sat out?

Full Article about Utah

One place the Jazz might look: Atlanta, where it's starting to feel like the Jeff Teague-Dennis Schröder partnership is approaching its breaking point. Utah won't deal rotation guys for someone on an expiring deal, and Teague has two years left on his contract. A Burke and Burks package for Teague and filler might work for both teams. Utah snares a clear upgrade in the right age range, and it sacrifices a backup and a No. 3 wing behind Hood and Hayward. Atlanta netting Burke softens the blow of losing Teague, and Burks would provide protection in case some rival makes a monster offer for Kent Bazemore in free agency.

That's a dicey deal. Atlanta wants to make another run at Cleveland, and it has had major trust issues internally with Schröder. For Utah, ditching Burks without any assurance Hayward re-signs is a gamble. Teague may not bring enough shooting or defense to fit Utah's point guard model. The most likely scenario might be Utah using its cap space to rent an unused backup, such asD.J. Augustin or Mo Williams, that could punch up the offense and at least push Neto and Burke

Edited by rd79

• Premium Member

Who wouldn't have trust issues with a 22 year old point guard?  He's still growing and learning and physically maturing.  And Bud seems to be trusting him more as time goes on.

And I wouldn't pass on adding talent now because they want to make a run at Cleveland.  We've seen what happens against them with this roster.  The Hawks are not beating Cleveland as is.

• Like 2

Burke and Burks is not bad value for Jeff but doesn't solve the issue of us needing a true SF. Clearly, like the article says, unless Atlanta thinks Bazemore is too pricey and is looking to add a SF in Free Agency. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, rd79 said:

Zach Lowe writes it in an artice about Utah (and some suggestions).

Does he know something we would like to know too or is he just guessing about the two games Dennis sat out?

Full Article about Utah

Hayward resigned last summer. I don't get that. Snyder coached in ATL not too long ago so if they get Teague he should be able to pick up the system quickly.  Augustin may be realistic. I doubt Cavs trade Mo, he's better than Delly. Good trade for Hawks and Jazz if Burke/Burks for Teague goes down. 

Another thing that may help Teague, him playing in Utah may have the same effect on his play like how it for Marvin when he left ATL. Maybe Teague can't handle the pressure playing for a contender and may just need to go somewhere low key like Utah where the expectations won't be as high.

• Admin

I have trust issues with Dennis too ... I get ansi when he is out there too long .. he is talented and when he plays humble he plays well but when he gets too much confidence he gets cocky and plays that me first game.  

If one had to go I would prefer Jeff stay but his contract might be easier to trade  

• Like 2

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

So many trust issues that he has been closing out games instead of Teague?

It may relate to the period in which he was benched.  We've never really understood the reason for the benching.

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Welp, Chris Mannix flat out says his sources say the Hawks are soliciting deals for either Jeff or Dennis - primarily Jeff.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status/692357162883010560

I had some mindless work that I could listen to the podcat and I don't trust these guys. They couldn't even pronounce Dennis' last name right. It sounded like they were saying SHRAY-der kinda like Hank in Breaking Bad. what the *bleep* is wrong with these idiot northerners?

Mispronunciation is a bit like grammar/typos. It doesn't necessarily mean you're a total doofus, but it sure as hell doesn't make you look smart. It's like pronouncing the B in dumb.

1 minute ago, hawksfanatic said:

I had some mindless work that I could listen to the podcat and I don't trust these guys. They couldn't even pronounce Dennis' last name right. It sounded like they were saying SHRAY-der kinda like Hank in Breaking Bad. what the *bleep* is wrong with these idiot northerners?

Mispronunciation is a bit like grammar/typos. It doesn't necessarily mean you're a total doofus, but it sure as hell doesn't make you look smart. It's like pronouncing the B in dumb.

Glad you took one for the team and listened to it.

Agree on stupid northerners.  The bad thing is that they think they're so much smarter than everyone else.  Man, who here fits that bill?  *cough* @MaceCase *cough*

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Glad you took one for the team and listened to it.

Agree on stupid northerners.  The bad thing is that they think they're so much smarter than everyone else.  Man, who here fits that bill?  *cough* @MaceCase *cough*

Hey now...that's not necessary!

4 hours ago, hawksfanatic said:

Wait...what? 

The is B is SILENT?!

Damn, my public Missouri education strikes again...