• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Please trade everyone, blow this team up, and fire all of the coaches

Lurker

Blowing it up wouldn't be so bad if you guys had solid answers but usually it's of the one star type. 

I said it a 100 times. You have the bigs. You have Dennis and Mack. Teague is gonna have to get this team a wing we covet. No other way around it. 

• Like 2

So if I am reading this right, we send everyone out and nobody comes back in. This is brilliant. That was they can't win or lose because there will be no team left!

Seriously, just go find something else to watch on TV if your whole solution is "get rid of everybody". 

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 hours ago, benhillboy said:

You still got any love for Lantz make em Dantz?

It's crazy to think Splitter is that important.  Looking at the splits with and without him, it's hard not to draw that conclusion, though.

To me this is a BS theory that Bud keeps putting forward.   Splitter is so important because he's our ONLY nba big on the bench.   So basically when he's not available we really have no one on the bench to come in and play center, defend the paint, rebound.   And he's not that great at those things.   

So this constantly putting forth the theory that we are so much better with Splitter amounts to saying : 

Splitter is a lot better than having nobody as a backup C.

14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Obviously we need Derek Fisher as HC

Dude, how dare you.  Don't you realize Bob Weiss is available?!

Ah well, doesn't matter.  That's the Louisville Hawks problem now.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Dude, how dare you.  Don't you realize Bob Weiss is available?!

Ah well, doesn't matter.  That's the Louisville Hawks problem now.

I remember even as a non bitter kid growing up, I still wanted to ring Bob Weiss's neck.

Not that it necessarily means anything, but John & Hugh on 92.9 seem to think Ressler will not tolerate mediocre results, and if things don't improve there will be major changes in the off season.  (I got the distinct impression he was talking about Bud as well as players.)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Not that it necessarily means anything, but John & Hugh on 92.9 seem to think Ressler will not tolerate mediocre results, and if things don't improve there will be major changes in the off season.  (I got the distinct impression he was talking about Bud as well as players.)

F*ck all them radio hosts.  They don't know sh*t.  Matter of fact, they wouldn't know sh*t if it came outta their own a**es.

Excuse my English.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I wouldn't be totally surprised but I think you really have to have your eyes closed to think Bud isn't a really good coach.   I could see bringing in an experienced GM though.     As much as I do fault Bud for some of the inconsistent play, we just have a shortage of top notch nba talent.  

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

F*ck all them radio hosts.  They don't know sh*t.  Matter of fact, they wouldn't know sh*t if it came outta their own a**es.

Excuse my English.

That was English?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Excuse my English.

You mad bro?

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I wouldn't be totally surprised but I think you really have to have your eyes closed to think Bud isn't a really good coach.   I could see bringing in an experienced GM though.     As much as I do fault Bud for some of the inconsistent play, we just have a shortage of top notch nba talent.  

That was English?

It, for d*mn sure, wasn't French.

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

You mad bro?

Nah, I'm PISSED!  There's no eggscuse for the quality of play this team has exhibited this season.  Add that on top of my beloved Yellow Jackets sucking it up on the hardwood for yet another season, all while sitting gently nestled in one of the top 2-3 hotbeds for HS basketball talent, and I'm not a happy camper.  Ah well, at least we have the Barves to look forward to ... nope, they gonna suck out loud too.

As far as these radio guys go, I hate that they present themselves as eggsperts or that they have all these sources.

Why is everyone surprised, we won with a gimmick last year, a nice system that worked when everything went right and teams took a minute to figure it out, the players even said it themselves, the teams have figured us out - and we dont have the athletes to combat it.  There is no choice but to try and get better players/talent and that is what is going to happen. Its just a matter of time,  what I will be pissed about is if we get nothing for Horford and let him walk cuz wee know we cant do anything with him here.  We need high picks and talented guys we can develop period.  Sap is fine but even he is playing within the system, how well does he play when horford and teague are gone.  

Just look at how much faster the other teams players are, except Mavs and thats the perfect matchup for us.  Look at Gordon all over the place last night playing def.  Both there shooting gaurds doing things our SG and SF could only dream about, all there players in early 20's all our players in 30s so we outsmart some teams sometiems, this was a flawed idea to begin with as with all pro sports, too many older players and eventually you just cant keep up.  Thats whats happening here.   and ppl want Tobias Hariis ??!?!? lol 

Edited by hylndr11

40 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

That was English?

But Ferry built this team.  The talent is there.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Watchman said:

Heard it also and they were spitballing at best and many of the points made by those guys are epic struggle and make zero sense.  Mike Conti had to remind them that Ressler was who extended Bud and handed him the keys to the franchise.  Not saying Bud won't be held accountable, but he's not on the hot seat.

The Hawks haven't picked in the lottery since 2007.  Considering how long this team has went without rebuilding, there is no shame in taking a step back for a set number of years. At some point, this team will have to undergo a rebuild. Continuing to resist the inevitable at some point becomes harmful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guard said:

The Hawks haven't picked in the lottery since 2007.  Considering how long this team has went without rebuilding, there is no shame in taking a step back for a set number of years. At some point, this team will have to undergo a rebuild. Continuing to resist the inevitable at some point becomes harmful.

You never have to rebuild.  Our problem is refusing to value the draft.  That's where our dearth of young talent comes from.  It's a problem that can be fixed without bottoming out.