• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks may entertain deals for Al Horford, Jeff Teague at deadline

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Interesting that it is not just Horford and Teague in the rumors but Millsap is being considered as well. I have no problems with a full blown rebuild but we have to get better pieces than George freakin' Hill of all people.

What stood out to me was Bud's talk about Korver and Horford being critical to what we do but mainly mentioning which goes in line with my talk about Millsap is tradable for the right deal more so than Horford. Millsap for Griffin is far more intriguing than Horford. He solves our #1 option issue and Horford can cover for his weaknesses 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What stood out to me was Bud's talk about Korver and Horford being critical to what we do but mainly mentioning which goes in line with my talk about Millsap is tradable for the right deal more so than Horford. Millsap for Griffin is far more intriguing than Horford. He solves our #1 option issue and Horford can cover for his weaknesses 

who will covers for Horford's weaknesses?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

My affinity for my Jeff-to-MIL deal is fading.  I have a new love for my Sap/Jeff-to-Utah for Favors/Hood or Burks.

@TheNorthCydeRises Lantz is playing better because he's not a focal point there.  He would be that here, thus his awful play would return.

That's a poor deduction.  Lance went to Charlotte thinking he was going to be a star.  There would be no misunderstanding what his role here would be.   He'd be a good fit here, because he's an unselfish player.  Plus he's willing to crash the glass and "steal" rebounds.

Out of all the scenarios I've seen, probably one of the most logical ones was Horford for Deng and Whiteside.  All are on expiring deals and Horford and Bosh would be good side by side (both are stretch 4/5 and Whiteside gives us a legit center and long SF.  Inter-divisional trades almost never happen, but I thought it was at least interesting.  Think of the defensive lineup we could run out there with that though....

Bazemore, Sefalosha, Deng, Millsap, Whiteside

Dudes couldn't get off a shot with that length!  

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's a poor deduction.  Lance went to Charlotte thinking he was going to be a star.  There would be no misunderstanding what his role here would be.   He'd be a good fit here, because he's an unselfish player.  Plus he's willing to crash the glass and "steal" rebounds.

Why would you assume he won't come here expecting to be our star?

His game has always looked like a homerun on paper but he's not worked anywhere but IND.  Why?

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Horford can block shots but doing that means he's not rebounding. I can't see the Clips trading us Blake for Millsap.

Cover spaces like a NFL CB, defends man, paint and the perimeter,  PnR, PnP defense,  lateral quickness and BBIQ. 

1 minute ago, Dragitoff said:

Out of all the scenarios I've seen, probably one of the most logical ones was Horford for Deng and Whiteside.  All are on expiring deals and Horford and Bosh would be good side by side (both are stretch 4/5 and Whiteside gives us a legit center and long SF.  Inter-divisional trades almost never happen, but I thought it was at least interesting.  Think of the defensive lineup we could run out there with that though....

We can't resign Whiteside. He has Carroll's rights. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Cover spaces like a NFL CB, defends man, paint and the perimeter,  PnR, PnP defense,  lateral quickness and BBIQ. 

Yes, I know what Horford can do but you didn't answer the question about who covers up Horford's weakness at rebounding. Griffin?

2 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I'd do that trade.

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Yes, I know what Horford can do but you didn't answer the question about who covers up Horford's weakness at rebounding. Griffin?

I'd do that trade.

Bazemore has more rebounding chances than anyone on this roster including Sap. The person you might want to ask about rebounding is Coach Bud.

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

But but but apparently demarre carroll makes the difference in 15-18 wins. bwahahahahahahahaha

No. The element of surprise caught the team last season. Repeat that season with the same players, and they are the 9th-10th best team.

*the element of surprise caught the league last season from this team

I remember saying this before.... It's one thing to sneak up on and surprise some teams... Playing at the same level while the target is on your back is something else.

2 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I remember saying this before.... It's one thing to sneak up on and surprise some teams... Playing at the same level while the target is on your back is something else.

This is not true. There is a clear difference with the starting five. The only reason why we are over .500 is our bench is much better. 

6 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

The team started slipping after the winning streak ended last year. 

We started slipping but we were still winning games. Having only one guy who could play wing on the roster due to Thabo injury killed us. Bazemore was a horrible fit on last year's team. His personnel fits were horrendous. He's not much better for us this year either but no where nearly as bad. 

3 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

"He's not much better for us this year either but no where nearly as bad. "

I was with u on the Baze Conundrum thread but you are reading what you are writing, no

Yet, Bazemore impact wise is not as bad for us for but ability was, he is nowhere near as bad. yeah, I didn't proofread this.