• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Put your rep on the line......

HawkItus

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Good job for not making a bad deal.

Wins 48 games ... secures 3rd seed ... beats Miami and Toronto to get to the ECF

Tavares becomes a key role player down the stretch and into the playoffs.

My thoughts exactly only I believe we win 50....need to go 19-8...very possible.

Nope, i don't see them making it.
Toronto has embarrassed us 4 out of the last 5 times we played them.  They will also have homecourt. They beat out this year without Valanciunas...i believe..
And our best playoff performer  from last years team is now A Raptor....

They would get thumped again by the Cavs if they played them in the 2nd round.  Their front court has 3 rebounders that out rebound our Center.
Couple the Cavs offensive rebounds with Lebron getting evey call , and  the  Hawks not getting to the freethrow line and livng/dying by the 3...
Maybe we can win a game this time , that would be it.

Oh gladly! Please make me eat crow! Hawks will win round 1 I will give them that but I doubt they win round 2 if they are a 5th seed and lower since they would have to face the cavs who will likely keep the 1 seed. Oh and if we do make it back to the ECF it will be against Cleveland and they going to torture this team even worst than last year...and I'm talkin 20-30 point leads in all 4 games (Swept)...PLEASE MAKE ME EAT CROW

LOL, we can't even beat bad teams consistently ... how are we supposed to beat good teams in the playoffs to get to the ECF??
We are now 10 - 12 IN 2016 ,  and we have to go 19 - 7 to finish with 50 wins..  Also , our remaining schedule is one of the toughest  in the nba, ..so the odds are stacked against them.

I don't have any shots to take. My thinking is we did try to move Teague at the deadline and no one was offering comparable value for a PG who is just one season removed from being a all star.

I don't think anyone that was traded was worth Teagues value. Morris is a head case and not worth Teague, Jeff Green is a nice piece but not equal value. The Bucks were rumored to be selling MCW, but to me without a pick thrown in was not enough for Teague. D12 would have cost us two of these four just to make the money work: Milsap, Horford, Korver, Teague; and the rumormill was suggesting they wanted a pick thrown in for any D12 trade.

We will have to see what happens at draft time. Someones player, point guard, gets taken and a team could very well make a move for Teague. Very few point guards are ready to take over their 1st year in the league. Teague has proven he is more than just ready.

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This team ain't no ECF team. They need a better SF 

What is a SF gonna do? Unless that SF is better than Sap and Horford it wont put us over the top.. It would make us better than we are now...i agree with that..
But if Sap and Horford are our 2 best players , we wont compete at a championship level. We need a real number 1 option.

• Like 2

ok , another loss... 10- 13 in 2016. and we have to go 19 -6 to win 50 games , 
and the Warriors are next......

If this season keeps going this way,  then i will have not choice but to nominate this thread for the Hawksquawk HOF. Put it right next to that thread where someone 
guaranteed Marvin would score 25 to 30 points , because Joe Johnson was out. ...Marv scored 2 points :laugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This team ain't no ECF team. They need a better SF

And looking back at how things have gone since 2016 started, this may actually be right in that even an average SF would make a difference. Because 10 losses have been close. Cut those into even just half and it's a whole different game.

This team should be a 3 seed and make it to the ECF.  

I keep waiting for the "switch to flip" but it just hasn't.  It's confusing.  Sans only DeMarre, we are a shell of the team we were last year.  It's baffling.

No shots at Bud here.  Reigning coach of the year.  Hasn't made a move that I think was a terrible one in hindsight.

10 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

This team should be a 3 seed and make it to the ECF.  

I keep waiting for the "switch to flip" but it just hasn't.  It's confusing.  Sans only DeMarre, we are a shell of the team we were last year.  It's baffling.

No shots at Bud here.  Reigning coach of the year.  Hasn't made a move that I think was a terrible one in hindsight.

The proverbial switch.  Millsap said something similar.  If that's what they are thinking they're in for a rude awakening.

These guys aren't good enough to be switch flippers.