• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Whats your true feelings about this years playoffs for our Hawks?

JTB

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm extremely pissed that our Hawks didn't take advantage to be 3rd seed mostly to avoid lebron in the 2nd round....this was the worst thing that could happen this season. 

Forgive me for looking to far ahead as I know we have to take care of the Celtics but I'm very confident that the Hawks will win that series. Not to say Boston can't but if the Hawks play with a chip on their shoulders like they should I see the Hawks winning in 5 or 6.

But for me as a Hawks fan that has seen this team go to 9 straight playoffs....knowing in the back of my mind that lebron is next up on the list if we do get past the 1st round...that alone has me all but very uninspired about this years playoffs. 

Im just being completely honest about it. I've been saying it all year long no one in the east is going to beat lebron but I did want the Hawks to get back to the ECF to gain some exposure so that maybe some top line free agents will look our way! But unfortunately I see another 2nd round exit and pretty much another flat off season coming up.

But no matter what I will always be a die hard Hawks fan and Hawks fan only....so Go Hawks!....I'm hoping for a miracle in this years playoffs!

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm extremely pissed that our Hawks didn't take advantage to be 3rd seed mostly to avoid lebron in the 2nd round....this was the worst thing that could happen this season. 

Forgive me for looking to far ahead as I know we have to take care of the Celtics but I'm very confident that the Hawks will win that series. Not to say Boston can't but if the Hawks play with a chip on their shoulders like they should I see the Hawks winning in 5 or 6.

But for me as a Hawks fan that has seen this team go to 9 straight playoffs....knowing in the back of my mind that lebron is next up on the list if we do get past the 1st round...that alone has me all but very uninspired about this years playoffs. 

Im just being completely honest about it. I've been saying it all year long no one in the east is going to beat lebron but I did want the Hawks to get back to the ECF to gain some exposure so that maybe some top line free agents will look our way! But unfortunately I see another 2nd round exit and pretty much another flat off season coming up.

But no matter what I will always be a die hard Hawks fan and Hawks fan only....so Go Hawks!....I'm hoping for a miracle in this years playoffs!

"If they play with a chip on their shoulders like they should"?  When have they ever played that way for more than a game or two?

I think they should win v BOS.  Will they?  It's totally up for grabs.  No result will surprise me.  If BOS came in and 3-game swept us, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

I'm kinda thinking, if they had that chip on their shoulder at all, we would've seen it last night.  We didn't.  We saw them put freaking Kirk and the Gang in late in the 4th to save face as if we had intended to rest our guys or something.  WAS is a team with a lame-duck coach, they knew it before our game and they had the heart to come out and out play us in a game that didn't matter to them at all.

All that venting said, I do believe they'll put it together to eek past BOS.  It'll probably take 7 games after which they'll talk about how important homecourt is and blah, blah, blah ...  Meanwhile the Calfs will be resting after their lite-series with the Piztons.  And ... well, let's just say that'll be a difficult series for us.

Like you, I'm hoping for a miracle moment.  Am I putting a mortgage payment on it .......................

............................................ probably nah.

Best case scenario, they get past Boston and Cleveland implodes which has got to happen at some point. I live in Nashville and was considering driving down on Saturday to catch the game, but have decided I am not going to spend my money on Hawks first round playoff games anymore 

• Like 1

This loss pisses me off but I'm not surprised. This team has had their head up their collective asses all season long when we play teams missing starters. 

On a night when the game really mattered they wet the bed. This mentality won't get them far in the playoffs.  Like I said before, we may not have that superstar but we also don't have that leader on the  floor to rally the troops.

Do I think we should beat Boston, hell yea...will we, who knows wirh this Jekyll and Hyde team.

When Indy beats Toronto, we'll be kicking ourselves even more for pissing away this game.

• Moderators

I got my Celtics, yay! I like playing series against teams that hold sway among the vox populi, and the Hornets just ain't it. And now, if we have to deal with either Joe or Marvin as an impediment to The Finals, it'll have to be in the ECFs. Works for me!

It's been 58 years since a Hawks team sent a Celtics team packing, so let's not make it 59!

I get to run my mouth about the Celts in a couple days anyway, so I'll just try to hold my tongue about them. Although I will say...

Kelly Olynyk, I Know What You Did Last Spring, so watch it, pal! Also, the #VOLTOUT Green plus the Lucky Leprechaun Green in the stands at Thrillips are gonna make both teams shoot like 29% from the field. Heck, kinda like last night! Together with the Celtics' locals, we gonna be looking like one big jello mold in the stands.

~lw3

• Like 3

Just another year where the Hawks will lose in round 1 or 2. What is the old saying your either first or last.Every off season we see what management does to get better. They bring in questionable players and hope Bud can make them alot better. I can't get excited about the playoffs since you know the Hawks don't have the leaders to go to when times our tough.

• Premium Member

I know a lot of people aren't happy about losing last night but it really isn't that big of a deal to me. Yeah, we didn't win the division but nobody seemed to care that we won it last year. The effort wasn't great but how much did they really want to win this game?  Getting into the playoffs healthy was probably our #1 objective and they probably mentally checked out when they saw the scores in the other games.

Personally, I didn't want to see Miami in the first round. Wade would be shooting foul shots all game, Whiteside would be grabbing 15-20 rebounds and Joe would come back and hit some clutch shots. We wouldn't even get to have our desirable second round matchup. If you want to get out of the East you are going to have to go through Cleveland anyways, so playing them in the second or third round doesn't matter.

Regarding Boston--they won't be easy. It'll be tough playing up in Boston and we will have a lot of Celtics fans in our arena. We went 3-1 against them this year and have better talent so I think we can win this series in 6/7 games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

i can't go saturday and am extra pissed i won't get this tshirt.  Especially after last year's tshirt debacle.

volt_story.jpg?itok=bPfgNwfP

Hehehehehe I love the kumho tires on the sleeve....kumho always gets me :-) Honestly they have such an awesome product with a horrible name. Lol

8 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Hehehehehe I love the kumho tires on the sleeve....kumho always gets me :-) Honestly they have such an awesome product with a horrible name. Lol

Gary, what's this fool talkin' about?

Gary Coleman Skeptical

I don't know either, bro but they keep letting him talk.

#VacationsOvah

My true feelings? You want the truth? Well YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!! (I'm working on my Jack Nicolson-Costanza)...

Truth is I think that we:

Beat Boston in 6 games (bye Felicia)

Beat the Cavs in 6 games (Ya I said it)

Beat the Heat in 7 games (be good Riley)

Lose to the Spurs in 5 games..( the teacher takes it to the pupil then they both go and get drunk with Sager).

And that's the truth!!!

Oh, also I agree with @JayBirdHawk that thePacers will beat the Raps, I'm gonna say in 6 or 7.

Also, I'm happy for @lethalweapon3 and @AHF and myself. I think we all really really hate the Celtics as an organization from Gorman and Heinsohn to Bird, McHale and Ainge to that their stocky (not buff) Asian assistant trainer to their leprechaun looking head trainer with the point nose to kg, Paulette, Rage ooooonnn and their Baaaaaston crowd. (That includes you, SethMcFarken, Fat Damon and Ben AFF..) ok I'm done...sorry for the rant but I just can't stand these guys...oh, if somebody held me at gun point to pick my fav Celtics squad, it would be the mid 90's team with Nique, Dino Radja and DanaBarros...(always loved Dana from his Supersonic days with a young Kemp, he was a chucker but so what...)

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Gary, what's this fool talkin' about?

Gary Coleman Skeptical

I don't know either, bro but they keep letting him talk.

#VacationsOvah

Lol...the trick is not to pronounce it KoomHo and just let your natural instinct take over...pretend you're with Snoop (and apparently Mike Tirico) and just have that "for shizzle my nizzle" feeling...:-|

11 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...the trick is not to pronounce it KoomHo and just let your natural instinct take over...pretend you're with Snoop (and apparently Mike Tirico) and just have that "for shizzle my nizzle" feeling...:-|

chuffed

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This loss pisses me off but I'm not surprised. This team has had their head up their collective asses all season long when we play teams missing starters. 

On a night when the game really mattered they wet the bed. This mentality won't get them far in the playoffs.  Like I said before, we may not have that superstar but we also don't have that leader on the  floor to rally the troops.

Do I think we should beat Boston, hell yea...will we, who knows wirh this Jekyll and Hyde team.

When Indy beats Toronto, we'll be kicking ourselves even more for pissing away this game.

What she said.

They could have had a much better-looking scenario than this, but they crapped the bed. What can I do? Just watch the games and root for them, I will.

• Like 1

Hawks in 6/7 games

Then Cavaliers in 5, and we go back to having an argument about what should the team to do to improve, with the nega's howling about how all of the coaches and FO people should be fired as their plan of looking to team build instead of taking risks for a legitimate superstar will never EVER work, the people in between asking for a trade to be made for at least a B+ type wing, if not even more than that (trading Jeff Teague for some legitimate talent), and the posi's saying that everything is fine, all we need to do is stand pat and get a big SF.

I suspect the argument will mainly be the in between people vs the nega's.

Bonus: Pacers upset the Raptors in the first round.

• Premium Member

I can see this series going either way, but...

1-This Celtics team has some fight in them;

2-The Hawks' playoff history verses the Celtics is pretty woeful;

3-The league will probably favor the Celtics with calls as they probably would prefer to see the younger team with a brighter future against the Cavs rather than a repeat of last year's ECF.

• Like 1