• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What Happened to Kris?

Dragitoff

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but what happened to Kris Humphries in game 1?  He'd been a key part of the rotation down the stretch and I don't believe he saw the court Saturday.  Did I miss something on him?  I thought his buyout and signing took place in time for him to make the roster or was there a health or CD that caused him to not play?  

• Premium Member

So let me get this straight...Humphries is being punished because Dennis is sucking?  And other players are clearly struggling with the match but yet they continue to play and accomplish nothing while on the court?  Bud is truly a sacred cow along with Korver and Dennis!

• Like 2

Have you been under a rock? The Humphries at C lineup was exposed big time after it worked in March. If he plays at all it has to be as a PF but then you shouldn't use THREE players in one playing spot in one game without it being a blowout or there being an injury.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Have you been under a rock? The Humphries at C lineup was exposed big time after it worked in March. If he plays at all it has to be as a PF but then you shouldn't use THREE players in one playing spot in one game without it being a blowout or there being an injury.

I guess I did miss that because it seemed like Kris was giving the Hawks the rebounding and toughness they were lacking and since he had expanded his shooting range this season, he also continued with the concept of stretching the floor.  It's no knock on Moose, but I felt Kris was a better rebounder and defender, even if smaller than him.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Think so to. Dennis his succes is very much dependent on the backup center setting good screens and Al Horford's pick-r/p game. Both have sucked since Dennis sucks.

Dennis' sucking has nothing to do with Al or Hump....Dennis is doing an admirable job sucking all on his own.

His defense has also taken a tumble.  Individually and team defense.

4 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I guess I did miss that because it seemed like Kris was giving the Hawks the rebounding and toughness they were lacking and since he had expanded his shooting range this season, he also continued with the concept of stretching the floor.  It's no knock on Moose, but I felt Kris was a better rebounder and defender, even if smaller than him.

Kris Humphries month of March +/-: +2.1

April: -5.3 (-7.4 worse than March)

Kris Humphries in March rebounding rate: 8.7% OREB and 18.7% DREB

April: 3.4% OREB and 14.8% DREB

April ORTG: 82 March ORTG: 109.2 (I think)

Nope, he's been exposed at C and him playing there won't help.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

And Muscala has been offensive rebounding better than Humphries, although in a SSS.

By the way @Lurker , Scott met your criteria for minutes and he still only got 18 minutes while Korver  played 32 minutes and stunk up the joint!

vor 1 Stunde, JayBirdHawk sagte:

Dennis' sucking has nothing to do with Al or Hump....Dennis is doing an admirable job sucking all on his own.

His defense has also taken a tumble.  Individually and team defense.

Of course it has, to a great extend. If his shots would fall he would have another varaiable in his favor making the game more easy for him, that is true. However they dont, and so that combination with the lack of screens ala Antic/Splitter he isnt getting the space he needs to penetrate effectively. Humpries doesnt have that at all. He's a poor mans David Lee. The Dennis + Al game has been long gone before Dennis really fell of a cliff. Teams are preparing extra for since it was the Hawks most effective set mid-season. However they need to find a way to throw it in to the mix more often at unprepared times and that is on Al's and Bud's shoulder as well.

Also show me a stat that his personal defense is bad. Nonsense. Chris f***ing Humpries sucking is now also Dennis's fault. Sure. They didnt mesh from the get-go. Its the other way around.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

Oh Im not suprised. Fanboards say: penetrators spacing-shots not falling = defense bad cuz game sucks. Fanboards say: rebounding good  = defense good/tough guy and only not good cuz guy with bad shot, bad penetrating, bad defense is PG. That sort of pitchfork stuff...

Edited by DS17Fanboy

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Dragitoff said:

Kris shot 29% in April and was rebounding at a paltry 6.7 rebounds per 36 minutes... Maybe there's a reason he was traded and cut by two of the worst teams in the NBA?

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I have no idea what he just said so I'll let @JayBirdHawk respond to that one

I'll try...

19 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Of course it has, to a great extend. If his shots would fall he would have another varaiable in his favor making the game more easy for him, that is true. However they dont, and so that combination with the lack of screens ala Antic/Splitter he isnt getting the space he needs to penetrate effectively. Humpries doesnt have that at all. He's a poor mans David Lee. The Dennis + Al game has been long gone before Dennis really fell of a cliff. Teams are preparing extra for since it was the Hawks most effective set mid-season. However they need to find a way to throw it in to the mix more often at unprepared times and that is on Al's and Bud's shoulder as well.

Also show me a stat that his personal defense is bad. Nonsense. Chris f***ing Humpries sucking is now also Dennis's fault. Sure. They didnt mesh from the get-go. Its the other way around.

Dennis has been impatient and rushing shots and not facilitating the offense.   Dennis is still getting to the paint with ease but just not finishing, wether it's that teams have adjusted or he's hit the proverbial wall I don't know.  He has been turning the ball over too much  and his energy, aggressiveness and focus on defense has not been there.   All his shots are short which screams - fatigue.

Dennis is supposed to be our one constant off the bench - he hasn't been to end the season.  So you may want stats and numbers etc - I know what my eyes tell me.

Can he bounce back?  I sure hope so because we need his contributions.  Do I still believe he'll be good? Yes....But there is no denying his recent struggles. 

3 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Oh Im not suprised. Fanboards say: penetrators spacing-shots not falling = defense bad. Fanboards say: rebounding good  = defense good/tough guy. That sort of stuff...

Yeah...no..confused....I have no idea what that means.