• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could Thomas get suspended?

Former NBA VP Stu Jackson seems to think a suspension is warranted.  At least if this account does in fact belong to him.

2 hours ago - View on Twitter
Great performance by @Isaiah_Thomas however won't get chance to back it up in game 4 Predicting suspension for swing/contact @DennisMike93

61SUBSCRIBE NOWAs low as 99¢

HAWKS

VIEW CAPTION

Budenholzer expects NBA review of Thomas hitting Schröder

212:41 a.m. April 23 by Chris Vivlamore / The Atlanta Journal-ConstitutionBOSTON Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer expects the NBA to review an incident in which the Celtics’ Isaiah Thomas struck the Hawks’ Dennis Schröder in the head during the first quarter of Game 3 of their playoff series Friday."">Replays clearly showed Thomas hit Schröder in the head by moving his arm upward as the two were running down court. Moments later, they had to be separated when Schröder was called for a foul on Thomas. Referees reviewed that incident and assessed double technical fouls.“I have seen it back in the locker room,” Budenholzer said of the incident. “My thoughts are the league will review it. The league does a thorough job on all things like this. They have high standards. All teams are aware of their emphasis during the playoffs.”League policy is to review all technical fouls. Thomas faces a possible suspension should the league deem the blow deliberate.(Jeff Schultz’s take with video of the incident)Thomas scored a career-high 42 points in the Celtics’ 111-103 victory in the Eastern Conference first-round playoff series. The Hawks lead the best-of-seven series, 2-1.Schröder said one of the referees apologized to him at halftime, saying he didn’t see the incident."">“I’m not going to let nobody slap me in my face,” Schröder told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I told (Thomas) that. If you want to play like that, we’ll play like that. I was mad.”Thomas said following the game that he is not concerned about a league review and possible suspension.“I’m not because I didn’t mean to hit him in the head,” Thomas said. “He got mad. He was talking but it’s playoff basketball. That’s what it’s about. I’m not going to back down from anybody. And he knows that.”After the double technical fouls, the game also featured three Flagrant I fouls, including one on Schröder.Following the game, Schröder posted on social media a picture of Thomas hitting him with the following comment (sic): “Woow … they calling a flagrant foul on me! Where I try to protect myself!!! But Isiah Thomas can hit me in the face!” The posted was soon deleted.Al Horford said he thinks such incidences need to be handled in-game.“I feel like they look the other way on that kind of stuff,” Horford told the AJC. “Those kind of issues need to be addressed in-game. I mean after the game, it’s too late.”Kyle Korver said he did not see the incident during the game. However, he noted teams were warned about such actions before the start of the playoffs.“I know that Bud read us a really long memo before the playoffs started saying what would happen if you threw a punch,” Korver said. “So, I guess we’ll see what happens.

• Like 1

Suspended how exactly?  All they will do is assess a flagrant foul which does what?  The game is over.  Same thing with the league giving Draymond a flagrant the day after.  What does that accomplish?

The league  won't  do anything.

Very convenient for the refs to 'not see anything '

Just like they didn't  see IT grabbing Sap's  leg in the final reg. Season game  and did nothing.

Like @Trout7 said - if that was Dennis they would have seen it.

EVERY source out there on the internet and also on NBA TV says that no question, Thomas should be suspended.    Will be very interesting to see how this goes down.  I admit it wasn't much of a blow to Dennis' head and it looked like it didn't even hurt Dennis, but a suspension should be coming based on the intent and if you go by the league rules.

3 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

They suspended Al in the Cleveland series for a very similar act that he didn't even connect on. Al actually had justification because Delladova was trying to cut block him in an NBA game. 

They did not suspend Al for that. They threw him out of the game when it happened. This was a bit of Al's beef with the officials after tonight's game, it needed to be addressed at the time but wasn't.

In college football and basketball, you can go back during a game and review if a punch was thrown....I think you can do that in the NBA as well. Why the hell didn't they review this during the actual game and throw his punk ass out? That's incompetence and the refs should be punished for that.

24 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

In college football and basketball, you can go back during a game and review if a punch was thrown....I think you can do that in the NBA as well. Why the hell didn't they review this during the actual game and throw his punk ass out? That's incompetence and the refs should be punished for that.

They will, and I'm thinking flagrant 2 and a fine but no suspension. However if they decide to find that it's a closed fist, Thomas will get suspended.

53 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

They did not suspend Al for that. They threw him out of the game when it happened. This was a bit of Al's beef with the officials after tonight's game, it needed to be addressed at the time 

You're right. It's it too late for me to say I mis-remembered like Roger Clemons? :ahf:

Edited by ATLien_

It's pretty black and white.  He fits the criteria of what warrants a suspension. The fact that Stu Jackson even hinted that it could be a difficult choice to make because of Isaiah Thomas being an important player to Boston pretty much tells me nothing will happen.  The importance of a player should never be a factor in a situation like this.  Either the player gets suspended because he a violated a clear rule or he doesn't.  It shouldn't make a difference if it's the reining league MVP or the last guy off the bench for the 76ers.  

• Like 3

Yup. Honestly it shouldn't matter if it's Muscala or Lebron. Letter of the law in the NBA calls for a 1 game suspension. This is on the refs incompetence during the game and now it's on the league. If they don't suspend him it's a joke.