• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What Will It Take To Make You Happy In Cavs Series

Trout7

• Premium Member

There's a whole lot of B.S. on here.   Lot of fans dragging their feet kissing Lebron's feet.   I don't want to see us "give them a good game."... BS.. I want to see us win... AND WE CAN.

We have one of the best defenses in the league.   Our offense can be a problem for most of the league.. when we play it.   This is not last year.  Last year, we faced a more in tuned version of the Cavs and we were injured all over the place.  This year, we face a Cavs team that is disjointed and are just putting up an appearance.  This team is ready to fold as soon as they are under pressure.  We'll we are the pressure bringing.

Here's how I see it.

They will go to Love and Sap will shut that down.   They will go to Kyrie and he will not have an easy day.  So Lebron will take over and piss everybody off.  In the meanwhile, our offense will have it's way.

The only intangible are the refs. IF the game is called fairly, we may win in 5.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

They will go to Love and Sap will shut that down.   They will go to Kyrie and he will not have an easy day.  So Lebron will take over and piss everybody off.  In the meanwhile, our offense will have it's way.

Agree on the first point, 100% disagree on the second if Kyrie is played off the ball a lot. Teague has major, MAJOR problems with off ball defense. Teague will have his way offensively with Kyrie but if they play him off the ball a lot, that may cancel his offense out.

13 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Then why do you ask Mr. Know it all?

I thought I read something wrong when I saw that game four was Sunday.  We were just on different pages..you and I.

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

I thought I read something wrong when I saw that game four was Sunday.  We were just on different pages..you and I.

I know I was only kidding :-)

If our threes actually hit a little better and our team defense is all over the Cavs it should be a tighter series than ESPN would ever consider. Hoping Thabo gets over half of the SF minutes to at least irritate  their charging machine. Maybe the refs will have some fear of the last two minute video (unlikely). Go Hawks! 

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

There's a whole lot of B.S. on here.   Lot of fans dragging their feet kissing Lebron's feet.   I don't want to see us "give them a good game."... BS.. I want to see us win... AND WE CAN.

We have one of the best defenses in the league.   Our offense can be a problem for most of the league.. when we play it.   This is not last year.  Last year, we faced a more in tuned version of the Cavs and we were injured all over the place.  This year, we face a Cavs team that is disjointed and are just putting up an appearance.  This team is ready to fold as soon as they are under pressure.  We'll we are the pressure bringing.

Here's how I see it.

The only intangible are the refs. IF the game is called fairly, we may win in 5.

I could admit you might be right about all this, but we are going to have to consistently start shooting better to make this come to fruition.

• Premium Member

For those of you who follow the Hawks on Facebook, there are some good videos of the players and Bud talking about the series. It's probably somewhere else too. Really good stuff--I like our mindset.

Being 5-on-8, I'll only be happy with a 7th game. We all KNOW the NBA won't allow anything beyond that. Take the LaBrawnas to 7 games and only being 1 away from back-to-back ECFs, with it being 5-on-8, will attract a star...

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Hawksfan73 said:

I don't get why Korver is getting so many  minutes. He is about as ineffective as it gets. Does he know where the bodies are hidden?

I think he doesn't trust Timmy who was 0-4 in 7 minutes.  Korver will remain ineffective as long as Teague, Sap and Al are struggling.  The Cavs will blanket him and he doesn't have the tools to create.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think he doesn't trust Timmy who was 0-4 in 7 minutes.  Korver will remain ineffective as long as Teague, Sap and Al are struggling.  The Cavs will blanket him and he doesn't have the tools to create.

Thanks for the reply. Its just really frustrating to watch. Kyle's had a tough year. I don't see it getting any better vs the Cavs.