• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford

timdawg777

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, timdawg777 said:

Sign and trade Horford for Demarcus Cousins and go hard after Durant.  Then you have enough talent to win east of you create chemistry.

Horford is more valuable than Cousins. Trading Horford for Cousins is a downgrade. Cousins may give you stats, but at a astronomical usage rate, and he has the intangibles of Josh Smith. There is a reason Sacramento is a perennial bottom feeder in this league despite his numbers. Horford is a much better compliment to Durant, without even mentioning having a literally infinite greater amount of playoff experience to Cousins. It takes more than just talent to win in the NBA.

• Like 1

Cousins has more talent and gets more stats but is a taller Osh Smith when it comes to his mental makeup. The Jesters haven't remotely improved since he arrived in town. When he guides a team to the postseason, come talk to me then...

This thread is so reactionary. Horford  is injured.  The first two games in Boston series he was on offensively and defensively.  In the third game, he injured his leg.  He's playing through it.  You even saw him grimacing in the 6th game of Boston.   The injury correlates to his offensive drop off.  He doesn't have the same burst and it may be effecting him backing players down.

Ok I've been a horford apologist for long enough. We go through a whole season and keep talking about we ready for the playoffs and you can't even bring your game Al? Wtf...if he is going to shrink in the big games, ship him off before we get stuck with a bad contract. Al horford should be embarassed and owes us a big discount. 

34 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Ok I've been a horford apologist for long enough. We go through a whole season and keep talking about we ready for the playoffs and you can't even bring your game Al? Wtf...if he is going to shrink in the big games, ship him off before we get stuck with a bad contract. Al horford should be embarassed and owes us a big discount. 

Al played like a rookie tonight. Very hesitant and In-decisive with his shots. Sometimes the shot don't fall I get that but he has to step up for us to have any chance whatsoever in this series.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

If the Hawks want to sign him to a five year deal, okay.  They are crazy if it is anywhere near max.  What about 5yrs/95 million?

I wouldn't blame him for leaving ATL then.  He deserves the 5 year max.  Maybe Hawks and Horford could compromise and give him a 2 year 50 mil  with a player option(similar to what LeBron got from CLE) so he can get the 35 percent mega-max in 2017 instead of the 30 percent max he'd get if he signed this year.

That way Al gets paid and free to go if ATL don't want to give him the 100+ mil and if ATL wants to go young in 2017-18 with Dennis, Hardaway, etc. they won't have to worry about long term salary in the way since Teague, Korver, Millsap (ETO), Scott will all be free agents next summer.

Edited by BigDog90

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

I wouldn't blame him for leaving ATL then.  He deserves the 5 year max.  Maybe Hawks and Horford could compromise and give him a 2 year 50 mil  with a player option(similar to what LeBron got from CLE) so he can get the 35 percent mega-max in 2017 instead of the 30 percent max he'd get if he signed this year. That way him, Millsap (he can opt out), Korver and Teague could all make a decision together in the summer of 2017. 

Smh.  Why does he deserve the max?  Also, if they could keep him while paying less, why wouldn't they?  Paying him max money just for the sake of it is silly and will ensure the Hawks remain the Kings of Mediocrity.

• Like 1

Just now, Jody23 said:

Smh.  Why does he deserve the max?  Also, if they could keep him while paying less, why wouldn't they?  Paying him max money just for the sake of it is silly and will ensure the Hawks remain the Kings of Mediocrity.

He's the best center ATL has had in years. Since his game doesn't rely on athleticism, he could play well into his late 30's. Why would he stay for less when others could pay him more showing they appreciate him more?

He's been loyal to ATL, took a paycut his first contract. He never was a drama queen about playing out of position despite what came out to the media. They just need to take notes from teams like POR and bring some young stars around your star players instead of ending up like the Clippers.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

He's the best center ATL has had in years. Since his game doesn't rely on athleticism, he could play well into his late 30's. Why would he stay for less when others could pay him more showing they appreciate him more?

He's been loyal to ATL, took a paycut his first contract. He never was a drama queen about playing out of position despite what came out to the media. They just need to take notes from teams like POR and bring some young stars around your star players instead of ending up like the Clippers.

His game is already showing signs of falling off and his athleticism won't be far behind.  Your reasons for wanting to pay him max sound more sentimental than anything.  The Hawks can't make good decisions based off that.

And we assume other teams will offer him max.  But we don't know that for sure, especially after all these teams are seeing him on the big stage.  Numerous Celtics fans are already pleading with Ainge to stay away from offering him max money.  My point is why outbid yourself IF you don't have to?  And for clarity, he did not take a paycut on his first or any contract.

Edited by Jody23

36 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

His game is already showing signs of falling off and his athleticism won't be far behind.  Your reasons for wanting to pay him max sound more sentimental than anything.  The Hawks can't make good decisions based off that.

And we assume other teams will offer him max.  But we don't know that for sure, especially after all these teams are seeing him on the big stage.  Numerous Celtics fans are already pleading with Ainge to stay away from offering him max money.  My point is why outbid yourself IF you don't have to?  And for clarity, he did not take a paycut on his first or any contract.

He's a solid shooter. Worse case he'll end up like Pau now. 

I've seen nothing but good things about Horford going into free agency. It isn't like he's Dwight Howard who's reputation has been ruined since his prime days. Yeah I've seen the Celtics fans stuff too. I assume Stevens would use him different. You sure about that?  It's documented Durant got the rookie max, which is 20+ mil more than Horford and Horford's deal was the same as Noah's who was picked spots after Horford.