• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This game was the perfect example of why i cant stand Hawks ownership.

Hawkmoor

• Premium Member

I hate to sound like a broken record but you aren't winning titles without superstars. We have zero on the team. We will remain without any real chance of winning one until that changes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

Shumpert  would start for us and started in new York before  all his injury issues. 

Mozgov  could be a starting center in fact he started for the Cavs last year. 

MO Williams  and Richard Jefferson are 5 year plus starters that have made Allstar games. They are older but still have game.

Channing Fry started for years in Phoenix.

The Hawks bench is comprised mostly of 2nd rounders and guards  that shoot  barely over 30% from the field and 3.

Chris Humphries and Sefelosha  are the two guys with starting  experience.

Lol wow smh. No need to even elaborate on the faulty logic here. 

4 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Yall keep missing the point. Lets back up. Korver, Baze, Thabo, Horford, Sap, they ALL get OPEN looks at the basket.  They dont need Lebron for that. If the Hawks jumpshots were being heavily contested, then your point would be valid.   When Jordan played, he kicked out to people who could SHOOT the ball. It doesnt matter if Jordan collapsed defenses and kicked out, they had to be able to SHOOT the ball when they GOT IT.

Cleveland has people who CAN do that, Atlanta does not. If Lebron came to Atlanta, Baze, Dennis, possibly Thabo, etc. they would be GONE. Lebron would run them out of town and Korver would either straighten up or come off the bench. THATS the lebron effect.

What you're not understanding is when you play with a player like Lebron, your confidence level changes. These guy are taking these shots without a doubt in the world. They don't feel any ounce of fear or pressure when they rise up to shoot. Perfect example is why are there guys that would make plays with LeBron all of a sudden become nobodies when he leaves i.e. Guys like Norris Cole? I haven't seen Richard Jefferson play like this since he was in New Jersey seems like, his grandpa face ass lol

My hours are F*&cked. I was not able to see the game but I think we should had trade Ho(s)ftord (Despite the good game;finally)  when we could.  We are not getting Durant.  If anyone is getting Durant outside of OKC,  San Antonio will most likely land Durant if it's not OKC thats if  he resigns with. Is Coach Bud the problem? No. We simply do not have the talent. I think some big changes will happen this year. Do I think Hostford will be back? No.  As yall all know, I  am not a big Horford fan, never have been. Yes, I was the J"Smoove" fan.  I was also 6 years younger and still believed that he would go back to the defensive player and inside player that I know he could had/should had been.  

With little time on this site, AKA, not being able to have access to this site, I would had traded Horf and possibly  some of our bench for a pick or someone that fits our team.  I honestly think that this offseason, we will be the new "Boston Celtics", and have good talent, but no superstars and still make the playoffs. Btw, I only post when I'm drunk now. So do not take this as a serious post. I will probably wake up tomorrow and see that I posted this and be ashamed and not visit this site for a few days. 

TLDR;  Get rid of Horf. Trade Teague/Shro with some bench and hope to land someone good. I guess??? 

/DRUNKPOST

Edit: I am not a Al Horford fan. 

Edited by AHawks89

I got to page 3 of this thread and stopped readig with some of the garbage in this thread about Cleveland having a bench of starters - no matter how you slice  it - it's  the LeBron effect. His teammates feed off him and are emboldened by it, he gives them the confidence to just let it fly. They have no pressure, they just play, it's  all on him - No worries for them. They follow his lead like sheep off a cliff because there aren't  consequences  for them if they lose.

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

I hate to sound like a broken record but you aren't winning titles without superstars. We have zero on the team. We will remain without any real chance of winning one until that changes.

We don't  have a Superstar  and worse yet no LEADER.

56 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I got to page 3 of this thread and stopped readig with some of the garbage in this thread about Cleveland having a bench of starters - no matter how you slice  it - it's  the LeBron effect. His teammates feed off him and are emboldened by it, he gives them the confidence to just let it fly. They have no pressure, they just play, it's  all on him - No worries for them. They follow his lead like sheep off a cliff because there aren't  consequences  for them if they lose.

maxresdefault.jpg

16 hours ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Superstar that can carry a team, Hawks missing

No "superstars" other than Lebron and Curry bring enough to their teams to beat the Cavs or Warriors in a championship series.  All the folks wanting Durant  -  if he came here, we would still lose to Cleveland, because Lebron is in a league of his own, and I am not a Lebron fan.  Because of his size and weight and his determination, and because the referees cow down to him, he goes where he wants to, whenever he wants to.

Edited by Watchman

5 minutes ago, Watchman said:

No "superstars" other than Lebron and Curry bring enough to their teams to beat the Cavs or Warriors in a championship series.  All the folks wanting Durant  -  if he came here, we would still lose to Cleveland, because Lebron is in a league of his own, and I am not a Lebron fan.  Because of his size and weight and his determination, and because the referees cow down to him, he goes where he wants to, whenever he wants to.

Durant would change a lot for Atlanta. Korver wouldn't have so much attention drawn to him. Horford and Millsap would be able to do a lot of damage on offense and spacing would be exceptional. 

9 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Certainly not Bud to blame. He did everything and more as to how we are supposedly supposed to go about playing Cleveland...

Brought Kyle off the bench

Humphries got minutes

Played Hack a Thompson

Started Sef

I have to question as to why he waited until what will probably be the next to the last game of the season  to play Humphries and bring Korver off the bench.  If he puts some personal feelings over what is good for the team, maybe he's not all he's cracked up to be.

3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I have to question as to why he waited until what will probably be the next to the last game of the season  to play Humphries and bring Korver off the bench.  If he puts some personal feelings over what is good for the team, maybe he's not all he's cracked up to be.

Ok I have never understood this. What makes y'all believe that Bud has personal hurt feelings towards Humphries. Maybe Bud just wanted to go with a similar lineup that almost beat Cleveland in Cleveland in game 3 of last season ECFs when Horf was ejected with Scott and Muscala opposed to Humphries who just joined the team. I highly doubt Bud just does things out of spite or he wouldn't be a head coach in the first place

4 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Ok I have never understood this. What makes y'all believe that Bud has personal hurt feelings towards Humphries. Maybe Bud just wanted to go with a similar lineup that almost beat Cleveland in Cleveland in game 3 of last season ECFs when Horf was ejected with Scott and Muscala opposed to Humphries who just joined the team. I highly doubt Bud just does things out of spite or he wouldn't be a head coach in the first place

Well, it certainly isn't a mystery that Humphries is a considerably better player than Muscala, and provides much needed rebounding and scoring ability that we are lacking.  Why pass him over for essentially 1.5 rounds of the playoffs, and wait until we're too far gone to help?

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Well, it certainly isn't a mystery that Humphries is a considerably better player than Muscala, and provides much needed rebounding and scoring ability that we are lacking.  Why pass him over for essentially 1.5 rounds of the playoffs, and wait until we're too far gone to help?

Maybe because Musky knew the system better. I love me some Humphries but you can't blame bud for rolling with Musky after round 1 because he didn't play all that bad. Especially defensively. 

17 hours ago, Mdizzle5 said:

It seems like shooting %s seem to get an insanse boost whenever a team plays the Hawks. It's been going on for a good while now. Bizarre. 

It is really weird that the top ranked defense in the East lately is the team giving up historic 3 point percentages.  For some reason it is more important for the Cavs to show the Hawks up than anything on their goal list.  My statement will be backed up when you see how they shoot against their next couple opponents.  I cannot wait to see their shooting come back to earth and lose again to the Warriors. 

18 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Man, it doesnt matter WHO passes the ball, its who SHOOTS the ball. The Hawks get just as many open looks as Cleveland. Does it matter if atlanta using a TEAM concept to get the open look, vs ONE player who gets the open look?  Getting OPEN is all that matters.

Cleveland as a TEAM shoots better than the Hawks. Put Lebron on the Hawks and  you think the Hawks would be as good as the Cavaliers?  I dont think so. It doesnt matter how open you get if you cant put the ball in the hole.

Lets get something straight, im not down playing that lebron effects how a defense plays Cleveland. My point is the END RESULT is a open look that the Cavs get, but, Atlanta gets open looks also.

You are right, people just don't seem to understand that the Hawks just cannot shoot. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

It is really weird that the top ranked defense in the East lately is the team giving up historic 3 point percentages.  For some reason it is more important for the Cavs to show the Hawks up than anything on their goal list.  My statement will be backed up when you see how they shoot against their next couple opponents.  I cannot wait to see their shooting come back to earth and lose again to the Warriors.

It's very simple if you would understand it. NONE of the wing players can keep players that are dribble penetrating in front of them. It leads to players helping off of shooters and drive and kicks for open threes.

If Toronto advances, they have one of the worst three point defenses fwiw...

Edited by Lurker