• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lucas Nogueira. Hawks shouldve kept him.

Hawkmoor

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yea , I think Edy will work out for us. Patience for us all to see him getting minutes is being strained especially with our need against the Cavs of having all the C minutes played like a C  (a lot more rebounds and blocks). Guessing Edy's NBA career will have a lot  more total minutes than Lucas. Hopefully a ton more impact.

Edy cant get up and down the basketball court.  Another wasted project by the Hawks.

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Edy cant get up and down the basketball court.  Another wasted project by the Hawks.

I do realize I,m talking about summer league but Edy seemed fast enough down the court. Blocked a shot on one end and followed up a missed fast break shot on the other end in one sequence.

• Moderators

How many years in the league has it taken Lucas to see garbage time and emergency time?   Geez.   Tavares has been here a year and has only been playing basketball for a few years.     Lucas played in 29 games in his 3rd year in the league.    Edy played in 11 in his first.   Stats about the same.   He gets up and down just fine.

• Moderators

I have been critical of the Bebe  / Sweet Lou trade (likening it to our ripping the Bulls off of Korver) but I'll say this:

I would not trade Edy straight up for Bebe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

The problem is the Hawks got NOTHING from that deal. NOTHING.  You dont get rid of Lou Williams and Nogueria and have NOTHING to show for it.

If Hardaway doesnst develop, thats NOTHING from that deal.  Got rid of Shelden Mack, for NOTHING. Heinrick isnt gonna play.  People keep harping about wanting a small forward. No problem, but the Hawks keep giving away assets for nothing.

Bud has been a terrible GM.   The only move he has made that i like, he he SELF sabotages is the move to get Humphries.

Dennis developed. I do recall Lou used to get minutes over Dennis. 

Yeah true about Hardaway. Yeah Hawks could have used Mack this playoff series. Holiday even showed some potential when he got to Chicago.

I wouldn't say he's terrible. I just think he got the same problem Doc Rivers have in LAC, they're stuck in the now, not really thinking about the future when it comes to roster management.

1 minute ago, BigDog90 said:

Yeah true about Hardaway. Yeah Hawks could have used Mack this playoff series. Holiday even showed some potential when he got to Chicago.

I wouldn't say he's terrible. I just think he got the same problem Doc Rivers have in LAC, they're stuck in the now, not really thinking about the future when it comes to roster management.

I would be ok with the if we had the 2nd rounder, but Mack wouldn't  do much  but pound the ball into submission.

Holiday showed the same potential here that he did in Chicago - not much.

1 hour ago, BigDog90 said:

Glad you brought up Holiday because thats another player who i wondered why Bud got rid of him.  I'll take Holiday over Hardaway.

12 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

My boy Jordan Crawford putting up STATS in China, that league is no joke!  72 points?

Damn son, forget giving Al the max.  We gotta give it to the next Jordan!

Agreed, the Chinese league is da shizz, but why chase the next Jordan when you can get the one and only Starrrrrbury!!!!!

Teague/DMike replacement?

Game five against the Heat with the Raptors starting center out BeBe received a DNP. Guess we didn't trade away a future all star after all. Still pulling hard for Edy to get minutes on the court next year Block some shots.. 

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Game five against the Heat with the Raptors starting center out BeBe received a DNP. Guess we didn't trade away a future all star after all. Still pulling hard for Edy to get minutes on the court next year Block some shots.. 

Nah, they were just saving him for game 7.  Super secret weapon?

37 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The eye test says he is "playing well".

<Insert GIFs and teenage girl terms like "loool" here>

3 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

What's that supposed to mean?

What is your question supposed to mean?  His hair was matted down  the other night.  Sorry you have no sense of humor.  To me it looked like he had woken up from a nap and didn't have time to style it.

Edited by Watchman

41 minutes ago, Watchman said:

What is your question supposed to mean?  His hair was matted down  the other night.  Sorry you have no sense of humor.  To me it looked like he had woken up from a nap and didn't have time to style it.

That's  the style  - get up and go.