• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we sure we don't want this guy?

JTB

Joakim Noah looks like he fits this team of quick bigs that can move their feet well and he's one hell of a passer! These highlights are from just last season:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jPCMi6GUrgo

The guy has just been injured the lately but I don't believe they are injuries that should keep bud away from picking him up in free agency. He could really help on the glass and play in space defensively like sap and Horford.

Joakim Noah looks like he fits this team of quick bigs that can move their feet well and he's one hell of a passer! These highlights are from just last season:

The guy has just been injured the lately but I don't believe they are injuries that should keep bud away from picking him up in free agency. He could really help on the glass and play in space defensively like sap and Horford.

Yeap, they was talking about Noah on the game this morning. Ive always said the Hawks drafted the wrong guy out of florida. If Noah is damaged goods,  sign him and bring him off the bench. If he can start, package Sap and Teague.

Yeap, they was talking about Noah on the game this morning. Ive always said the Hawks drafted the wrong guy out of florida. If Noah is damaged goods,  sign him and bring him off the bench. If he can start, package Sap and Teague and go after that scorer they need.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Admin

He carried the Bulls during Rose's first injury ... good defender/rebounder/passer/hustle guy but as you said it injuries ... he is always injured.  His injuries are really limiting his effectiveness and I don't see that improving.

Edited by capstone21

HONK HONK!!! (the sound of me requesting a merge.....)

HONK HONK!!! (the sound of me requesting a merge.....)

I understand Noah is so much better than Tiago but the circumstances are eerily similar with the injury histories. We don't know how many games a year he has left in him beginning at age 32 next season and then we would have to keep his minutes low to begin with because the more minutes  he plays with his great hustle there is a bunch more risk. Not sure what future salary he is able to command now  but he made over thirteen million this year.     

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

Where's the money gonna come from even if they wanted him?

I figured he would be cheap since the last 2 years he was injured. Im thinking we may get a steal with him on a 1 + 1 year contract, 2nd year player option maybe around 8m on a prove your worth type of contract.

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

Where's the money gonna come from even if they wanted him?

I figured he would be cheap since the last 2 years he was injured. Im thinking we may get a steal with him on a 1 + 1 year contract, 2nd year player option maybe around 8m on a prove your worth type of contract.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

Secretly.. I was hoping that you would have had this picture up...

BoxvQRrCYAATcI3.jpg

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Secretly.. I was hoping that you would have had this picture up...

BoxvQRrCYAATcI3.jpg

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Yeap, they was talking about Noah on the game this morning. Ive always said the Hawks drafted the wrong guy out of florida. If Noah is damaged goods,  sign him and bring him off the bench. If he can start, package Sap and Teague.

Yeap, they was talking about Noah on the game this morning. Ive always said the Hawks drafted the wrong guy out of florida. If Noah is damaged goods,  sign him and bring him off the bench. If he can start, package Sap and Teague and go after that scorer they need.

ARE YOU NUTS.  Sap and Teague for Nothing...NOAH.

• Premium Member

I'm coming around to wanting Noah if we can get him "On the cheap".  IF we can get Noah on a prove yourself contract, I would take him.   The guy is just a few seasons removed from 13, 11, and 6.  Sheez.  He's got a new coach too.    Bud should sling him a 2 year 24 million deal that starts at 11 Million.  And send Splitter back to Popp.

That's pretty rich for my blood. I'll bet half of Chicago bball fans forgot what he even looks like since he's been out so much. On the cheap? Maybe. But 2/$24M isn't what I consider cheap. At least Splitter is cheaper and on a shorter deal. 

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

I'm coming around to wanting Noah if we can get him "On the cheap".  IF we can get Noah on a prove yourself contract, I would take him.   The guy is just a few seasons removed from 13, 11, and 6.  Sheez.  He's got a new coach too.    Bud should sling him a 2 year 24 million deal that starts at 11 Million.  And send Splitter back to Popp.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, LamarHampton said:

That's pretty rich for my blood. I'll bet half of Chicago bball fans forgot what he even looks like since he's been out so much. On the cheap? Maybe. But 2/$24M isn't what I consider cheap. At least Splitter is cheaper and on a shorter deal. 

Cost of living increase.  Honestly, last year even though he was injured he still put up about 4, 9, 4 in about 20 mpg.   The year before 7, 10, 5 in 30 mpg.   I think being a former defensive player of the year, he will still garner some consideration... even coming off of shoulder surgery.   My thinking is that maybe he's not so banged up and not washed up.  IF he can make a comeback with us good.  It can't be worse than  what we got from Splitter for just 2.5 Million More.