• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague Traded to Pacers!!!!

Wurider05

4 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Think about this... They're building around a player that averaged a lousy 14.8 PPG and 3.6 RPG in his last 5 playoff games last year.

Ikr...His def-rebounding has declined for something like 5 years in a row.   Our frontline can't even handle the likes of Tristan Thompson and Channing Fry.  
i'd rather rebuild then stick with Max Horford, soon to be maxed Sap and sorry Splitter , when we already know can't get the job done.

Just now, pimp said:

Ikr...His def-rebounding has declined for something like 5 years in a row.   Our frontline can't even handle the likes of Tristan Thompson and Channing Fry.  
i'd rather rebuild then stick with Max Horford, soon to be maxed Sap and sorry Splitter , when we already know can't get the job done.

Splitter can't even stay on the court. How many games did he play this year? 36?

He only looked good when playing next to Tim Duncan anyway.

7 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I've seen him decline for a couple of years straight... I see him going out to the 3pt line to toss up 3's more and more. I saw the team make the playoffs without him just a few years ago.

Building around him after his tepid play last year is just another sign this franchise is happy to just make the playoffs.

Horford's play all of last year was uninspired and tepid.

Is this what you mean when you say to Supes: "I owned you in the Horford argument"? 

52 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Now, thats the move i been looking for all along as the backup plan if they couldnt move Teague for Noel.  Grab as many picks as you can and move up.  They still got a ton of picks in the next few drafts they can throw in there for Hield.. Im thinking thats the exit move.  Something tells me they dont think Boston is gonna draft Hield.

I don't agree with you much, but I 100% agree with this.

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Unless Hawks trade for a big star, this is a dumb move, no matter how you look at it.

It's not a dumb move because the alternative would have been to have 8 million tied up to Teague heading into the season, and then losing him for nothing. People expecting a lot of a Teague trade, even last year, were not understanding anything about the context. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Yeah, they'll probably keep Blowsomemore also. He and Horford were both terrible in the playoffs and they'll probably get rewarded with big contracts. 

I called it. I said over and over they was gonna trot the same team out there next season and sell that to Atlanta... I dont know which player i can't stand the most, Baze or Horford?

Edited by Hawkmoor

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

It's not a dumb move because the alternative would have been to have 8 million tied up to Teague heading into the season, and then losing him for nothing. People expecting a lot of a Teague trade, even last year, were not understanding anything about the context. 

Hawks could've traded Teague for a player that could improve this team, instead we trade teague just so we can resign AL? Not to mention hawks already wanting to trade the draft picks just to help resign AL too. So yes this is a dumb move, unless they can trade those picks for a player that will improve this team.

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

I called it. I said over and over they was gonna trot the same team out there next season and sell that to Atlanta... I dont know which player i can't stand the most, Baze or Horford?

They just got handled by Cleveland and they're response will be to comeback with a less talented team.

Way I see it, this trade opens a lot more doors. We can now sign a player to a max deal PLUS Horford. We can also package our multiple picks and move up, or trade for another good player. All of this for someone who has only a year left in the contract and we already have his replacement in our team. 

We'll see what we do now, but right now, I think this is a pretty good move by the Hawks, if anything, to just have more options on the table at draft night.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Just saw that Nets, Hornets, Pelicans, and nuggets are interested in those two picks. What players can we grab from those teams? Maybe Lopez, Gallinari (however you spell it), or Faired?

Only player from that bunch would be Anthony Davis.

• Premium Member

I also don't get the comment from Marc Stein about signing Horford. We didn't have to trade Teague to do that, so what is he trying to say?