• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Maxing Horford is not gonna win a championship.

Hawkmoor

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Still waiting for even a rumor of a true contender courting Al.  Pistons would be a tough second round out with him.  Houston, LA, and NY would be asking a mild-mannered FA to become their captain.  Not a good look,

There's this:

According to sources familiar with free agent talks, the Warriors are looking at Al Horford, Joakim Noah and even Hassan Whiteside.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's this:

According to sources familiar with free agent talks, the Warriors are looking at Al Horford, Joakim Noah and even Hassan Whiteside.

We struggle with cap , where do these loaded teams find the space for this?

2 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

We struggle with cap , where do these loaded teams find the space for this?

Warriors will have to dump most of their team including Livingston, Barnes, Iggy and Bogut to clear space.

22 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:
22 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

The goal isn't to win the title. The goal is to make the playoffs and whatever happens after that is icing on the cake.

You are correct.  Ressler said on the radio " as long as we dont lose money."   I heard him say it. It proves what i said all along.  He and Grant hill are INVESTORS.  They only care about the value of the team, not necessarily about winning championships.

It's the "Georgia Way", it's  the "Atlanta Way". Just accept it people, mediocrity is what management of sports teams in Atlanta consider success.  They just tease the fans and get them all worked up hoping for something that is not possible with this kind of management in charge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's this:

It would tickle me if the Warriors get Al.  It would prove to Hawks fans that the Hawks keep using that salary cap crap as a excuse.  

Edited by Hawkmoor

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Let's say Lebron is due for an injury.  It happens in the life of every athlete and his steroids can keep him healthy forever.  Do we have a team that can compete for the East Crown?  Did we have a team that could have competed for the East Crown?  Yall are totally right, Lebron is a stop gap in the East.    He's the world's biggest doorstop and the League is never going to test him for steroids but if he were injured, do we have a team that can beat a Lebronless Cavs and Toronto and Miami and Indy?

We have to stop just thinking about beating one man... My theory is always make the best team that you can and retool.   If you have a the best team possible, FAs will see you winning and will at least consider joining you.  That's how winning is done. 

Diesel,

I have to agreed on you about just go with the best team that you can and complete.   This team still have to do when comes down to bring in FA but things are changing for the better.  Besides there is a lot of NBA front offices that is very envious of what Atlanta does (how many coaches, trainers and front office staff that we lose to different teams in the last few years).  This team doesn't have a true superstar or marketable person (we are NBA/ESPN worst nightmare) but still be able to complete year in/year out while being at the bottom of the league when it comes down to salary while we have no egomaniacs or issues with our players.  

About Al, I am grateful for having him here and he does deserve a max contract or close to it.  But he wont give us close to a championship, that is the reason why we have 13-14 players to help him get there, one day.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HAWKS OWNERSHIP AND WARRIORS OWNERSHIP.  They not sitting around whining about cap space , they going after the big names in free agency, including Horford:

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2016/06/21/warriors-owner-joe-lacob-on-what-s-next-for-the.html

Though the Golden State Warriors may have lost the NBA Championship, the team’s primary owner Joe Lacob stopped lamenting within the hour of losing, he said at Stanford’s Director’s College summit Tuesday.

In a string of comparisons with Silicon Valley’s business methodology, Lacob, wearing the 2014-2015 season championship ring, assured the room full of people that the Warriors would be the best again and for many years to come.

“We will scratch and claw every single day,“ Lacob said with a stern voice and firm fist against his chair arm. “That’s why I couldn’t wait one hour after Sunday’s loss to start getting the team ready for next year.”

The Golden State Warriors lost game 7 of the 2016 NBA finals to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Sunday, garnering record-breaking local and national viewership in the process.

Lacob, who is also a partner at Silicon Valley venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, said that he already conducted season-end “exit interviews” with the players — a tactic most would associate with a corporation’s strategy.

Lacob said the Warriors intentionally lead trends only to look for the next — almost a prerequisite for anyone in Silicon Valley business.

“We drove this idea of small ball, and it’s a different style of play,” he said. “Having said that, I think it’s important to know that whenever everyone else starts doing things, it’s time to start doing what’s next. We’re on to the next idea — How can we iterate to evolve to get an advantage? I can assure you we’re very forward thinking in that regard.”

This idea of “forward thinking” away from the current trend of “small” could potentially point to the widely rumored idea that the Warriors are working to acquire free agent forward Kevin Durant. Lacob dodged questions about the reports that the team is making efforts to acquire him.

cropped_GettyImages-535945836.jpg?ts=146

Edited by Hawkmoor

26 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HAWKS OWNERSHIP AND WARRIORS OWNERSHIP.  They not sitting around whining about cap space , they going after the big names in free agency, including Horford:

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2016/06/21/warriors-owner-joe-lacob-on-what-s-next-for-the.html

Though the Golden State Warriors may have lost the NBA Championship, the team’s primary owner Joe Lacob stopped lamenting within the hour of losing, he said at Stanford’s Director’s College summit Tuesday.

In a string of comparisons with Silicon Valley’s business methodology, Lacob, wearing the 2014-2015 season championship ring, assured the room full of people that the Warriors would be the best again and for many years to come.

“We will scratch and claw every single day,“ Lacob said with a stern voice and firm fist against his chair arm. “That’s why I couldn’t wait one hour after Sunday’s loss to start getting the team ready for next year.”

The Golden State Warriors lost game 7 of the 2016 NBA finals to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Sunday, garnering record-breaking local and national viewership in the process.

Lacob, who is also a partner at Silicon Valley venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, said that he already conducted season-end “exit interviews” with the players — a tactic most would associate with a corporation’s strategy.

Lacob said the Warriors intentionally lead trends only to look for the next — almost a prerequisite for anyone in Silicon Valley business.

“We drove this idea of small ball, and it’s a different style of play,” he said. “Having said that, I think it’s important to know that whenever everyone else starts doing things, it’s time to start doing what’s next. We’re on to the next idea — How can we iterate to evolve to get an advantage? I can assure you we’re very forward thinking in that regard.”

This idea of “forward thinking” away from the current trend of “small” could potentially point to the widely rumored idea that the Warriors are working to acquire free agent forward Kevin Durant. Lacob dodged questions about the reports that the team is making efforts to acquire him.

I hear what you're saying but since free agency hasn't started yet this is all just speculation that budcox isn't going after a star player or a rising star. We honestly don't know what bud and Wilcox plan to do. Last summer we didn't have any available cap so I don't hold that against them ...they had to choose between dmc and sap, had no other choice.....but with this being officially the first summer budcox has a massive amount of cap space available as well as the new owners it's fair to give them a chance before jumping down their throats....now of course if they disappoint then go ahead and clown them but let's wait until free agency really kicks off first.

4 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Signing him and trading before the deadline would be the only reason I think he should be resigned. If we can get a unprotected pick from a team that's not going to make the playoffs, it'd be worth it.

Well... A team who wants Horford is a team who's willing ( and actually has the possibility) to make the playoffs, so the pick is worth what? 

My idea, if Horford has to be traded, is acquiring valuable players and create the base for a real Max FA expenditure next year (Hayward?)

55 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

They would acquire Horford with cap they are ALREADY using by destroying part of the team, they're not in the Atlanta situation.

6 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

1. Warriors did not drive small ball -see Nelly and Dantoni - the diff between Kerr and them is they actually played defense

2. You seem to think the Warriors are signing Durant and keeping their current roster intact? I'll  let you figure it out.

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. Warriors did not drive small ball -see Nelly and Dantoni - the diff between Kerr and them is they actually played defense

2. You seem to think the Warriors are signing Durant and keeping their current roster intact? I'll  let you figure it out.

I said none of the above.  I could care less IF they try and sign Durant. In fact, i made this post to cosign the rumor you posted about them going after Al Horford.  Golden State has the luxury of tearing that team about as long as they keep Green, Thompson and Curry.   They can add either Al or Durant to that right there and pay some scrubs like Miami did to flesh out their roster.

Like i said, if Al is REALLY serious about a ring, he would work a deal with the Warriors or Thunder.  Obviously, the thunder would be a better fit with him having played for Donovan in college.  The reason i want him GONE from the Hawks is because he is enabling Bud  and the Hawks organization to keep running a good, but not great team out onto the floor.

Horford is a very good player. His play itself isnt a problem.  THATS the problem...:laugh:  He is a PIECE, not the whole that the Hawks need and they for whatever reason, are not gonna put that piece next to Horford that OKC and Golden State can.

Horford leaving would force the Hawks to put up or shut up about building a championship team thru free agency or the draft.

Imagine the Warriors throwing this out there:

pg curry

sg thompson

sf dont even matter

pf green

c horford

Edited by Hawkmoor

Until "The King" retires in 10 or 15 years, no other eastern team will smell the championship.

When will it all sink in?  LaBron is super good, the darling of Cleveland and of the NBA.  We read here

about him being washed up just before he lead the Cavs to the ultimate pinnacle of success.

He makes his team much better.  He is their leader, their coach and their GM.  He does things that

no other mere mortal would even try.  When an official makes a call against him or his team, he is

quick to point out the error of their way and get it corrected.

So.  Hawks can't win if they resign Horford?  You are correct.  Regardless of who they sign, they can't

win the championship.  That has already been decided.  Get over it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nelson is the first coach I can think of having a center hitting twenty plus footers consistently and a small forward bringing the ball up court. Sikma and Pressey. All before Detroit with Laimbeer and Chicago with Pippin. Very accurate point on #1. I'm having a few NBA flashbacks right now.