• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SummerHawks

lethalweapon3

WATCHING this game by watching the scoreboard on the NBA page.

Tavares played 14 minutes.  He has 6 points on 3-3 shooting.  4 rebounds, 4 blocks and no fouls!

Baby, summertime Hawks, have a lead of 37-25 at the half break!

Someone here posted that Edy had already been assigned to the D league for the season.  Why?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Someone here posted that Edy had already been assigned to the D league for the season.  Why?

I think it was a joke / prediction based on him not getting much of a chance last year and being as new to the game as he is.  (And us having Dwight, Hump and Splitter in front of him).

22 minutes ago, sturt said:

Love seeing Prince giving Oubre... who arguably might have been a Hawk... fits.

By all accounts on what I read about Oubre last season, he has good size; but not enough athletic ability.  I think the lack of athletic ability is why we passed.

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

4th quarter and crunch time. Its time for Tavares, Bembry, and Prince to turn it up a notch!

Not looking good right now they are making quite a few mistakes.  Hopefully for the last few minutes they can come through and clean  it up a bit to take the win.

Well it got worse those last 5 minutes were awful XD   Washington was eating us up the whole time.  Will say this though Prince has very active hands on defense and i like that alot.

Edited by falconfan13

21 minutes ago, falconfan13 said:

Not looking good right now they are making quite a few mistakes.  Hopefully for the last few minutes they can come through and clean  it up a bit to take the win.

Damn, wanted us to keep playing. Now our summer league is over.

• Moderators

Welp! With no Pangos and Patterson gone to Sactown, the offense shriveled up quickly in the second half.

Bembry (4-for-13 FGs) was the playmaker by default, 4 of Atlanta's mere 11 assists. Cotton and Cordinier combined for two nickels (one dime) between them. There'd be more assists on the board had Atlanta hit some threes. Ashley and Cotton hit triples in the opening minutes of each half, and that was all she wrote (2-for-17 3FGs).

Prince (2-for-10 FGs, 5 TOs) tried to force foul calls by going head-on into Wizard traps, but turned the ball over more often than he drew whistles (6-for-7 FTs). The Wizard trapping looked solvable, and probably would have been if a steadier hand was in the game.

Oubre was a mess in the first half but re-built his confidence as the Wizards stopped playing possum in the second half.

Meanwhile, it's Adreian Payne Watch over on ESPN2!

~lw3

• Like 1

There's one more game for the Hawks before summer league is over, but I've seen what I needed to see. I liked what I saw from all three picks, and continue to think that Prince can help in an entirely off the ball role this coming season, but Bembry deserves the "redshirt rookie" placement due to his shot (if it isn't hopeless, he'll be contributing though by 2017).