• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THE NBA FREE AGENCY THREAD

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Detroit Pistons resolved their primary goal in NBA free agency by agreeing to terms with point guard Ish Smith on a three-year, $18 million contract today, according to MLive sources.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Detroit Pistons resolved their primary goal in NBA free agency by agreeing to terms with point guard Ish Smith on a three-year, $18 million contract today, according to MLive sources.

Ya that was like 6 hours ago.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I didn't see the amount only the years :nea:

Ya ur right good call with the amount, that wasn't stated. I just saw the signing a few hours back I guess. My bad.

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

Will Horford be willing to take a five year deal at a little less than max to give the Hawks room to improve the team?

I think the Hawks would need to be pretty clear on who they are going to spend the $ on.  But, maybe, I guess?

4 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Will Horford be willing to take a five year deal at a little less than max to give the Hawks room to improve the team?

Al taking less won't matter much for this offseason, unless he's taking a starting salary less than his $18 million dollar caphold which is unlikely.

36 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Not necessarily.

Perhaps.

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Cap next year is projected to be at $109 million. Al's max is 30% of $94 mil.

If you're having sticker shock now, wait until next year.  Here's a preview - Millsap's max next year is 35% of $109 mil = $38 mil.  Horford will be making $26 mil.

{insert hilarious fainting gif} - I'm getting lazy.

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Everyone's crying 'Hawks shouldn't sign that guy for that much money'.   When December hits they'll be crying 'why didn't the Hawks sign that guy".

Hyuk, hyuk.  Women always tryna spend folks' money.  Amirite? :cool:

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sheesh, now my Heat-fan BIL will be calling me later faking humility about having signed a top guy.  Then he'll be all, "Man I think the Hawks need to sign Dwight and Horford.  They waiting on KD but he ain't coming there.  Trade Teague to see what you can get (huh).  Blah, blah, blah".  Thanks for ruining my day, Hawks.  They're coming into town this weekend too so I gotta put up with this 'til about Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

Here you go:

bunnyfaint.gif~c200

Yeah, ATLSmiff got my bak.

Would've also accepted ...

Fangirling

or

Too Much Science

This also works ...

Devestated

Ok, ok, bak to work.