• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is this the END for Al Horford... Not quite

NBASupes

Right now, we have 6 million dollars in cap space with 14 players. Since no one can be signed till July 6th, we still have all of our cap holds. 

The mission to keep Al is an extremely tough one. It includes 

A. Trading Splitter. 8.550 million

B. Trading or cutting Scott 3.33 million

C. Trading or cutting Patterson 874k 

This gives us over 18 million dollars in cap room.  Now finding a home for Splitter needs to happen right about now. 

• Premium Member
Just now, ATLiott said:

Two things:

1)  Al would have to wait and trust we'd get all of that done. 

2) We still need a backup PG. 

BU PG = Jarrett Jack with MLE.

Al waiting.. OK.

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Right now, we have 6 million dollars in cap space with 14 players. Since no one can be signed till July 6th, we still have all of our cap holds. 

This gives us over 18 million dollars in cap room.  Now finding a home for Splitter needs to happen right about now. 

I TRULY hope this is the crazy plan.....but what I don't get, is if so why would they announce Baze first and risk it falling through and losing Al when Al is clearly the higher priority?? 

It just seems backwards to me.  Get Al in the house with an agreement and then pursue the trades and crazy stuff to fit Baze in.  I mean this scenario, if it even exists with the Hawks, is about risk losing Al or risk losing Baze.  Losing Al is far worse, imo. 

Just now, NekiEcko said:

I think that the Spurs owes us a favor from getting them LMA.

I need to know what's Bazemore is getting first but before the deal. 

We had 19,550,000 million in cap space. 

Bazemore is averaging 17.5 per on a FLAT contract. 

That means we have two million dollars in cap room if his contract was simply flat. 

Splitter is 8,550,000 and we can trade him for a pick or better yet free. 

Scott can be cut at 3,333,334. 

That gives us: 13,883,334 flat. We are still short by over 4 million dollars. 

Thabo might have to be traded and Patterson is cut in any scenario. Umm. 

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

I TRULY hope this is the crazy plan.....but what I don't get, is if so why would they announce Baze first and risk it falling through and losing Al when Al is clearly the higher priority?? 

It just seems backwards to me.  Get Al in the house with an agreement and then pursue the trades and crazy stuff to fit Baze in.  I mean this scenario, if it even exists with the Hawks, is about risk losing Al or risk losing Baze.  Losing Al is far worse, imo. 

Thabo is an extremely easy trading piece. I mean, we can trade him now but Splitter. He might have to be packaged with Thabo. 

The Nets come to mind. 

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Thabo is an extremely easy trading piece. I mean, we can trade him now but Splitter. He might have to be packaged with Thabo. 

The Nets come to mind. 

Honestly, moving both contracts should be super easy considering how free agency has been.  Every team has cap space (almost) and can absorb a cheap contract for a decent vet.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I need to know what's Bazemore is getting first but before the deal. 

We had 19,550,000 million in cap space. 

Bazemore is averaging 17.5 per on a FLAT contract. 

That means we have two million dollars in cap room if his contract was simply flat. 

Splitter is 8,550,000 and we can trade him for a pick or better yet free. 

Scott can be cut at 3,333,334. 

That gives us: 13,883,334 flat. We are still short by over 4 million dollars. 

Thabo might have to be traded and Patterson is cut in any scenario. Umm. 

Honestly, flat, we can't do this. Ascending. We can. We simply cannot cut Patterson. He's our 12th man cap wise. We can get rid of three players but not four. 

7 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I just dont understand how bazemore could possibly be worth 70million...

Apparently he was actually worth $72 million, since he took less to re-sign with us.

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Why do you keep wanting to trade away our only current backup PG in Patterson? Moving Splitter and Scott only gets us to around $13.33m in cap space. We'd almost definitely have to throw Thabo's $4m in the mix too - not Patterson's $874k.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ATLiott said:

Even if this happens, Baze getting 70 mil seems insane. 

Yeah but the truth of the matter is he was getting that or more regardless.  My question is the team better off with him or without him?  If it's truly a choice between him or Al, I want Al and will make with the wings we have.  But if they somehow get Al to go along with Baze, I have no problem with it as I'm not sure who they'd spend the money on that would be better than Baze. 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

Yes....that'd be great. Get rid of whoever just get Horford back. Damn. If we lose him I'm gonna puke.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, flat, we can't do this. Ascending. We can. We simply cannot cut Patterson. He's our 12th man cap wise. We can get rid of three players but not four. 

The problem is that if you get rid of all of these guys you will have no bench.

Giving Bazemore all that money was a mistake.