• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Millsap is on the block

SalvorMallow

15 minutes ago, hazer said:

I've already given you this response once tonight, maybe it'll sink in the 2nd time:

In '15-'16 D12 had 30/13, 28/13, 36/26, 21/17, 22/12, 21/13, 30/16, 22/14, 16/15, 22/18, 20/17, 20/20, and 23/14 games (pts/rebs) on a ball-hogging ISO Harden team where he averaged 8 shots/gm. How many Hawks did that last year? Last decade? That "role player" is still elite.

And I just said that he had some good games last season. Having some big games and producing night in and night out are two different things.

Yes, players like Kobe and Harden take a lot of shots, but Kobe taking a lot of shots didn't stop Shaq from getting shot attempts.

Beasley (Yes, I know he only played 20 games) still got up more shot attempts than Dwight despite playing only 18 minutes per game.

If a Beasley can get up 10 shots per game (in 18 MPG) playing along side a ball hog like Harden it suggests that Dwight's inconsistent scoring output and lack of shot attempts  can't be blamed on Harden alone.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

12 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

And I just said that he had some good games last season. Having some big games and producing night in and night out are two different things.

Yes, players like Kobe and Harden take a lot of shots, but Kobe taking a lot of shots didn't stop Shaq from getting shot attempts.

Beasley (Yes, I know he only played 20 games) still got up more shot attempts than Dwight despite playing only 18 minutes per game.

If a Beasley can get up 10 shots per game (in 18 MPG) playing along side a ball hog like Harden it suggests that Dwight's inconsistent scoring output and lack of shot attempts  can't be blamed on Harden alone.

Take another close look at those nimbers. From just a few months ago, on an ISO ball-hog team. Name me the last time another Hawks big came CLOSE to those nimbers. I won't wait, because they haven't. D12 averaged EIGHT SHOTS A GAME with The Beard, they wouldn't give him the ball. And he still performed over and above any Hawks big in recent memory. Remind me again how you'll "own me any day, whenever you're ready?" I'm confused, you were just being funny right?

Edited by hazer

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Howard need to be in a system man...that's all it is. He's not offensively talented enough to just go out and score in iso like a kyrie/lebron or Westbrook/Durant. 

Just like Horford he needs pick roll system to best utilize his offensive skill set...there's nothing wrong with that. It's not going to be a shock when Howard is back to all star numbers.

Bud will get him up to speed on playing in his system and all will be good. However in order to have a realistic chance at beating the cavs we need to pair Howard with sap and Horford. We need sap as a big body to guard lebron and Howard to contest shots while Horford and sap create defensive havoc on the perimeter. Howard will also help us from getting our ass beat every game by Tristan.

its a great pickup we aren't done.

11 minutes ago, hazer said:

Take another look at those nimbers. From just a few months ago. Name me the last time another Hawks big came CLOSE to those nimbers. I won't wait, because they haven't.....

So what? I've never said that any of the Hawks bigs over the last several years were elite players.

Guys who want to score and dominate will find away to get their shots.

All I'm saying is that I don't believe that Dwight is a go to scorer night in and night out at this point in his career. 

Edited by Hotlanta1981

2 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

So what? I've never said that any of the Hawks bigs over the last several years were elite players.

Guys who want to score and dominate will find away to get their shots.

So you're saying D12 is an elite player. Everyone else sees what I just did there.......:blink:

Edited by hazer

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

So you're saying D12 is an elite player.......:blink:

Paul Millsap is not an elite player but neither is Dwight.

If he (Dwight) was still an elite player the demand for him would have been a lot higher.

He can play a big role on a team, but the 2009 Dwight isn't coming back.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

9 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:
9 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

If he (Dwight) was still an elite player the demand for him would have been a lot higher.

He can play a big role on a team, but the 2009 Dwight isn't coming back.

If he was still an elite player the demand for him would have been a lot higher.

Weird. I thought being owned any day of the week ("whenever you feel like it") would feel different :huh:

6 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Here are some games DeAndre Jordan had this year:

20/12

22/13

17/20

21/16

20/18

23/20

23/16

19/20

ELITE offensive player.

And those 8 games still don't even measure up to D12's 13 I listed, even with a disher like CP3. No meme, how's about a GIF...

giphy.gif

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, hazer said:

And those 8 games still don't even measure up to D12's 13 I listed, even with a disher like CP3. No meme, how's about a GIF...

giphy.gif

It doesn't change the point that a 8-12 really good scoring games doesn't mean you're an elite scorer.

Dwight isn't a good passer, his skills offensively are still extremely raw despite the fact that he has had help from legends and his poor free throw shooting. He is not a reliable scorer night in and night out and he hasn't proven that he is in several years. The only argument you can make in his favorite is that it's other players fault. Not poor little ole Dwight's.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

3 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

It doesn't change the point that a 8-12 really good scoring games doesn't mean you an elite scorer.

Dwight isn't a good passer, his skills offensively are still extremely raw despite the fact that he had had help from legends and his poor free throw shooting. He is not a reliable scorer night in and night out and he hasn't proven that he is in several years. The only argument you can make in his favorite is that it's other players fault. Not poor little ole Dwight's.

I'm not making the argument that he's an elite scorer (reference my previous "Who in the hell are you talking to" vid clip). Last year D12 averaged about what Horf did. Never said he's a good passer. His free throw shooting is better than your example D Jordan. And I've never blamed anything of his faults on other players. The fact that he only had 8 attempts per night with ball-hog Harden in an ISO system is just that, a fact. I just listed 13 D12 games from LAST year where all 13 were better than ANY Hawks C has done in a decade. So what are you even arguing about? These aren't grey areas...

you know "HOTLANTA" ISN’T A THINGcfe17480-24a9-0132-4e65-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

Please stop staying this. Don't label yourself a visitor.

21 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

It doesn't change the point that a 8-12 really good scoring games doesn't mean you're an elite scorer.

Dwight isn't a good passer, his skills offensively are still extremely raw despite the fact that he has had help from legends and his poor free throw shooting. He is not a reliable scorer night in and night out and he hasn't proven that he is in several years. The only argument you can make in his favorite is that it's other players fault. Not poor little ole Dwight's.

Bullsh!t....two or three years ago D12 was putting up 22-20 numbers.  He got hurt and lost confidence and played with selfish jack-offs.  Now he will play with Bud and the boys...ECFs here we come again!!!   Us against Indy -I bet we win.  GO HAWKS!!!

Edited by DJlaysitup

16 minutes ago, hazer said:

I'm not making the argument that he's an elite scorer (reference my previous "Who in the hell are you talking to" vid clip). Last year D12 averaged about what Horf did. Never said he's a good passer. His free throw shooting is better than your example D Jordan. And I've never blamed anything of his faults on other players. The fact that he only had 8 attempts per night with ball-hog Harden in an ISO system is just that, a fact. I just listed 13 D12 games from LAST year where all 13 were better than ANY Hawks C has done in a decade. So what are you even arguing about? These aren't grey areas...

you know "HOTLANTA" ISN’T A THINGcfe17480-24a9-0132-4e65-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

Please stop staying this. Don't label yourself a visitor.

You're suggesting that he only got 8 shot attempts because Harden is a "ball hog". It's BS.

He doesn't get a lot of shots because he doesn't demand the ball enough, he doesn't play hard every night, and his a lack of polished skills. Not only that, but he his poor free throw shooting makes him an unattractive option late in games. There are many reasons that he doesn't get a lot of shot attempts. Honestly, even in his best days he didn't take THAT many shots.

Last year D12 averaged about what Horf did.

So what? Horford wasn't all that great at scoring last year either. That's my point. You have two guys in Howard and Horford that don't score a lot of points these days. You don't bring Sap back or replace him with another scorer and you're counting on two guys that only combined for about 27 PPG to do the bulk of your scoring.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

16 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

Bullsh!t....two or three years ago D12 was putting up 22-20 numbers.  He got hurt and lost confidence and played with selfish jack-offs.  Now he will play with Bud and the boys...ECFs here we come again!!!   Us against Indy -I bet we win.  GO HAWKS!!!

He hasn't averaged 20 PPG since 2011.

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

You're suggesting that he only got 8 shot attempts because Harden is a "ball hog". It's BS.

He doesn't get a lot of shots because he doesn't demand the ball enough, he doesn't play hard every night, and has a lack polished skills. Not only that, but he his poor free throw shooting makes him an unattractive option late in games. There are many reasons that he doesn't get a lot of shot attempts. Honestly, even in his best days he didn't take THAT many shots.

Last year D12 averaged about what Horf did.

So what? Horford wasn't all that great at scoring last year either. That's my point. You have two guys in Howard and Horford that don't score a lot of points these days. You don't bring Sap back or replace him with another scorer and you're counting on two guys that only combined for about 26 PPG to do the bulk of your scoring.

3 minutes ago, atljonesbro said:

I feel like you an incapable of comprehending another other than the very first thought in your mind. I think it's part of the reason you're such a hostile person. 

Have you ever been anything other than a joke? There is a reason everyone laughs at you over at insidehoops.