• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Millsap is on the block

SalvorMallow

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

I would say it's a 48 win team but let's be clear, trading Millsap for nothing is a MISTAKE. They need to trade Splitter and Thabo. 

D12 is such a wild card, it's really hard to make predictions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I would say it's a 48 win team but let's be clear, trading Millsap for nothing is an EXTREME MISTAKE. They need to trade Splitter and Thabo. 

That line up will not be able to score dude. You'll have Dennis throwing up an endless number of bad shots because nobody else can score.

• Like 1

Yeah I think bud is smarter than that or atleast I hope so....scoring does matter and he's better than Horford at scoring and really everyone on the team. 

Dont be stupid just get rid of Thabo and splitter 

Edited by JTB

• Premium Member
Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

That line up will not be able to score dude. You'll have Dennis throwing up an endless number of bad shots because nobody else can score.

Howard can score in the pick and roll.  He was a dominant finisher as a roll man in Orlando.  If we exercise all of D12s talents like the Rockets never did, I think he can still be quite effective.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

D12 is such a wild card, it's really hard to make predictions.

D12 is a role player now. His effectiveness has declined for several seasons in a row. The only way he is going to be effective here at all is if he accepts that he is a rebounder and shot blocker now. The rest is not that good.

• Like 1

Just now, SalvorMallow said:

Howard can score in the pick and roll.  He was a dominant finisher as a roll man in Orlando.  If we exercise all of D12s talents like the Rockets never did, I think he can still be quite effective.

He probably could but he's not someone to drop points for you when you need a bucket. Sap is the best at that on this team

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yeah I think bud is smarter than that or atleast I hope so....scoring does matter and he's better than Horford at scoring and really everyone on the team. 

Dont be stupid just get rid of Thabo and splitter 

We don't know what Atlanta is doing in trade talks. You know their secretive. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Afro said:

Horford coming back 

NO WAY Hawks start doing this without confirmation. 

Maybe they caved in the 5th year 

Either that or they really want Courtney Lee which I hope isn't the case. A Dennis/Lee/Baze/Scott/Howard lineup isn't screaming championship to me.

1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

That was 2009. A long time ago. He is not the same player.

42 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'd much rather keep Millsap than bring Horford back if it comes to that. Millsap should have been All NBA last season. That is how damn good he is.

He sure was good guarding Love on the perimeter in the playoffs...

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

He probably could but he's not someone to drop points for you when you need a bucket. Sap is the best at that on this team

Seems like you don't remember how effective Dwight was the last time he played with a solid PnR PG.  We were on the receiving end of a historical playoff smashing at their hands.

Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

No but he will be able to score in this offense scheme under bud. Wouldn't shock me not one bit. 16-18 pts per game and 11-13 boards....don't mean we win a championship or anything just says to me Howard is a product of the system when he's rolling to goal and playing right.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

When has he had the opportunity?  Howard is finally healthy, motivated and not playing next to an ultra ball dominant guard like Kobe or Harden.  I think he is going to surprise a lot of people this season.

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

Millsap being on the trading block don't equal a weak ass trade like the one the twitter handle was talking about. 

Agreed. You gotta get something worth something. Even if it's just different pieces for another move down the road. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Millsap being on the trading block don't equal a weak ass trade like the one the twitter handle was talking about. 

Honestly I don't believe it or more would have tweeted it.

Trading Sap makes sense if we can bring back Horford. Even if I consider Sap to be a better player, that's how we get the most value out of this offseason, plus it avoids the giant contract Sap is due to receive next season. I do not think the Sap/Horford/Howard trio is worth the sacrifices we'd have to make. 

• Like 2