• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Source: Hawks have upped their offer to Al Horford & added a 5th yr.

GameTime

4 minutes ago, HorfordFTW said:

What would y'all be okay trading Trillsap for?

High upside or an all-star caliber sf..backup pg

Edited by terrell

4 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

what teams are going to give that up lol - im trying to find one, I cant

Which is why Budcox is the whiz GM :cool:

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Add  in a backup PG and we have a deal.

Maybe Horford to Pistons for Stanley Johnson and parts (not his :-/)

52 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Maybe Horford to Pistons for Stanley Johnson and parts (not his :-/)

Lol, his parts huh?

We'd probably look to trade for pix and backup guard help, no?

6 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Lakers?  Randle?

More like, "Lakers?  Picks?"

4 minutes ago, WraithSentinel said:

Just read the Celtics brought Tom Brady into their meeting with KD. Why didn't they bring him to their meeting with Horford? Celtics don't think too highly of Horf after all from the look of it.

Ask them what in the actual f*ck is Brady gonna do about their middling roster.

3 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Nobody deserves what they are getting paid, but that's what it takes to keep players right now. The salary cap will only keep going up the next couple of years so contracts that look outlandish as of today, like Conley's and Horford's, will look a lot less terrible in the future.

I would have to disagree with this. If the owners pay it that goes to show you they (owners) are making more. D-Howard will help this team make double the amount they made last year... That's my thought 

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

at this point if Horford keeps screwing around, we need to move on.

If Horford leaves for either Washington or Boston, he is not the smart guy I have always thought him to be. We have given him the Center he has been begging for so he can move to the PF spot and we are willing to pay him more. There is nothing more we can do.

What a Boston Celtic fan said over on the Celtic messageboard.  Folks up in Boston are hanging on this just as much as the folks in Atlanta.   Some insight into how some fans in other cities look at Atlanta:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=85978.465

" Seriously though....the Hawks...THE HAWKS?! Come on Al, come be a winner in a real sports city. "

And another one on the same page:

" I understand but it's still ridiculous. We are doing everything we can to win a championship.  The Hawks added Howard but up until this point they haven't done that.  They are also trading Millsapp possibly to make room for Horford.  We are doing what we can as an organization to win a championship.  The Hawks that's questionable.  Seems like Horford just wants to get paid when in the long run there is no guarantee he is even going to get paid more. "

Edited by Hawkmoor

6 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

What a Boston Celtic fan said over on the Celtic messageboard.  Folks up in Boston are hanging on this just as much as the folks in Atlanta.   Some insight into how some fans in other cities look at Atlanta:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=85978.465

" Seriously though....the Hawks...THE HAWKS?! Come on Al, come be a winner in a real sports city. "

I am sure Knicks and Laker fans are saying similar things. Its a new era, no longer do players just move to be in the big cities because they are big markets and small markets can compete if managed correctly. Big market teams are always going to be the NBA darlings of the commissioner and ESPN but if they are a screwed up franchise great players will stay away until they are fixed.

Durant in OKC, who in the world does not know who Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook is? Add Duncan and Parker to that list. Add Dirk to that list. Horford needs to do what is best for him, and I am not feeling Washington or Boston right now.