Horford Turned Down 5yr/136mill to leave. See ya Horford

wolvetigers

Ownership did a great job this offseason, In the end Horford wanted to leave. 

Hawks offer to Al Horford topped out at $136 million over 5 years, sources said.

Edited by wolvetigers
  • Like 1

He must really hate Howard. Seems ridiculous considering he has been begging to play the 4. But Good luck big AL. And also good riddance. Going to be nice to have someone dominate the boards alongside Sap.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wolvetigers said:

Ownership did a great job this offseason, In the end Horford wanted to leave. 

Hawks offer to Al Horford topped out at $136 million over 5 years, sources said.

136 is plenty. That would be the 2nd highest contract so far and Al thinks he should get more. Have a good one Al and hope you enjoy playing Center and bitching about it in Boston for the next 3 or 4 years.

28 minutes ago, hawkrule152 said:

He must really hate Howard. Seems ridiculous considering he has been begging to play the 4. But Good luck big AL. And also good riddance. Going to be nice to have someone dominate the boards alongside Sap.

I would hate somebody too, if they dominated me my entire career . Especially when D12 was in the east.

Edited by pimp

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

136 is plenty. That would be the 2nd highest contract so far and Al thinks he should get more. Have a good one Al and hope you enjoy playing Center and bitching about it in Boston for the next 3 or 4 years.

Hey, think of all the offensive rebounds we're gonna be getting against the Celtics now. :biggrin:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm really bummed, Horford was our guy. The play against Washington in game 5 will always be one of the best moments in his career and for us. He wasn't dominant but we will be okay..

Boston though? F U "boss"

People are going to act like losing a weak rebounding big man who inspired no fear in other teams, who'd rather shoot 3s than bang inside is the end of the world. Do you wanna be paying Al Horford $30 mil in 5 years when he's putting up 11 and 5?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I'm really bummed, Horford was our guy. The play against Washington in game 5 will always be one of the best moments in his career and for us. He wasn't dominant but we will be okay..

Boston though? F U "boss"

nba-playoffs-atlanta-hawks-boston-celtic

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

He must be confident that the Celtics are getting KD. Otherwise their ceiling is the 2nd round depending on their 1st round matchup. They aren't beating the Hawks with Millsap/Howard. 

That team is not good without KD. It'll be hilarious. 

Is there a smaller team than Thomas,Bradley,?,Jared,Horf? 

3 minutes ago, FrankWhite said:

People are going to act like losing a weak rebounding big man who inspired no fear in other teams, who'd rather shoot 3s than bang inside is the end of the world. Do you wanna be paying Al Horford $30 mil in 5 years when he's putting up 11 and 5?

BINGO!!!!!!

I said in another thread we would offer 5 and 135. I'm gutted that wasn't enough. You gotta draw the line somewhere. But wouldn't it have been better to offer the extra 6 million in order to keep him simply as a tradeable assets. Pot odds were pretty damn good considering you already had 95% of the money in the pot to begin with, only to fold.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I don't know.  PeachtreeHoops is reporting that he left because the Hawks wouldn't add another $6 million.  Over 5 years.  To lose Al to the dreaded Celtics over $1.2 million per season???  Makes me second guess my faith in our current management . . . .