• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Horford situation has made me realize how much

Pacman21

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

I realized how pathetic the PTH guys are. I always knew Cviv and Schultz were hot trash but we basically have no one good in Atlanta except for the USA Today guys and Zach Klein.

Schultz talks about himself as much as the subjects he writes about and kind of reminds me of the way Bo Jackson used to talk.

• Premium Member
On 7/3/2016 at 3:27 PM, theheroatl said:

I realized how pathetic the PTH guys are. I always knew Cviv and Schultz were hot trash but we basically have no one good in Atlanta except for the USA Today guys and Zach Klein.

I miss Sekou...  Voisin, and Even Lee.  They did good work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

I miss Sekou...  Voisin, and Even Lee.  They did good work.

Sekou was REALLY good. Jason Walker should be the Hawks AJC beat writer.

• Like 2

The Peachtreehoops guys are solid.  For the most part, they do give a fair analysis of what is going on with the team.   They're not supposed to be kool aid drinkers.  Despite me getting the lifetime ban from that site, their writers are fair in what they write about the team.

The AJC, on the other hand, are straight garbage.  Vivlamore disappoints me more times than not.  Lazy may be too harsh of a word to describe him.  Maybe better words would be lackadasical .. nonchalant?   LOL .. then again, those words are often used to call a person "lazy".

Schultz and Bradley shouldn't even write about the Hawks.  They don't follow the team nearly close enough to even form opinions.  And 85% of the time when they write about the team, it's in a negative light.   They're more positive to a Braves franchise that has easily been the most disappointing pro franchise in Atlanta the past 10 years, than they are about the Hawks.

The Hawks may be "playoff mediocre", but we don't suck like the Braves do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Peachtreehoops guys are solid.  For the most part, they do give a fair analysis of what is going on with the team.   They're not supposed to be kool aid drinkers.  Despite me getting the lifetime ban from that site, their writers are fair in what they write about the team.

The AJC, on the other hand, are straight garbage.  Vivlamore disappoints me more times than not.  Lazy may be too harsh of a word to describe him.  Maybe better words would be lackadasical .. nonchalant?   LOL .. then again, those words are often used to call a person "lazy".

Schultz and Bradley shouldn't even write about the Hawks.  They don't follow the team nearly close enough to even form opinions.  And 85% of the time when they write about the team, it's in a negative light.   They're more positive to a Braves franchise that has easily been the most disappointing pro franchise in Atlanta the past 10 years, than they are about the Hawks.

The Hawks may be "playoff mediocre", but we don't suck like the Braves do.

We need a beat writer that at least gives a damn about the Hawks. One who actually likes basketball. C-Viv just does it because it's his job. No passion for it.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We need a beat writer that at least gives a damn about the Hawks. One who actually likes basketball. C-Viv just does it because it's his job. No passion for it.

C Viv should be working as a tailor or selling fruit in the streets of Kansas. Maybe work at the local nerdery. (But I must inform the nerdery that he isn't punctual at all...)

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

:banned:

Wait, what did you do NorthCyde?  :sclerosis:

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I've been saying for years Jason Walker should be hired by AJC but he's down around Orlando IIRC so that might be a hard drive to work.

Agreed, but you probably remember the blackout he got years ago after giving a less than flattering review to the workout of a couple of prospects the Hawks were evaluating.  Told it like it was and the powers that be went after him for it.  Hopefully the new Hawks management team embraces him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

Agreed, but you probably remember the blackout he got years ago after giving a less than flattering review to the workout of a couple of prospects the Hawks were evaluating.  Told it like it was and the powers that be went after him for it.  Hopefully the new Hawks management team embraces him.

That was the old BK regime. Also got rules passed because agents hit the roof that Jason was telling it like it was and hurting their clients draft prospects. That has to be old water under the bridge at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

:banned:

Wait, what did you do NorthCyde?  :sclerosis:

Basically I was too outspoken over there.   I started posting over there more frequently when Ferry became in charge.  I was one of the main negative voices about Ferry.  I had differences of opinion with Kris Willis ( head writer ), to the point that anything I said in which he didn't like, he responded to it negatively or sarcastically.  In times in which he agreed with me, he said nothing, which I thought was hilarious.

The posters on Peachtree ( at that time ) were a carefree, joking type of bunch, and really didn't get hardcore like we do over here.   The regulars are a great group, much like over here.  So my "long rants", whether people agreed or disagreed with them, didn't go over well over there.  I was even accused of being a "troll".   But as I kept posting, more people started to agree with my opinion.  

I can't prove this, but I think that Kris even raised the limit to "green light" a post, from 3 to 5 likes, because I was starting to get a lot of likes from my post.   People on there asked him about it, but he just blew it off.

Toward the end, I let a few posters get to me, with some of the pot shots they'd always take at me.  I would be the one getting the warning from Kris whenever I responded, but no warning was given to them.  I finally unleashed a tirade on one of their posters ( who is now a contributing writer, "J. Lane" ).  Wish I remembered exactly what article I unleashed on him on.  I'd post the link of it here.

But after numerous warnings by Kris, that was the last straw for him.  That post deserved to get me banned, because technically, I violated the "terms of service".

Honestly, it was a situation where I should've kept my cool, despite the trolling from others on me, and just stuck to talking about basketball.  But it's also a situation where Kris pretty much picks and chooses who he targets, while he lets others get away with murder.   And if you're too negative about the Hawks, that's a no-no over there . . . unless everyone is negative about something, or a particular Hawk.

It makes me appreciate the mods over here.  Personal opinions are never suppressed.  But when personal attacks happen, you guys step right in and try to squash that.   A guy like Hotlanta could never post over there, with his negative slant on things.  He'd instantly get banned.  But at least here, he has a voice, whether we agree with him or not.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Basically I was too outspoken over there.   I started posting over there more frequently when Ferry became in charge.  I was one of the main negative voices about Ferry.  I had differences of opinion with Kris Willis ( head writer ), to the point that anything I said in which he didn't like, he responded to it negatively or sarcastically.  In times in which he agreed with me, he said nothing, which I thought was hilarious.

The posters on Peachtree ( at that time ) were a carefree, joking type of bunch, and really didn't get hardcore like we do over here.   The regulars are a great group, much like over here.  So my "long rants", whether people agreed or disagreed with them, didn't go over well over there.  I was even accused of being a "troll".   But as I kept posting, more people started to agree with my opinion.  

I can't prove this, but I think that Kris even raised the limit to "green light" a post, from 3 to 5 likes, because I was starting to get a lot of likes from my post.   People on there asked him about it, but he just blew it off.

Toward the end, I let a few posters get to me, with some of the pot shots they'd always take at me.  I would be the one getting the warning from Kris whenever I responded, but no warning was given to them.  I finally unleashed a tirade on one of their posters ( who is now a contributing writer, "J. Lane" ).  Wish I remembered exactly what article I unleashed on him on.  I'd post the link of it here.

But after numerous warnings by Kris, that was the last straw for him.  That post deserved to get me banned, because technically, I violated the "terms of service".

Honestly, it was a situation where I should've kept my cool, despite the trolling from others on me, and just stuck to talking about basketball.  But it's also a situation where Kris pretty much picks and chooses who he targets, while he lets others get away with murder.   And if you're too negative about the Hawks, that's a no-no over there . . . unless everyone is negative about something, or a particular Hawk.

It makes me appreciate the mods over here.  Personal opinions are never suppressed.  But when personal attacks happen, you guys step right in and try to squash that.   A guy like Hotlanta could never post over there, with his negative slant on things.  He'd instantly get banned.  But at least here, he has a voice, whether we agree with him or not.

My rants on how terrible Pero was, didn't help me over there either.   A lot of those dudes were Pero fans.  I've always spoke out against Pero, and that caused a lot of problems for me over there too.   As Pero started playing like garbage though, they all started to see the light.  I believe I got banned right before last year's playoffs.

27 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Oh god not Josh Lane. I used to be cool with him. But i joked about his favorite football team and he got mad and unfollowed me.

• Like 1